Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Is Sanders son good enough to get drafted?
I’ve never seen him play so I have no idea, is he any good?

Shadeur has played very well at QB at Jackson State.

I'd say this. We HAVE seen non-P5 QBs go high in the draft and do very well.

If Shaeur does well and wins games at Colorado against tougher competiton than what he was facing at Jackson State, then I definitely think he would be drafted.

Advertisement
Please. Anything you are referring to is rumor. If it weren’t, the NCAA would be all over it. This is not the same as normal employment. This is a position were people risk their physical well being in the hopes of going to the NFL. A QB bowing out of multiple commitments is a red flag.
Jaden Rushouttathere.

Doesn't matter where.

If you think Jaden Rashada was getting thirteen million American dollars to go to the gator, please kindy and simply "like" this post, so I can put you on ignore.

Thanks, and have a great afternoon.
I make a distinction between receiving and “offered”. There is no way any school would pay him close to that amount. But that Heitner dude is a loose cannon and was probably very loose with his financial projections. I wouldn’t doubt if he threw out $13 million when mentioning best case “projected” value of his NIL deal with the Gators.

Shadeur has played very well at QB at Jackson State.

I'd say this. We HAVE seen non-P5 QBs go high in the draft and do very well.

If Shaeur does well and wins games at Colorado against tougher competiton than what he was facing at Jackson State, then I definitely think he would be drafted.
He’s talented and has potential but the competition will go up dramatically. He won’t be playing with a huge talent advantage surrounding him next year like at JSU. It’ll actually be the opposite most weeks. Regardless It’ll be intriguing to watch next year.

So by simply conducting busines he clearly has character issues? I disagree. Nobody knows if he “shopped” it or if UF approached him, and it doesn’t really matter to be honest. You’re a recruit with a desperate school looking to pay you 13 Mil more than you’re worth, and you have one crack at this, do your thing. If I had a 13 Mil deal lined up with UF, and a week later got a 13.1 Mil NIL deal set up with Florida Atlantic University, I’d tell UF to match it or suck it. Business is business, don’t take it so personal.

I'm not saying he "clearly" has character issues or not. You said "he doesn't have character issues because X", and I'm saying "to the extent that someone can say there are character issues, it would be because Y, not X".

Now, as far as you thinking that people don't "know" and that "nobody knows if he shoped it"...yeah, that's wrong. It was fairly well known. I realize that some of our fans first learned of Rashada's flip hours after it was announced, but other people had been expecting it since the summertime. And not out of generalized feelings of mopiness. But because of information that circulated WITH SPECIFIC DOLLAR FIGURES that could only have been known if certain people were out there shopping the deal to other schools.

As for the rest of your post, I get it, you're on Team "Get Whatever You Can". I don't care about that. Personally, I think you've listened to "Lose Yourself" about 1,000 times too many and you've taken it way too literally, but whatever.

Rashada may not have signed an LOI during the summer (he couldn't), but he signed an NIL contract. And he didn't just wake up 3 months later with another offer for more, he and his father were actively trying to find a better contract from the moment he signed his first contract. So, yeah, that's where people question him. Not about whether he wants X million or XX million, but whether ANYTHING he says OR SIGNS can be trusted. Which is, of course, an important attribute for the QB/leader of your team.

That's all. I'm not saying it makes him or his father "evil people", but you can certainly derive other words like "untrustworthy" from a situation like that.

Advertisement
He’s talented and has potential but the competition will go up dramatically. He won’t be playing with a huge talent advantage surrounding him next year like at JSU. It’ll actually be the opposite most weeks. Regardless It’ll be intriguing to watch next year.

Agreed.

I would also point out, he will be playing in the Pac 12, and Deion is definitely trying to do everything he can to surround Shadeur with the best Portal talent he can round up.

I'm not saying he "clearly" has character issues or not. You said "he doesn't have character issues because X", and I'm saying "to the extent that someone can say there are character issues, it would be because Y, not X".

Now, as far as you thinking that people don't "know" and that "nobody knows if he shoped it"...yeah, that's wrong. It was fairly well known. I realize that some of our fans first learned of Rashada's flip hours after it was announced, but other people had been expecting it since the summertime. And not out of generalized feelings of mopiness. But because of information that circulated WITH SPECIFIC DOLLAR FIGURES that could only have been known if certain people were out there shopping the deal to other schools.

As for the rest of your post, I get it, you're on Team "Get Whatever You Can". I don't care about that. Personally, I think you've listened to "Lose Yourself" about 1,000 times too many and you've taken it way too literally, but whatever.

Rashada may not have signed an LOI during the summer (he couldn't), but he signed an NIL contract. And he didn't just wake up 3 months later with another offer for more, he and his father were actively trying to find a better contract from the moment he signed his first contract. So, yeah, that's where people question him. Not about whether he wants X million or XX million, but whether ANYTHING he says OR SIGNS can be trusted. Which is, of course, an important attribute for the QB/leader of your team.

That's all. I'm not saying it makes him or his father "evil people", but you can certainly derive other words like "untrustworthy" from a situation like that.
As for the first paragraph to your extensive reply, I’ll choose not to go full Doctor Phil in understanding a 19 year old. As for the rest of the reply, did not read.

2022: Noles gets pantsed as the most iconic football player in their program's history swipes the nation's No. 1 recruit — an FSU commit for more than a year — right from under their noses. The entire College Football world laughs at FSU. Classic dumb *** Noles caught looking stupid.

2023: Gators big-**** the Canes (or so they think) and pull one of the country's top-rated QB prospects straight off our commitment list by convincing the kid that Miami's money ain't real money. Flash forward two months later: QB's dad: "Where are those funds y'all promised? Time to pay up" UF collective: "Uhhh, well, we ain't got it." Classic arrogant *** Gators caught with their mouths writing a check the bank can't cash.

You can not make this **** up

Purely for discussion's sake let's assume the 13 mil is correct, that is end of the 1st round money from last year's draft.

1673561792793.png

Advertisement
Purely for discussion's sake let's assume the 13 mil is correct, that is end of the 1st round money from last year's draft.

View attachment 224549

It's not correct.

I've heard that the largest/max-est Gaytor number offered and/or accepted involved $10 million over 4-5 years, with a million of that to be paid pre-enrollment.

Whether that Gaytor number has been exaggerated a bit...I do not know, I do not have the Gaytor NIL contract in front of me.

Advertisement
13 mili?

The stripper is definitely into you and you’ve both made a deep soul fulfilling connection.
Drop a ring on it.

Hey, wait a second, the strippers always think I’m cute and manly and ooh and aahh over my biceps.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. They’re honest as ****.

Agreed though just by watching us navigate some of those “official visit” restrictions it will be interesting to see if he visits anywhere else last minute “unofficially” in heavy air quotes

The reason I brought up NLOI day being so close is because I suspect most schools will lock in on their classes. I have to wonder what happens if he doesnt land a deal with Ole Miss or TAMU in the next few weeks.

Advertisement
This is a great example of perception becoming reality. Perhaps the reality is what is being told (I have no knowledge), but the fact of the matter is that if it is not, and there is some other reason, Florida looks toxic to recruits for the next couple of cycles at a minimum because of this.

This perception/reality nexus is exactly why I hope that if Cormani goes elsewhere (let me state that I really hope he comes here) we need to make sure that the reason why there was an impasse is publicly disclosed (assuming it has nothing to do with the actual fulfillment of promised payment). If it is the timing of payment due to not being eligible to legally receive it, it must be disclosed so that we do not have any issue with perception of true to our word. If it is something else entirely, it needs to be disclosed so that it cannot be perceived that this had to do with unfulfilled NIL promises.

Florida will be broken in recruiting for a while because of this and we need to make sure that we do not suffer the same fate.

Advertisement
Back