Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
1) Gattis is the worst OC we’ve had in the last 20 years. He is far and away Mario’s biggest fvck up. He needs to be gone the morning after Pitt.

2) Poor choice by JR, the move would’ve been Ole Miss or a spread offense. Sling Blade’s offense will do Rashada absolutely zero favors-equivalent of what Gattis would do for him.

Advertisement
No big time QB will transfer into this offensive ****show.
I think a QB commit or transfer could/would come with a new OC... Remember every current OC in the country is currently recruiting a HS or transfer QB. If we happen to steal one of those OCs, then that QB will at least think about coming with them.

Last edited:
Let’s not backtrack and sound like the gaytor. Jaden is a great prospect. I’m happy we have Emory. He might be better as a player. He might not be. Jaden is not a bad kid. Did he get paid? Probably. Was he going to get paid here? Yes. More or less? No clue. We needed a portal arm anyways cause I’m under the assumption TVD and Jake are gone. So next year it’s portal brown and Emory. Massive ?

Personally I posted in this thread about 2 weeks ago questioning whether we hang onto this kid. And now he’s gone. Hate to have been right but whatever. I thought he’d go to Oregon tho since the moore news came out. Also what an idiot that kid is going to the Spartans over Oregon with that OL and dilly

When Mario arrived, the strongest position group he inherited was the QB room. By far. Then we landed Rashada over the summer, which was a relief to those of us whose biggest concern with Mario was his track record with QB’s he hasn’t inherited.

Now the QB room is an absolute dumpster fire, Rashada flips to an in-state rival, and there’s still 3 games left in this unmitigated disaster of a season. And our lone commit at the position is a 3* project we offered based on Frank f***ing Ponce watching him throw against air.

This runs deeper than Gattis. And the red flags are impossible to ignore.

What a F-ing Sh*tshow....Gattis should have been fired weeks ago....Anyone who says this isn't a substantial loss is a fool....
That’s what I’m tryna say here. Big loss. Great prospect. We need a portal arm regardless. This is on the coaches. The head man had a chance to right the wrong on his handling of quarterbacks and proved the haters right. Sucks but whatever. Onward and upward (as long as gattis has a one way ticket to Guantanamo bay)

Advertisement
Absolutely unreal how you guys go from sucking Mario off for Cormani to wanting him fired for Rashada.

I’m convinced most of you don’t really know football and are just on a message board for some interaction with people not named your family.

Also whoever posted Hank Bauchmeir as a portal QB LOL…that dude doesn’t even belong at D3.

Give me Pratt or Austin Reed. Go spend the money on the front seven, Rashada’s ceiling is elite but he’s an unfinished product, turnover machine that required 1-2 years of development. UF sold him on playing early + a bag…watch him perform poorly at a young age and never recover from it.

Don’t make this about more than it is. Rashada is getting a bigger deal from UF. Does our poor offensive showing hurt? Yes because it means kids won’t take less to come to UM because they aren’t convinced they will succeed. Bama and OSU can offer less because the kids know they have a good shot at the NFL And will be developed. We can’t make that argument right now.
So when UF offered more, they won. Now UF can’t promise much by way of development or wins either which is why this flip can be hung entirely on money.
Such is life and Ruiz’s tweet said as much,
Remember what Ruiz told Wong on the basketball team. He does not renegotiate NIL deals.

Advertisement
And the bright side ot this is that it maybe the nail in the coffin for Gattis. If he was at least recruiting at a high level he could make that argument to getting another year.

Advertisement
The .500 thing is a tired trope. He coached at FIU. He’s a good coach and a program builder.

Gattis was his mistake. It must be addressed and I think him and DRad will. Frustrating but hopefully just a small misstep that’s addressed and moved on from.
Yet his defenders say he is an okay coach, but a great recruiter. You say he is a program build, so please tell me which program he has built?

The FIU thing is funny for defenders. It is like marrying a broken down prostitute and then saying she is a virgin because her life as a ***** did not count. If that is how you have to cope, so be it.

Rashada made the best decision for him. Based on Garcia and Brown it looks like it was the correct decision. Now are we going to say we only had one season to coach them up? The team has regressed, yes I know we have a lot of injuries and that hurts, but the on field product extends beyond the level of talent.

I think every Miami fan realizes Mario needs to succeed, so I as you hope he can figure it out. If Gattis truly is the issue then why is he still here? If that is your belief then he will just chase away more recruits a month prior to signing.

Don’t make this about more than it is. Rashada is getting a bigger deal from UF. Does our poor offensive showing hurt? Yes because it means kids won’t take less to come to UM because they aren’t convinced they will succeed. Bama and OSU can offer less because the kids know they have a good shot at the NFL And will be developed. We can’t make that argument right now.
So when UF offered more, they won. Now UF can’t promise much by way of development or wins either which is why this flip can be hung entirely on money.
Such is life and Ruiz’s tweet said as much,
Remember hat Ruiz told Wong on the basketball team. He does not renegotiate NIL deals.
This is the level headed way of looking at it. Yes we have issues. Yes our OC is not helping. But the fact that he flipped to a program that is no better off then we are with a QB that is so erratic its actually impressive how erratic he is. Shows you this was ultimately more then just our OC.

Last edited:
Stop with the "we will be fine" and "this isn't a big loss" messages. Rashada was the best qb prospect we have had in the past 20 years and the was the foundation of this 2023 class. No offense to Emory Williams and Brown, but you dont win ACC championships and be CFP contenders with either of those guys at qb. Also, its not always easy to find a good qb through the transfer portal. It's going to be very hard to find a qb to replace rashada

Advertisement
Back