Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

From Brandon Huffman, West Coast 247 writer last night:

"Jaden hasn't enrolled yet, he's in the Bay Area," Rashada said. "We're having a conversation with Florida tomorrow (Thursday). “We’re in constant talks with Florida in regards to his enrollment, but I’d like to think if he’s not enrolled by Friday there will be some challenges there to proceed as planned."

With Florida's first day of classes this past Monday (Jan. 9), this upcoming Friday (Jan. 12) is the last day of drop/add at the university. That would allow Rashada to enroll and start attending classes on Monday, pending their conversation with the university on Thursday.

"We're working through some things right now with Florida and hoping that they get resolved soon," Harlen Rashada said. "Jaden has been excited about the next chapter of his academic and athletic career and is eagerly anticipating early enrollment in Gainesville.”

Advertisement
From Brandon Huffman, West Coast 247 writer last night:

"Jaden hasn't enrolled yet, he's in the Bay Area," Rashada said. "We're having a conversation with Florida tomorrow (Thursday). “We’re in constant talks with Florida in regards to his enrollment, but I’d like to think if he’s not enrolled by Friday there will be some challenges there to proceed as planned."

With Florida's first day of classes this past Monday (Jan. 9), this upcoming Friday (Jan. 12) is the last day of drop/add at the university. That would allow Rashada to enroll and start attending classes on Monday, pending their conversation with the university on Thursday.

"We're working through some things right now with Florida and hoping that they get resolved soon," Harlen Rashada said. "Jaden has been excited about the next chapter of his academic and athletic career and is eagerly anticipating early enrollment in Gainesville.”
Kinda sounds like Friday is the deadline for NIL payment or else he’ll try and leave. Also to me it feels like their camp leaked the info to On3 to help bring Florida to the table more.

mom son GIF

Advertisement
what did he do wrong to UF? they didn't pay up what they promised.
He committed to Miami. What did Miami do to wrong him? He committed to UF. You are saying they didn’t make do on their promise. Maybe he needed to commit to a team that makes do before he signs on the dotted line. If his expectations are too high, then he is locker room poison.

He committed to UM. UF offered a bigger bag and he broke that commitment. Then UF broke their commitment to him by not paying what they promised. Everything comes full circle. You play the game, sometimes you lose.

Advertisement
I received a text that Rashada’s mother is in the medical field, like a nurse in med surge / critical care and part of the package is a transfer to Florida hospital but there may be challenges with the regulations from different states and they are getting cold feet.

Not sure what this means but maybe someone with more knowledge on nurses and care can chime in.

🚶🏻‍♂️
That’s a better excuse than my mama sick! 😂😂😂😂 if she’s a nurse she can get a job anywhere. I mean you might have to take a test. But it was getting his millions mama won’t have to work anyway.

We should take him for a fraction of what we had agreed to before. His options are dropping and so is his negotiation power.

Ruiz should just offer him a deal for pennies on the dollar and let him take or leave it and Mario can handle the locker room/culture piece.

If it doesn't work out he can be asked to seek shelter after spring.

Maybe he just needs to get away from his "network" of people for a few months to mature and grow up.

We should take him for a fraction of what we had agreed to before. His options are dropping and so is his negotiation power.

Ruiz should just offer him a deal for pennies on the dollar and let him take or leave it and Mario can handle the locker room/culture piece.

Maybe he just needs to get away from his "network" of people for a few months to mature and grow up.
F him.....Lol at Mario taking him back. That ain't happening....

Advertisement
Who is landing this dude? Cant be good for a locker room.

I am a little bit curious by these comments... Everything I have read so far insinuates this is a UF issue and not Rashada asking for more $ etc. The fact is NCAA is now more like the NFL where players go to rivals all the time because $ is involved.

But regardless, I am unsure what profession you are in but for sake of example lets say you are a very skilled craftsman, call it a carpenter. You quit your job and have numerous suitors. In doing your due diligence you make it known that salary is going to be a big part of your decision. Home Depot calls and offers you 100k a year, you give them a verbal commitment. Prior to you signing an employment agreement Lowes, their main competitor calls and offers you 200k a year plus a 100k signing bonus, you call Home Depot and let them know that Lowes has doubled the offer plus a signing bonus and you are wanting to now go to Lowes unless Home Depot can match. Home Depot says thanks no thanks, wish you well.

You then call Lowes and give them your verbal commitment. You sign the employment agreement and Lowes fails to pay you your signing bonus, then misses your first paycheck, you now want out. Are you the diva or locker room cancer in that scenario?

Now I know in my hypothetical Rashada and his camp likely are not that innocent but if this truly is a UF issue why is Rashada being blamed?

not my money so idc what wed offer him now. its 99.9 percent guaranteed mario wont re-offer or re-recruit him and i dont blame him if he chooses not to tho i would bc improvement in the QB room is a must and we struggled w QB and WR this cycle for the high end kids.

I am a little bit curious by these comments... Everything I have read so far insinuates this is a UF issue and not Rashada asking for more $ etc. The fact is NCAA is now more like the NFL where players go to rivals all the time because $ is involved.

But regardless, I am unsure what profession you are in but for sake of example lets say you are a very skilled craftsman, call it a carpenter. You quit your job and have numerous suitors. In doing your due diligence you make it known that salary is going to be a big part of your decision. Home Depot calls and offers you 100k a year, you give them a verbal commitment. Prior to you signing an employment agreement Lowes, their main competitor calls and offers you 200k a year plus a 100k signing bonus, you call Home Depot and let them know that Lowes has doubled the offer plus a signing bonus and you are wanting to now go to Lowes unless Home Depot can match. Home Depot says thanks no thanks, wish you well.

You then call Lowes and give them your verbal commitment. You sign the employment agreement and Lowes fails to pay you your signing bonus, then misses your first paycheck, you now want out. Are you the diva or locker room cancer in that scenario?

Now I know in my hypothetical Rashada and his camp likely are not that innocent but if this truly is a UF issue why is Rashada being blamed?
his whole thing is he committed which is thrown out considering we flipped a decent amount of kids this cycle so i guess theyre all poison in his own words too

Advertisement
his whole thing is he committed which is thrown out considering we flipped a decent amount of kids this cycle so i guess theyre all poison in his own words too
Yeah just flipping I do not think makes a kid an issue in and of itself. Like is Collins Acheampong going to be a problem in the locker room? He flipped to us from Michigan in a similar fashion on how Rashada flipped. No trolling just a straight up decommit and recommit tweet. Now with that I am not saying or arguing we should take him or even try. I am fine with the fact he made a decision he felt was best for him, we moved on, he got burnt, and has to live with the consequences but I just don't understand that mindset that he is a locker room problem.

Yeah just flipping I do not think makes a kid an issue in and of itself. Like is Collins Acheampong going to be a problem in the locker room? He flipped to us from Michigan in a similar fashion on how Rashada flipped. No trolling just a straight up decommit and recommit tweet. Now with that I am not saying or arguing we should take him or even try. I am fine with the fact he made a decision he felt was best for him, we moved on, he got burnt, and has to live with the consequences but I just don't understand that mindset that he is a locker room problem.
i have theories why some people think that way but i dont want to get into it lol

Very well articulated and right on point. Rashada looks exactly like a bag chasing drama queen. Hard pass.
Imagine having to deal with Rashada's camp after every season.
They'll either be complaining about playing time or threatening to go into the portal unless he gets more money. NO THANKS.
He's not worth it IMO. I think he is a decent prospect and could be a good college player, but he is not a can't miss prospect by any means.
I would rather go hard after Legway, or some other top QB in 24 class.

He himself doesn’t seem to produce much drama. I haven’t seen him much, but he seems rather unassuming for a quarterback. Actually looks kind of shy but I could be wrong.

If I had to bet, he isn’t a cancer or distraction. Dad seems to be getting a bad rap for acting in the best interest of his son/family and being shrewd in negotiations. I don’t see them being a problem unless they are lied to.

I’m loving this. How can a collective have audacity to pull a stunt like this? If this thing goes bad , they can damage their reputation with recruits for years to come. It’s unfathomable they could be so stupid, but then again, they are jort wearing turds.

Advertisement
Back