Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

View attachment 190633
Big Eyes Living My Best Life GIF by ALLBLK
All that traveling was why it was hard to find his games from last year.

Advertisement
Anybody trying to say he wouldn’t commit because its a week day visit is full of it. He wasn’t going to visit Miami then commit 2 hours later on a plane back home.

The very fact that he’s visiting means something changed.

I like it because:

We get the last visit
He gets to meet with Kirkland and Mauigoa too
He will get to meet the Legends still if hes here Thursday
He may stay longer since hes announcing via CBS sports and their Station is in SoFla
Staff and Ruiz can focus on him solely, and we can get the number right.

Why I don't like it:

Missing he Legends atmosphere
Mid weeks give me weird feelings
Could be just a bag trip, so could go either way
Could be giving Friday and Saturday for other schools to match Miami

We shall see what we shall see
CBS in soflo? So that means he’ll still be in the area could stop by Saturday for UnOffical

Advertisement
No more useless stat in sports than the mythical "QB wins".
I think it's more or less meaningless in HS & CFB for sure, because of lack of parity. At the NFL, and professional level though it's definitely not. If it was then Brady wouldn't be the unquestioned GOAT. There's a reason why the QB position is regarded as one of the most important & difficult to play in all of sports. It's because the impact the position has on winning is greater than other positions. This is why QB wins matter, and is a relevant metric.

At the HS & CFB levels, the impact that a QB has on winning, can be offset by significant talent advantages at other positions.

Advertisement
Milton isnt SFL its bum**** backwoods north FL.
Wasn't really my point. My point being, bad high school coaches can still have good enough talent that they win despite the coaching and not because of it.

I think it's more or less meaningless in HS & CFB for sure, because of lack of parity. At the NFL, and professional level though it's definitely not. If it was then Brady wouldn't be the unquestioned GOAT. There's a reason why the QB position is regarded as one of the most important & difficult to play in all of sports. It's because the impact the position has on winning is greater than other positions. This is why QB wins matter, and is a relevant metric.

At the HS & CFB levels, the impact that a QB has on winning, can be offset by significant talent advantages at other positions.

It's actually the exact opposite, as @DTP astutely pointed out previously. At the lower levels, it's much easier for extreme talent to impact the game. At the NFL level, QB wins are essentially junk data. Who said Brady is the unquestioned GOAT? ESPN? Peyton Manning was a superior QB, rather significantly in fact, they just had vastly different situations. Which is my entire point. Football is the ultimate team game, especially at that level. And while I do agree it is the most important position in all of sports, you can't impact the game nearly as directly as a player in basketball, or even a pitcher in baseball.

There are infinite examples, but let's just go back a couple months ago in the AFC playoffs.

Josh Allen was 27/37 for 329 yards and 4 TDs. Added 11 carries for 68 yards. No turnovers. 400 yards of offense. 4 touchdowns. Leading rusher for his team by 40 yards, and one of the best passing performances you'll see.

Record in the game: 0-1

QB wins isn't a stat. Especially not in the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@KANE - I was in the middle of giving you an 👀 when you deleted your very gatorish post, so let me give it to ya!!!! 😂😂😂😂

View attachment 190624

Watching Peek-A-Boo GIF by V5MT
I had too much to say in that post and couldn’t get my thoughts together. When I read it, I didn’t like it, and I couldn’t quite get out what I was trying to say, so I deleted it. 😂🤣😂 Gaturdish post… got me over here craccin up. 🤣😂🤣

It's actually the exact opposite, as @DTP astutely pointed out previously. At the lower levels, it's much easier for extreme talent to impact the game. At the NFL level, QB wins are essentially junk data. Who said Brady is the unquestioned GOAT? ESPN? Peyton Manning was a superior QB, rather significantly in fact, they just had vastly different situations. Which is my entire point. Football is the ultimate team game, especially at that level. And while I do agree it is the most important position in all of sports, you can't impact the game nearly as directly as a player in basketball, or even a pitcher in baseball.

There are infinite examples, but let's just go back a couple months ago in the AFC playoffs.

Josh Allen was 27/37 for 329 yards and 4 TDs. Added 11 carries for 68 yards. No turnovers. 400 yards of offense. 4 touchdowns. Leading rusher for his team by 40 yards, and one of the best passing performances you'll see.

Record in the game: 0-1

QB wins isn't a stat. Especially not in the NFL.
I agree with much of what you said. Personally I think QB wins are an imperfect science. I think it is a good indicator of who the QB is. Average QBs aren’t going to have a long track record of winning double digit games. Good QBs aren’t going to have bad records for extended periods. Kirk Cousins is the perfect example of this. He is the average of average. His record is 61-62-2. Over an extended baseline trends will form. I do agree that QB wins can be skewed but it can help complement or hurt a QB’s overall stat line.

I’m terms HS or CFB QB wins are pretty useless. Evidence is UGA last year. I also watched Eric Berry in HS play QB. He dominated a game I watched. Took two punts back, was 100% off the offense and they still lost to a school they should’ve smoked. By in large wins in the lower levels just don’t matter.

Advertisement
Back