Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Is it just me or does Rashada look like Jarren Williams? Now I'm ******* spooked. Might be time for a beer.
I was gonna say Sideshow Bob
E6647835-E95F-4ABA-8C71-A72466E81912.jpeg

I’m not a slurper that is just going to blindly trust in Mario and say give him infinite time without judgement

But let’s just settle down and see how the 2022 year wraps up, particularly replacing Gattis.

That will be the #1 catalyst for shaping the team going into 2023
agreed, but if mario takes another 4 months to make that decision, were done here in terms of QBs. he needs to make the decision swiftly

Come on dude.
I'm no scout but I do have eyes.
And so do people that evaluate players for a living. He's rated as a low 3 star, 623rd player nationally. Not highly coveted by anyone.

He's a good project QB to have in the class and good for depth.
Perhaps, he over comes his physical deficiencies and lack of arm strength, develops and becomes an all American, but hanging your hopes on him to be the future of the program is long shot.
The problem with NIL/Portal is any big name QB like Rashada aint sticking around if he isn't playing after more than 1 year. Cuz there's always another school with a bag and starting spot open. You cant really stack 4/5 star QB's any more. Sure there's an exception here and there but its not like the old days where players were happy to redshirt and sit a few years for their turn

A guy like Emory is great cuz he will likely redshirt , develop, and wait his turn. Maybe he turns into something or maybe not. Idk but elite 11 qb, 3 star or not, is worth a take.

If anyone thinks Rashada was sticking around if Garcia became starter for next 2 years, i doubt it unless the NIL was SO big to just sit and do nothing on the bench. Obviously Jake aint the guy, but now TVD is likely back next year. And if TVD isnt, guess what? We're a big name school with NIL and a starting spot. A 4/5 star QB sitting on the bench somewhere will be happy to come down.

Welcome to CFB in 2022, rosters now change dramatically year to year, ESPECIALLY at QB where you only play 1 guy at a time. While Mario's 1st year is total fail, it's only reason I'm not panicking yet.

we'll have 2 head to head shots at this kid, hopefully we are a fielding a bad *** team at that juncture, the rest is semantics and not worth getting too high or low about honestly

Advertisement
The problem with NIL/Portal is any big name QB like Rashada aint sticking around if he isn't playing more than 1 year. Cuz there's always another school with a bag and starting spot open. You cant really stack 4/5 star QB's any more. Sure there's an exception here and there but its not like the old days where players were happy to redshirt and sit a few years for their turn

A guy like Emory is great cuz he will redshirt and wait his turn. Maybe he turns into something or maybe not. Idk but elite 11 qb, 3 star or not, is worth a take.

If anyone thinks Rashada was sticking around if Garcia became starter for next 2 years, i doubt it unless the NIL was SO big to just sit and do nothing on the bench. Obviously Jake aint the guy, but now TVD is likely back next year. And if TVD isnt, guess what? We're a big name school with NIL and a starting spot. A 4/5 star QB sitting on the bench somewhere will be happy to come down.

Welcome to CFB in 2022, rosters now change dramatically year to year, ESPECIALLY at QB where you only play 1 guy at a time. While Mario's 1st year is total fail, it's only reason I'm not panicking yet.
no big name QB is ocming here to play under gattis/mario. mario has to hit a homerun with a new OC and completely diff o scheme philosophy. he struggled bringing in Qbs at oregon (herbert wasnt his).

The problem with NIL/Portal is any big name QB like Rashada aint sticking around if he isn't playing after more than 1 year. Cuz there's always another school with a bag and starting spot open. You cant really stack 4/5 star QB's any more. Sure there's an exception here and there but its not like the old days where players were happy to redshirt and sit a few years for their turn

A guy like Emory is great cuz he will likely redshirt , develop, and wait his turn. Maybe he turns into something or maybe not. Idk but elite 11 qb, 3 star or not, is worth a take.

Even more reason to have an OC that’s a genius and QB guru, to retain and attract talented QBs

The Gattis Ponce combo was no bueno

I haven’t watched any of his tape so I can’t say we lost a good QB. I saw one of his highlights where he does hesitate throwing the ball and worries too much bout the Dline coming. Will have to see more. He does have 8 INTS this year, right?

no big name QB is ocming here to play under gattis/mario. mario has to hit a homerun with a new OC and completely diff o scheme philosophy. he struggled bringing in Qbs at oregon (herbert wasnt his).
Maybe not a big name 5 star all world guy but there's plenty of really good/solid starting QB's at lower tier P5 schools and 4 star QB's who will compete and lose out on the starting spot at big name schools that will happily hit the transfer portal that we'll certainly have a good shot at. New OC + NIL + Mario's crooting + Miami = high likelihood 1-2 QB's will transfer in IF starting spot is open.

Advertisement
From what I understand, Cali law allows for upfront payment of NIL while some other states, such as Florida, apparently call for payment on a per year basis. I'm reading articles and there isn't much info as to how payment occurs. Also, it appears that some states do know allow for payment to be tied to a particular program, i.e. students in those states are not allowed to wear gear from a particular school in promotional (NIL) publications.

Does anyone know how LifeWallet actually structures NIL payments?

Advertisement
FIU was 2-10, 3-7, 5-6 and 0-12 the four years leading up to Mario's tenure. He won two bowl games at that program during his tenure, when he took over something that resembled the worst program in college football at the time. He also identified solid coaches like Scott Satterfield and Todd Orlando on staff. The FIU job was desolate; he gets credit for turning in winning seasons and your analogy makes no sense (everyone to a person will say that Lance Leopold is a terrific coach. Does his 8-13 record at KU negate that? No.)

He went 35-13 at Oregon, who were coming off 4-8 and 7-6 seasons. He won the Pac 12 twice and this year's Oregon team is in the playoff hunt because of the four years of recruiting he did at that school. You can't ignore that.

Gattis is the issue. I was on record as not being crazy about the hire, and every program that Gattis has left has seen an uptick in performance the year after (including Michigan this year). He needs to cut the dead weight after the season, bring in a true power spread guy, and get this **** back on track. It's the easy fix and him and DRad will make it happen.
First you want to ignore FIU then you want to sign his praises there. You also fail to mention his last year was what, 3-9 with his players, guys he recruited. And again, some of the board guru's are the one's saying he is an okay coach. You keep failing to acknowledge that. It is not me randomly saying this, it is the folks that people sit and wait for their little drops of info. Mario is said to be the great recruiter, but to make up for where he lacks the number 10 class will not cut it. He needs to stack classes like Kirby, another guy I do not think is a great HC, but can win with gobs of talent. How about Larry Coker?

Other guys before him had great success at Oregon. He did not reinvent the wheel. USC was down at the time, so the story may be different, but he won the conference, good for him. Now let's level set though on 2020 was it with covid? He came in second in his division and made the championship game when the other team had to pass. But tell me why he did not go to the playoffs as you note he almost made? What happened when he was a lock to go? Perhaps that is more telling. You can't ignore that. Or getting BTFO by Utah. When you look at some of his losses they are head scratchers, kind of like A&M this year.

Cutting coaches is alway the easy fix until it is not and we understand the root cause. The fact that you only see blame is Gattis is troubling. Discipline is still an issue, clock management is an issue, development seems to have taken a step backwards in some positions. But we can bring in a spread guy and all our trouble magically disappear.

Exactly what I’ve been saying, they had to get nix from the portal in what would have been year 5 for Mario.

Advertisement
Eh, if they were bold enough to join us then they are going to come with or without Rashada. JMO

The OC hire is what matters here, although it’s probably a 5%> chance that gets done before 12/21 lol.

Just to complete this for you in true Mario fashion

12/21/2023

From Ferman:

Jaden Rashada took advantage of California NIL laws and entered into a NIL marketing deal with John Ruiz’ LifeWallet after committing to Miami in June.

But sources told CaneSport that he called in sick for a recent commercial shoot under the contract with LifeWallet that was supposed to take place during Miami-FSU weekend.

That was a precursor to what came early Friday morning when Rashada decommitted from Miami.

Lifewallet CEO John Ruiz declined comment Friday when contacted by CaneSport.

The financial terms of the Rashada-LifeWallet contract that has been in effect this year are unknown.

But Rashada and LifeWallet would have had to enter into a new NIL marketing agreement or extend the existing one after he had enrolled at Miami for it to continue during a Rashada career at Miami.

Come on dude.
I'm no scout but I do have eyes.
And so do people that evaluate players for a living. He's rated as a low 3 star, 623rd player nationally. Not highly coveted by anyone.

He's a good project QB to have in the class and good for depth.
Perhaps, he over comes his physical deficiencies and lack of arm strength, develops and becomes an all American, but hanging your hopes on him to be the future of the program is long shot.
In before the Ken Dorsey comparisons…

From Ferman:

Jaden Rashada took advantage of California NIL laws and entered into a NIL marketing deal with John Ruiz’ LifeWallet after committing to Miami in June.

But sources told CaneSport that he called in sick for a recent commercial shoot under the contract with LifeWallet that was supposed to take place during Miami-FSU weekend.

That was a precursor to what came early Friday morning when Rashada decommitted from Miami.

Lifewallet CEO John Ruiz declined comment Friday when contacted by CaneSport.

The financial terms of the Rashada-LifeWallet contract that has been in effect this year are unknown.

But Rashada and LifeWallet would have had to enter into a new NIL marketing agreement or extend the existing one after he had enrolled at Miami for it to continue during a Rashada career at Miami.
Jits want that free money.

Can’t even show up for the photo shoot.

Advertisement
Back