Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

1655508087318.png

Advertisement
I need some CIS fact checkers. Did sling blade Billy recruit Taj Boyd to Clemson? My guess would be no. Anyone??

1655508245215.png

Its hard to make sense of what's going on here.

Its been pretty well established that they're bag chasing. We've got our insiders saying that as of right now we haven't made the biggest offer money wise. All the industry insiders (from rivals to 247 to on3) are in agreement and saying the exact same thing: that we're a possibility but not necessarily the likely landing spot.

On the other hand, Mario has kept everything a secret. JR delayed his announcement for a reason and there's a lot of smoke about him using that last visit on Miami. And there's been talk about him not taking the most amount of money if they like the rest of the offer.

If he commits now, then announces again on early signing day, then again on actual signing day, then decides to take it past into the spring like Conerly, I wouldn't exactly die of shock.

Its been pretty well established that they're bag chasing. We've got our insiders saying that as of right now we haven't made the biggest offer money wise. All the industry insiders (from rivals to 247 to on3) are in agreement and saying the exact same thing: that we're a possibility but not necessarily the likely landing spot.

On the other hand, Mario has kept everything a secret. JR delayed his announcement for a reason and there's a lot of smoke about him using that last visit on Miami. And there's been talk about him not taking the most amount of money if they like the rest of the offer.

If he commits now, then announces again on early signing day, then again on actual signing day, then decides to take it past into the spring like Conerly, I wouldn't exactly die of shock.
Except he’s painted himself into a corner by using 4/5 visits. If he shocked if he UOV into the spring.

Kind of off topic but a lot of quarterbacks who put up huge numbers are products of the system they play in. Especially guys at the G5 level who aren't going up against future NFL players on a weekly basis. For example, Armstrong's worst passing game and Leary's second worst game were against a Miami defense that wasn't even good. If you're planning on beating the Clemsons and Alabamas of the world, you can't afford to cheap out on a quarterback. Unless you're Georgia and you have 5 stars at every single position besides QB.
Yes but that’s also bc those teams don’t have talent at the other positions either. You could put Bryce Young behind that FSU line the last few years and he’d probably look like

Georgia just won a championship with the nfl equivalent of Trent Dilfer. Run game, OL and elite defense. There are plenty of QBs around who can win you games. Nobody was scrambling to buy TVD out of HS, but would you not take him over Rattler, Nix, Uiagalelei, Daniels and others who got all the hype then? **** yes. But now he’s a proven commodity. Some said Mahomes was a product of the system too. All I’m saying is college QB talent is plentiful. Plenty of guys can put up video game numbers in college playing alongside other elite players. That doesn’t mean they are NFL talent QBs but they don’t have to be. Plus until the portal changes, guys will trade up for playing time or more cash. As much as guys like Malachi, Nico, Dante and Jaden are the “it” guys right now in NIL recruiting, tomorrow it could be Vandagriff, Nussmeier. Maalik Murphy and Kyle McCord in the portal.

Advertisement

QB's rarely flip. However it happens, unless he commits to the lizards who he clearly doesn’t wanna go to, i expect the school to be the pick.

Advertisement
I need some CIS fact checkers. Did sling blade Billy recruit Taj Boyd to Clemson? My guess would be no. Anyone??

View attachment 189998

So this one is complicated.

During the 2008 year, Gaypier was the TE coach and the Recruiting Coordinator. However, he gave up those roles mid-season in 2008, and became QB coach when WR Coach Dabo Swinney was promoted to Interim Head Coach. From October-ish 2008 until he was fired, Gaypier was the QB coach at Clemson, and he also gained the OC role in early 2009, when Swinney became the permanent full-time Head Coach.

By all accounts, Clemson was NOT in the mix for Tajh Boyd until January 2009 (US Army All American Game), and it was a whirlwind recruitment. The key to Boyd's recruitment, though, was Dabo Swinney and Andre Powell, and NOT Billy Gaypier (see accounts below). Furthermore, the time when Gaypier coached Boyd, Boyd had almost no playing time. Boyd redshirted in 2009 (Gaypier's first full year as QB coach) and Boyd was a 63-pass-attempt backup in 2010 (after which Gaypier was fired).

Anyhow, here is an account of Boyd's recruitment and decision from 2009:

At a 5 PM press conference today, five-star recruit and U.S. Army Bowl MVP Tajh Boyd announced his decision to attend Clemson University—picking the Tigers over Oregon and Ohio State.

A mere month ago, Clemson was not even in the conversation for Boyd, but a strong push by new head coach Dabo Swinney pulled Tajh on board.

His father, Tim Boyd, was quoted recently comparing the three schools, citing the distance to Oregon and the quarterback situation at Ohio State as concerns for Boyd as he settled on Clemson.

Boyd also attributed his decision to an appreciation for the strong Christian values of Swinney.

Clemson has no set QB for the short or long-term, and Boyd will immediately have the opportunity to establish himself as the quarterback of the future at Clemson. Boyd is rated as the No. 4 QB in the country by scout.com, and capped off his senior season with a state title.

Here's another account, and it is CLEAR that the guy who convinced Boyd to visit Clemson was RB/ST coach Andre Powell:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Tajh Boyd walked through the front doors of the Woody Hayes Athletic Center alongside former coach Jim Tressel before pausing for a brief moment to admire the rings and awards of Ohio State’s past champions.

Then Boyd saw the Heisman Trophy won by former Buckeyes quarterback Troy Smith, the player he grew up admiring who also happened to be the primary reason Boyd was so interested in potentially playing for Ohio State.

“Then Coach Tressel was like, ‘You know you could wear No. 10 if you come here,’ ” said Boyd, who is now Clemson’s senior starter at quarterback. “I was like, ‘Oh my God,’ sitting there look at the Heisman and everything. It was a lot for me to take in at that moment. It’s something I’ll never forget.”

It was everything Boyd wanted. He walked through Ohio State’s facilities, he saw up close what the program has accomplished historically and he had the head coach telling him he could be the next the great Buckeyes quarterback.

How does an impressionable high school senior say no to all of that?

He doesn’t.

“It wasn’t official, but (I gave) a real small verbal,” Boyd said. “It was like, ‘Yeah coach, I’m coming.’ ”

That’s why Boyd, who wears No. 10 in honor of Smith, to this day remains the one who got away. A former four-star prospect whom Rivals.com rated the No. 4 quarterback in the 2009 recruiting class, Boyd was all but signed, sealed and delivered to Ohio State.

Then fate stepped in.

While at the 2009 U.S. Army All-American Game, Boyd met Roderick McDowell and sat on the bus with him on the way to a practice. Already committed to Clemson, McDowell, now the starting running back for the Tigers, called assistant coach Andre Powell and told him he was sitting next to Boyd.

We hung up and then Coach Powell called me right back,” McDowell said. “I handed the phone over to Tajh, and they were talking on it for a long time. You could tell they were hitting it off. After a while I was like, ‘Can I get my phone back? I had people I wanted to talk to, too.’ ”

In the span of one phone call, it wasn’t all about Ohio State for Boyd anymore. He set up an official visit to Clemson, one that turned into his final visit before National Signing Day. That was all Clemson needed.

“Honestly, I can probably say this now – whoever I had as my last visit, I probably would have went to, honestly,” said Boyd, who will now finish his Clemson career against the Buckeyes in the Orange Bowl. “I almost went to Kansas State with Bill Synder, I almost went to Michigan, but I don’t think I would have enjoyed that too much – no offense to those guys. It was tough, though.

“Coach Tressel called me probably 12 times after I told everybody I was going to Clemson. I just didn’t pick up, I’m not even going to lie to you. I didn’t know what to say. What do you say? If you’re (reading) this, just know I still have love for you coach.”

It doesn’t matter that Boyd would have come to Ohio State after Terrelle Pryor and before Braxton Miller. There’s still scar tissue that remains in Columbus because Boyd got away, but to Tressel, that’s just part of the game.

Though Boyd was perhaps the most significant recruit to ever be that close to signing with Ohio State before going elsewhere, Tressel understands it doesn’t always work out. Tressel also recruited quarterback Jameis Winston, who despite liking the Buckeyes ultimately signed with Florida State.

“Those are the kinds of kids that are going to be successful in today’s style of play,” Tressel said of Boyd and Winston. “(Former quarterbacks coach Nick) Siciliano identified them as he studied film and decided which ones we would try to get involved with. It’s kind of fun watching those guys.”

For Boyd, his decision wasn’t personal. It was a business decision, and he removed his heart from it and analyzed what he wanted and how his college would fulfill those wants. Ohio State, unlike Clemson at the time, didn't have a direct path toward playing time with Pryor already enrolled in his freshman year and Miller potentially on the way.

“I actually heard about Braxton Miller a lot during my visit,” Boyd said. “They were like, ‘There is this guy that goes to Wayne High School, he’s going to be really good. He is next in line.’ And he’s turned out to be a terrific quarterback.”

So has Boyd. In his career, he has thrown for 11,526 yards and 102 touchdowns, an ACC record. In large part to the quarterback’s play, Clemson has had three consecutive 10-win seasons and the Tigers’ captured their first ACC championship in 20 years.

That’s why it hurts Ohio State so much that he’s still the one who got away.

Advertisement
So this one is complicated.

During the 2008 year, Gaypier was the TE coach and the Recruiting Coordinator. However, he gave up those roles mid-season in 2008, and became QB coach when WR Coach Dabo Swinney was promoted to Interim Head Coach. From October-ish 2008 until he was fired, Gaypier was the QB coach at Clemson, and he also gained the OC role in early 2009, when Swinney became the permanent full-time Head Coach.

By all accounts, Clemson was NOT in the mix for Tajh Boyd until January 2009 (US Army All American Game), and it was a whirlwind recruitment. The key to Boyd's recruitment, though, was Dabo Swinney and Andre Powell, and NOT Billy Gaypier (see accounts below). Furthermore, the time when Gaypier coached Boyd, Boyd had almost no playing time. Boyd redshirted in 2009 (Gaypier's first full year as QB coach) and Boyd was a 63-pass-attempt backup in 2010 (after which Gaypier was fired).

Anyhow, here is an account of Boyd's recruitment and decision from 2009:

At a 5 PM press conference today, five-star recruit and U.S. Army Bowl MVP Tajh Boyd announced his decision to attend Clemson University—picking the Tigers over Oregon and Ohio State.

A mere month ago, Clemson was not even in the conversation for Boyd, but a strong push by new head coach Dabo Swinney pulled Tajh on board.

His father, Tim Boyd, was quoted recently comparing the three schools, citing the distance to Oregon and the quarterback situation at Ohio State as concerns for Boyd as he settled on Clemson.

Boyd also attributed his decision to an appreciation for the strong Christian values of Swinney.

Clemson has no set QB for the short or long-term, and Boyd will immediately have the opportunity to establish himself as the quarterback of the future at Clemson. Boyd is rated as the No. 4 QB in the country by scout.com, and capped off his senior season with a state title.

Here's another account, and it is CLEAR that the guy who convinced Boyd to visit Clemson was RB/ST coach Andre Powell:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Tajh Boyd walked through the front doors of the Woody Hayes Athletic Center alongside former coach Jim Tressel before pausing for a brief moment to admire the rings and awards of Ohio State’s past champions.

Then Boyd saw the Heisman Trophy won by former Buckeyes quarterback Troy Smith, the player he grew up admiring who also happened to be the primary reason Boyd was so interested in potentially playing for Ohio State.

“Then Coach Tressel was like, ‘You know you could wear No. 10 if you come here,’ ” said Boyd, who is now Clemson’s senior starter at quarterback. “I was like, ‘Oh my God,’ sitting there look at the Heisman and everything. It was a lot for me to take in at that moment. It’s something I’ll never forget.”

It was everything Boyd wanted. He walked through Ohio State’s facilities, he saw up close what the program has accomplished historically and he had the head coach telling him he could be the next the great Buckeyes quarterback.

How does an impressionable high school senior say no to all of that?

He doesn’t.

“It wasn’t official, but (I gave) a real small verbal,” Boyd said. “It was like, ‘Yeah coach, I’m coming.’ ”

That’s why Boyd, who wears No. 10 in honor of Smith, to this day remains the one who got away. A former four-star prospect whom Rivals.com rated the No. 4 quarterback in the 2009 recruiting class, Boyd was all but signed, sealed and delivered to Ohio State.

Then fate stepped in.

While at the 2009 U.S. Army All-American Game, Boyd met Roderick McDowell and sat on the bus with him on the way to a practice. Already committed to Clemson, McDowell, now the starting running back for the Tigers, called assistant coach Andre Powell and told him he was sitting next to Boyd.

We hung up and then Coach Powell called me right back,” McDowell said. “I handed the phone over to Tajh, and they were talking on it for a long time. You could tell they were hitting it off. After a while I was like, ‘Can I get my phone back? I had people I wanted to talk to, too.’ ”

In the span of one phone call, it wasn’t all about Ohio State for Boyd anymore. He set up an official visit to Clemson, one that turned into his final visit before National Signing Day. That was all Clemson needed.

“Honestly, I can probably say this now – whoever I had as my last visit, I probably would have went to, honestly,” said Boyd, who will now finish his Clemson career against the Buckeyes in the Orange Bowl. “I almost went to Kansas State with Bill Synder, I almost went to Michigan, but I don’t think I would have enjoyed that too much – no offense to those guys. It was tough, though.

“Coach Tressel called me probably 12 times after I told everybody I was going to Clemson. I just didn’t pick up, I’m not even going to lie to you. I didn’t know what to say. What do you say? If you’re (reading) this, just know I still have love for you coach.”

It doesn’t matter that Boyd would have come to Ohio State after Terrelle Pryor and before Braxton Miller. There’s still scar tissue that remains in Columbus because Boyd got away, but to Tressel, that’s just part of the game.

Though Boyd was perhaps the most significant recruit to ever be that close to signing with Ohio State before going elsewhere, Tressel understands it doesn’t always work out. Tressel also recruited quarterback Jameis Winston, who despite liking the Buckeyes ultimately signed with Florida State.

“Those are the kinds of kids that are going to be successful in today’s style of play,” Tressel said of Boyd and Winston. “(Former quarterbacks coach Nick) Siciliano identified them as he studied film and decided which ones we would try to get involved with. It’s kind of fun watching those guys.”

For Boyd, his decision wasn’t personal. It was a business decision, and he removed his heart from it and analyzed what he wanted and how his college would fulfill those wants. Ohio State, unlike Clemson at the time, didn't have a direct path toward playing time with Pryor already enrolled in his freshman year and Miller potentially on the way.

“I actually heard about Braxton Miller a lot during my visit,” Boyd said. “They were like, ‘There is this guy that goes to Wayne High School, he’s going to be really good. He is next in line.’ And he’s turned out to be a terrific quarterback.”

So has Boyd. In his career, he has thrown for 11,526 yards and 102 touchdowns, an ACC record. In large part to the quarterback’s play, Clemson has had three consecutive 10-win seasons and the Tigers’ captured their first ACC championship in 20 years.

That’s why it hurts Ohio State so much that he’s still the one who got away.
This is some solid research!!!!!! Top stuff, TOC!!

Thank you

I think he whole heartedly doesn’t wanna be a gator but we are just not offering what Florida willing to offer

Mostly agree with the first part (though enough money could overcome his heart issues) and mostly disagree with the second part (not going into details on the differences, but sure, we are not "high bid", but ballpark)...

Advertisement
Nobody was scrambling to buy TVD out of HS, but would you not take him over Rattler, Nix, Uiagalelei, Daniels and others who got all the hype then? **** yes.

I’m not sure where the “TVD wasn’t a big time recruit” narrative started but he was a consensus 4 star player, the #7 pro style passer in the country and had a higher composite score than Jacurri Brown. He wasn’t the level of recruit that Jake Garcia was but he wasn’t some afterthought.

I’m not sure where the “TVD wasn’t a big time recruit” narrative started but he was a consensus 4 star player, the #7 pro style passer in the country and had a higher composite score than Jacurri Brown. He wasn’t the level of recruit that Jake Garcia was but he wasn’t some afterthought.
I said nobody was scrambling to buy him. How is that translated to he wasn't a big time recruit? I was all about TVD when he committed. Go back and check my posts about what i saw on tape between his arm, ball placement, etc. I was a big big fan of his.

The "buyers" in the world - OSU, Bama, UGA, Texas, LSU, SEC Team X, SEC Team Y, etc did not offer him. He had some nice offers but he wouldn't have received these mega deals like kids are this year. He was the 16th rated QB in his class (7th Pro) and outside of Bryce Young and CJ Stroud, he's outplayed the other 13 with ease. Again, that is my point about QBs and this arms race for unproven HS kids.

Advertisement
Back