Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
He was the director of recruiting for University of Oregon 2020-2021 under Mario. He is now a recruiting analyst for 247, a year after Mario left Oregon.
Hosts a 247 podcast, too. It’s usually USC and SEC blah blah blah.

On Monday, he compared Rashada visiting Miami to Conerly visiting Oregon late. It’s that last visit that is most decisive.

I think the insiders (Cribby and LeedsCane) have made it clear that as long as we match (or come close to matching) what UF was offering, Rashada was in the bag. No questions asked. So sounds like this was all just a formality and ill bet they spent most of their time just shooting the **** once the deal was offered and agreed upon. This was strictly a trip based on talking numbers.

Thats why he came during the week and not for Legends Camp weekend. It wasnt for fun. Business trip. (IMO at least)

I think some on here said that if Rashada commits..they wouldnt be shocked if EWilliams decommits at some point between now and signing day because of a late FSU or UF push. And I agree. I think UF throws the kitchen sink at EW to lure him back and he seriously considers it. Just a guess.

Advertisement
I think the insiders (Cribby and LeedsCane) have made it clear that as long as we match (or come close to matching) what UF was offering, Rashada was in the bag. No questions asked. So sounds like this was all just a formality and ill bet they spent most of their time just shooting the **** once the deal was offered and agreed upon. This was strictly a trip based on talking numbers.

Thats why he came during the week and not for Legends Camp weekend. It wasnt for fun. Business trip. (IMO at least)

I think some on here said that if Rashada commits..they wouldnt be shocked if EWilliams decommits at some point between now and signing day because of a late FSU or UF push. And I agree. I think UF throws the kitchen sink at EW to lure him back and he seriously considers it. Just a guess.
Except he already said he expects another QB to commit and will not decommit because he welcomes the competition

I think this is not realistic. The SemenHoles and Gaytors have made almost no effort to recruit, let along TALK, to Emory. There is no "lure him back" when there was no "lure" in the first place.

And I'm not criticizing your words as much as the SemenHoles/Gaytors inaction. They can try. I just think it would be more likely that a DIFFERENT school that comes in late would have a shot (assuming Emory decommits). The kid is an Elite 11 QB, and depending on how he performs at the final Elite 11 event, there are going to be newly-emerging schools that could make the plausible statement of "hey, kid, we never heard of you before now".

You know, a plausible statement that UiF and F$U cannot possibly make with straight faces.

Advertisement
Except he already said he expects another QB to commit and will not decommit because he welcomes the competition
Yeeeeeeeaaaahhhhh...its June. Hes caught up in the moment..Lets see how he feels come Sept-Oct. Would love to be wrong. But ive seen this movie before.

I think this is not realistic. The SemenHoles and Gaytors have made almost no effort to recruit, let along TALK, to Emory. There is no "lure him back" when there was no "lure" in the first place.

And I'm not criticizing your words as much as the SemenHoles/Gaytors inaction. They can try. I just think it would be more likely that a DIFFERENT school that comes in late would have a shot (assuming Emory decommits). The kid is an Elite 11 QB, and depending on how he performs at the final Elite 11 event, there are going to be newly-emerging schools that could make the plausible statement of "hey, kid, we never heard of you before now".

You know, a plausible statement that UiF and F$U cannot possibly make with straight faces.
I can agree with this. Maybe not FSU or UF. But some other school reaches out and tries to lure him away is absolutely what im expecting. And he would be crazy to not consider it especially if hes the only QB said school would take.

netflix antonio GIF

Advertisement

Personally I think they’d both stick. The staff is probably pitching that TVD is likely gone this year. Garcia is probably the starter but no one knows what he’ll look like against live competition. So theoretically the door is wide open next year. Waiting 1-2 years isn’t going to kill your chances of making the league. Obviously one of them probably transfers eventually but worry about that for another day.

Advertisement
Personally I think they’d both stick. The staff is probably pitching that TVD is likely gone this year. Garcia is probably the starter but no one knows what he’ll look like against live competition. So theoretically the door is wide open next year. Waiting 1-2 years isn’t going to kill your chances of making the league. Obviously one of them probably transfers eventually but worry about that for another day.
Hey I hope im wrong. And im not being a pessimist here either. If this were pre-NIL days..I would absolutely think both stick. But these NIL deals have changed everything. A desperate school drops a big bag on EW and things will change quickly especially if Rashada gets a big bag.

Oh and I get the feeling that Mario let the Gaytes get “the lead” in the recruitment, where you know you’re better than the competition, so you give them some hope of winning only to obliterate them at the end and snatch their soul away for the win.

It makes them feel terrible because they figured out you toyed with them the entire process.

Advertisement
Back