Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Short term thinking could be a little harsh. I mean, they are very likely thinking, “this is our shot, if Jaden doesn’t become a top round draft pick, this IS our first round money. Let’s get as much guaranteed and up front as possible”
Just a thought. But as usual more money isn’t usually the best option in the end.
Jaden, and perhaps his parents (not sure how old Jaden is), signed an agreement, no? And then wanted to renegotiate the upfront payment? Am I understanding the situation? Or did the GC default?

One timeline I read was the GC informed the Rashadas on 12/7 they were terminating the NLI agreement. Rashada and family still signed an LOI on 12/21, ESD.

If the above is true, he and his family never should have signed the LOI at UF.

Advertisement
UF to replace Gatorade as its official hydration beverage.
From now on
1673888047397.png

Advertisement
All of this. Especially that last part. Honestly, I liked the Moore kid more, anyways. Reshada may end up a pro bowler one day and make me eat those words, but as a prospect, I think the other kid is just better. I think Emory is gonna make a few people on these boards change their minds about him as well.

Man, was talking to one of the homies about Emory. I’m going to do a real in depth film review of both him & Brock Purdy in high school, but upon first glance, that’s who I was reminded of.

Jaden, and perhaps his parents (not sure how old Jaden is), signed an agreement, no? And then wanted to renegotiate the upfront payment? Am I understanding the situation? Or did the GC default?

One timeline I read was the GC informed the Rashadas on 12/7 they were terminating the NLI agreement. Rashada and family still signed an LOI on 12/21, ESD.

My theory is that he was advised to still sign by his attorneys/advisors even though UF tried to terminate a fully executed agreement. If you are going to claim the other side breached a contract and you intend to pursue damages, one could say it's best to perform and follow through on your end so the breach is entirely one-sided. Why allow them to even try to pretend you didn't intend to enroll and have to defend that for a second? It puts even more pressure on UF. I really don't see the downside for JR. He knows they have to release him if that's what he wants. Right now he's still their signee and still their problem. He has more leverage this way, interestingly.

Advertisement
My theory is that he was advised to still sign by his attorneys/advisors even though UF tried to terminate a fully executed agreement. If you are going to claim the other side breached a contract and you intend to pursue damages, one could say it's best to perform and follow through on your end so the breach is entirely one-sided. Why allow them to even try to pretend you didn't intend to enroll and have to defend that for a second? It puts even more pressure on UF. I really don't see the downside for JR. He knows they have to release him if that's what he wants. Right now he's still their signee and still their problem. He has more leverage this way, interestingly.
That would actually be very bad legal advice if so. Once one party makes such an unambiguous statement of their intent to breach a contract the law allows the other party to immediately treat the contract as having already been wrongfully breached and releases them from duty to continue their end.

That would actually be very bad legal advice if so. Once one party makes such an unambiguous statement of their intent to breach a contract the law allows the other party to immediately treat the contract as having already been wrongfully breached and releases them from duty to continue their end.
Yes, I think I addressed that indirectly. But like I said, it puts even more pressure on UF and boxes them in further. The legal ramifications aren't the only ramifications. The PR/recruiting/rep part of this is probably even more important. That's the real pressure point here. So I think this would push the UF side to want to settle even faster.

They have to release him unless they are morons. His legal team will show a close nexus between the GC and the school and then what - they didn’t honor the agreement and then they’re preventing him from recouping his losses by limiting his market???
But they are morons

Behind The Scenes GIF by BET Awards

Advertisement
only one problem is that no way they put a stip in his contract that he had to sign a LOI.

That is serving pay for play up on a silver platter. I think there was just some convincing going on coupled with increasingly limited options for Rashada. I.E. ok we screwed up but here instead of that 1 mil upfront we will get you more, just need more time yadda yadda, Rashada's camp also put out feelers again in early Dec and I assume no one bit hard.

Only other thing could be Rashada maybe wanting to cover his own a$$ saying it was NOT pay for play. And then like you said knowing he can get out of it and at worst he burns his one freebie transfer.

Absolutely, they never should’ve signed without an agreement in place. There’s plenty of blame to go around here. The Gator conglomerate shouldn’t be backing out of deals, and the family should know there’s no negotiating once an agreement is signed, and I’d surely never sign an LOI without my ZnLI agreement in place. It’s just a mess for everyone involved at this point..
Which is great since it’s them and not us! Lol

Advertisement
only one problem is that no way they put a stip in his contract that he had to sign a LOI.

That is serving pay for play up on a silver platter. I think there was just some convincing going on coupled with increasingly limited options for Rashada. I.E. ok we screwed up but here instead of that 1 mil upfront we will get you more, just need more time yadda yadda, Rashada's camp also put out feelers again in early Dec and I assume no one bit hard.

Only other thing could be Rashada maybe wanting to cover his own a$$ saying it was NOT pay for play. And then like you said knowing he can get out of it and at worst he burns his one freebie transfer.

Yes, but if they had obligations like some Miami deals supposedly do, local appearances, etc. that make it practically impossible to attend somewhere else, it has the same effect. UF (GC) and JR had a fully executed agreement in place. JR's lawyers could have/should have responded to the termination agreement with "we aren't receptive to terminating the agreement and we expect UF to fulfill their contractual obligation, as JR has/will." Signing shows his absolute intent to relocate to G-ville. JR is pushing his chips in (make your move, UF). As I said in response to another poster above, the legal component is only a part of it. The PR pressure (look at how much bad publicity this has created for UF, look at how everyone is questioning their NIL) is even more important for a football program that relies on perception. That could push UF to cave and buy him off at an absurdly large number.

Regardless,

I'm here for it. FU UF.

Advertisement
Back