Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Idk no real thing just a feeling. i like a couple of things about him though he ticks boxes for mario like being a good recruiter runs the type of O he likes. but yeah everytime we have tried swapping to a "power spread" its faiiled. so just a hunch

Advertisement
Shrug.

Watch this kid blow up in college, but I've been a doubter all along. Same with Niko going to UT, seems okay, but it's a weak *** year for QB's IMO. Still, I'm in the minority there with those opinions and that's okay.

It doesn't look good, losing a QB this late in the game, but it's expected IMO. You can't show what we've shown on offense, not make a change, and expect to get recruiting results. Why would you come here with Gattis at the helm?

Gators got another AR15 coming in if you ask me. Rashada has an arm, but is a bit lose with the ball.

Advertisement
I told @LeedsCane privately that b4 Jaden even committed to us, he didn’t give me good vibes. The whole recruitment process, he was low key tricky.

The fact that there was a whole video commitment to UF let’s u know he was working behind the scenes for a minute to flip. It felt highest bidder for him & his family. I’m going to assume UF made him an offer he wouldn’t refuse & jumped at it.

I’m not a sour grapes guy, but if there was a flip candidate, it was him. What we (myself & Leeds) thought was if he would choose another program besides us, it would’ve been Ole Miss.

The irony in all of this is, yes, our O sucks, but currently, we have the 39th ranked passing O (shocking, I know). UF is currently ranked 87th. BUT the reason why this seems so far fetched is b/c UF absolutely murders us in “boom” plays. They are 7th in Yards/Completion while we are 89th. If he were to flip to the opps, u would’ve assumed it was FSU being that they have a top tier total offense.

We’ll see moving fwd how our QB board looks, but it’s absolutely imperative we smoke this recruitment; it’s literally the most important position to get right.

Last edited:
I'd be more than happy with Mario just going to the portal for the top QB available for a couple years.

The problem is that if making a business decision, a top QB who has NFL aspirations knows he's not going to maximize his draft status in a Cristobal offense. That's going to cost him millions of dollars. Herbert clearly had the talent of a top pick - of course he wasn't going to get drafted before Burrows but he easily could have been the #2 pick if he'd been in a more explosive offense. In 2022, the #1 pick got a $41 million contract. The #6 pick got a $30 million contract. A top QB isn't going to be swayed by an extra 500k to play in a Cristobal offense, especially when he risks losing out on millions due to being lower in the draft than he'd be in a high scoring explosive offense.

Advertisement
Can’t wait for some on this board to start claiming Emory is better and they’ve liked Emory more throughout the cycle

Emory is better anyway and I liked him throughout the cycle.
See, you didn't have to wait too long. 😉

I actually do like Emory though. And I initially thought he might flip because of Rashada and the QBs we already have. Oh well.

I've heard that recruiting is "fluid," so we shall see how it pans out.

I told @LeedsCane privately that b4 Jaden even committed to us, he didn’t give me good vibes. The whole recruitment process, he was low key tricky.

The fact that there was a whole video commitment to UF lets u know he was working behind the scenes for a minute to flip. It felt highest bidder for him & his family. I’m going to assume UF made him an offer he wouldn’t refuse & jumped at it.

I’m not a sour grapes guy, but if there was a flip candidate, it was him. What we (myself & Leeds) thought was he would choose another program besides us, it would’ve been Ole Miss.

The irony in all of this is, yes, our O sucks, but currently, we have the 39th ranked passing O (shocking, I know). UF is currently ranked 87th. BUT the reason why this seems so far fetched is b/c UF absolutely murders us in “boom” plays. They are 7th in Yards/Completion while we are 89th. If he were to flip to the opps, u would’ve assumed it was FSU being that they have a top tier total offense.

We’ll see moving fwd how our QB board looks, but it’s absolutely imperative we smoke this recruitment; it’s literally the most important position to get right.
After Mcclain UF was desperate and I imagine drastically over paid because they were always the best deal.

Advertisement
Once Mario gets his guys....lol. **** is gonna be bad if/when the oline starts decommiting. Offense is gonna be even worse when the oline is worse then this year even. If people are decommiting because of the OC and not the Coach then better fire him now before the season is over

Advertisement
I’m telling y’all they outbid us to save face.
But not in the way it appears to be framed here. He made the right choice it seems and unfortunately I don’t blame him. As I understand it, they offered more for him than we did originally. Mario literally out-recruited Billy for him back then… and then the season happened… and we reap what we’ve sown from that coRchfest.

We have a head coach who has an ancient offensive philosophy and picked the wrong guy as his OC. QB’s have regressed so he potentially handpicked the wrong QB coach. I can’t know what Ponce can do without the Gattis factor but perception and reality are each awful regarding that position.

Regardless of talent, MTSU is never more talented than us. Neither player nor coach can ever allow that. But it starts and ends with the HC. Like put your guys in a position to win any way you can, not the “I’ll only be happy if you can win my way” CoRch failure ****. Like wtf is that??? All this stuff - It tolls and tolls and all adds up.

I agreed with someone last week after FSU that Gattis needed to go then. The reason I essentially gave is that between the offensive showing, the vitriol he apparently creates with others… he’s only going to damage us at this point. I said let Ponce Finnish the season with the offense he wants to run.

Now what? Are they gonna say Rashada the recruit is part of our ****** culture players - we have some - or is Mario going to have an epiphany and change full on and get into the 2020’s?

I’m so angry about the opportunity blown by coRching arrogance that I’m almost glad this happened. Like I literally hope it’s such a kick in the **** to Mario that he has no possible way to rationalize it away as anything but a result of his failures - as to philosophy, staff, how he hired that staff…. And that real change happens.

Once Mario gets his guys....lol. **** is gonna be bad if/when the oline starts decommiting. Offense is gonna be even worse when the oline is worse then this year even. If people are decommiting because of the OC and not the Coach then better fire him now before the season is over
Should’ve canned him after FSU. The guy is just causing damage and bleeding us.

But not in the way it appears to be framed here. He made the right choice it seems and unfortunately I don’t blame him. As I understand it, they offered more for him than we did originally. Mario literally out-recruited Billy for him back then… and then the season happened… and we reap what we’ve sown from that coRchfest.

We have a head coach who has an ancient offensive philosophy and picked the wrong guy as his OC. QB’s have regressed so he potentially handpicked the wrong QB coach. I can’t know what Ponce can do without the Gattis factor but perception and reality are each awful regarding that position.

Regardless of talent, MTSU is never more talented than us. Neither player nor coach can ever allow that. But it starts and ends with the HC. Like put your guys in a position to win any way you can, not the “I’ll only be happy if you can win my way” CoRch failure ****. Like wtf is that??? All this stuff - It tolls and tolls and all adds up.

I agreed with someone last week after FSU that Gattis needed to go then. The reason I essentially gave is that between the offensive showing, the vitriol he apparently creates with others… he’s only going to damage us at this point. I said let Ponce Finnish the season with the offense he wants to run.

Now what? Are they gonna say Rashada the recruit is part of our ****** culture players - we have some - or is Mario going to have an epiphany and change full on and get into the 2020’s?

I’m so angry about the opportunity blown by coRching arrogance that I’m almost glad this happened. Like I literally hope it’s such a kick in the **** to Mario that he has no possible way to rationalize it away as anything but a result of his failures - as to philosophy, staff, how he hired that staff…. And that real change happens.
No. He was just all about his money. We were always the “best“ offer for him RVA but sometimes people offer **** they can’t turn down. They needed to save face.

Advertisement
Back