Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
From what was hinted at by some on this board, the dad went rogue and cut out their NIL rep on the last deal with Florida. I think Rashada wanted to play at Miami and why he chose us when UF’s NIL deal was higher the first time.

I think UF, desperate after the Cormani debacle, put out a deal that was too good to turn down. I also think they never planned on making right on that deal. If the rep is still there, he probably warns them that this was an unreasonably favorable deal. Harlan Rashada got gold greed and lost.
I know you and I disagree on this point but Jaden’s dad is absolutely acting like a weight around his son’s neck. And I wish Jaden had the fortitude to remove the weight. Not from his life for good but from this decision.

I know you and I disagree on this point but Jaden’s dad is absolutely acting like a weight around his son’s neck. And I wish Jaden had the fortitude to remove the weight. Not from his life for good but from this decision.

For the most part, parents of elite athletes are the worst. A good friend is a sports agent and the stories he tells me are bananas.

Advertisement
For the most part, parents of elite athletes are the worst. A good friend is a sports agent and the stories he tells me are bananas.
I will tell you guys another story.
My nephew was a McDonald’s High School All American basketball player. he was at all the camps and events with the other star players in his class. My brother in law told me the following stories.
Sports Illustrated ran a story about how pious Jabari Parker and his family were. But at camp Jabari’s mom goes apoplectic in front of everyone at even the suggestion that Jabari would attend a camp without being paid in cash.
At the Nike events, parents were literally walking around the Nike rep and going into the back and walking out with as much Nike gear as they could carry. It was not free gear but because the kids were stars the rep could not do anything to stop the parents.
Parent after parent deriving their self worth from their son’s accomplishments.

Advertisement
My nephew was a McDonald’s High School All American basketball player. he was at all the camps and events with the other star players in his class. My brother in law told me the following stories.
Sports Illustrated ran a story about how pious Jabari Parker and his family were. But at camp Jabari’s mom goes apoplectic in front of everyone at even the suggestion that Jabari would attend a camp without being paid in cash.
At the Nike events, parents were literally walking around the Nike rep and going into the back and walking out with as much Nike gear as they could carry. It was not free gear but because the kids were stars the rep could not do anything to stop the parents.

100%.

Yeah it used to be kept somewhat quiet when it was still against the rules to receive money. Now the parents are out of control trying to cash in.
NIL and Portal is good for cfb. It helps identify genuine players and families from bag chasers. Hopefully their are some parents of recruits reading this. YOUR KID CAN STILL GET PAID VERY WELL AT AN INSTITUTION WITHOUT ALL THE BS

Basketball recruiting is on a whole different level compared to football.

Yeah, these Gaytors is nuts.

Bottom line, here's the thing...from the time Jaden flipped until the "termination letter was sent" was a relatively short period of time. Nothing really out-of-the-ordinary happened. The Gaytors can't blame an "All Star Game", because it had not yet been played.

They have to be honest about the timeline. They got desperate. They negotiated against themselves and doubled what Miami had offered. AND ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, they realized they didn't have the money they promised.

It's just shocking for the naked greed ON BOTH SIDES. The Gaytor fans can blame the Rashadas. BUT THE GAYTOR FANS ALL WANTED TO BELIEVE THAT THEY HAD THE CASH TO COMPETE WITH ALABAMA AND GEORGIA AND TENNESSEE AND LSU. Let alone Baba Yaga John Ruiz.

So they "spent" money they didn't have. They threw down a credit card to pay for an expensive dinner to impress a "hot chick".

Pathetic.
Olvidense, Gators. Ruiz es la poronga del pabellon.

Advertisement
Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to something like 50% of all NIL money or whatever must be put into a trust only the player can access after they turn 21 or 24...
If a 17 year old gets $25K/yr for 4 years in NIL, so has to put $12.5k for 4 years in a trust which just uses S&P500 and can't access that until he turns 24, He'd have probably >$100k in the bank waiting for him. If its just until 21, they'd have > $60k.
The NCAA can’t enforce a rule like that.

952D6286-7870-45FA-BE62-0E92034FF5F0.jpeg

Rashada was like 👆🏾👆🏾!

Advertisement
So Rashada turned down millions of real dollars from UM to receive nothing from UF?
Somewhere an agent needs to lose a job and anyone else who recommended the flip needs to be cut out of Rashada’s life.

I know you guys get ****ed at me for arguing that parents need to be removed from some of these young people’s decision making but I have seen parents ruin kids over and over again in sports. And most of the time it is when the young person is a high school or college star and the parents want something for themselves, while pretending to be all about their kid. **** opportunists.
That somebody who recommended the flip was dear old dad. lol

NIL and Portal is good for cfb. It helps identify genuine players and families from bag chasers. Hopefully their are some parents of recruits reading this. YOUR KID CAN STILL GET PAID VERY WELL AT AN INSTITUTION WITHOUT ALL THE BS
It’s also great for the NFL as it allows them to evaluate how kids do when they have money.

It may reduce a few of the first round busts that don’t pan out simply because they get life changing money and lose the hunger.

Advertisement
Back