Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
****ers had a twitter hashtag and all. I remember the pit in my stomach when Jeudy used it.
I remember Jeremiah Holloman using that phrase with Georgia in his commitment video too. Not sure if they copied Bama or the other way around

The other day I drove past the Shirley, MA prison where Hernandez decided to take the easy way out. He could've used a good lawyer.
Theres nothing a good lawyer could have done for him. The good lawyer already prevented him from getting a bigger sentence... But that's beside the point lf the thread.

Advertisement
1655443391399.png

Decision Respected!!

Sounds like there’s a chance hillBilly shows all his cards too early, while the P5 vets know to wait until the 11th hour
^ posted on June 8th in response to a 247 write up from a Texas 8&4 writer.

Again seems as though rookie Billy showed all his cards too early, while those with the better hands just sat back and watched

They are always getting so hyped about the smallest victories where it becomes downright delusion and then, once everything starts to crumble, they fall apart and mope and ***** in ways where even this board has their troubles keeping up.

Advertisement
This is 100% a case of the Rashadas bluff being called. They’re shopping for the best deal hoping the Florida offer would drive up the bidding war but it looks like everyone else has balked. Now they’re stuck with Florida as their top offer and a decision date rapidly approaching. They clearly don’t want to go to Florida so they “push back” the decision date hoping that with a little more time they might be able to get an offer close to what Florida is offering from a school they actually want. We’re already seeing a push back from boosters not willing to overspend. Tennessee skewed the market but it looks like everyone else isn’t willing to drop nearly that amount on a kid who may never even take a snap.

This is 100% a case of the Rashadas bluff being called. They’re shopping for the best deal hoping the Florida offer would drive up the bidding war but it looks like everyone else has balked. Now they’re stuck with Florida as their top offer and a decision date rapidly approaching. They clearly don’t want to go to Florida so they “push back” the decision date hoping that with a little more time they might be able to get an offer close to what Florida is offering from a school they actually want. We’re already seeing a push back from boosters not willing to overspend. Tennessee skewed the market but it looks like everyone else isn’t willing to drop nearly that amount on a kid who may never even take a snap.
The reason for this is the perennial playoff teams don't have too. The overpaying QB market is mostly for teams trying to become relevant. Some schools can use pedigree to sign a top QB and some schools are Florida/Tennessee.

Advertisement

This. Still believe he ends up at Florida. 1.5 million a year for a unproven high school QB is outrageous. Hopefully it bites them and Tennessee in the ***.

I know this is somewhat OT, but does anyone think Tennessee regrets the bag they dropped on Nico, and how it shifted the market?

Doubtful unless Nico doesn’t live up to the hype. Tennessee is desperate to be relevant again. In addition, it’s not like their state is producing high quality talent at an acceptable rate. They’re going to have to spend to get decent players to come from other places.

Advertisement
And to be clear I’m not doubting you or the fsctbyou’re hearing those numbers. I’ve seen them multiple places and from multiple people. I’m just really struggling to see how and why it would balloon from what it was for so long to this.

Because now it's legal. Because now, in certain ways, you can take a deduction for it. So when John Ruiz pays LEGAL money for advertising services, he gets a business deduction, and the "net" impact of the expenditure is only 75% of what it was in cash (since you get an approximate 25% tax benefit of the deduction, 21% fed, and approximately 4% net state tax deduction).

So if you gave ILLICIT money to a kid, say $100K, you had to spend $100K of your own "after tax" money (assuming you didn't have a corporate slush fund to steal from). Meaning, you might have had to EARN $125K to net your way down to $100K, then you couldn't even take a deduction on the $100K. But if you can spend $100K of your CORPORATION'S money, not your own personal money, it only costs the corporation $75K after the income tax deduction.

Does this explain EVERY situation? No. Some of the "rapid" increases in dollar amounts have to do with supply and demand. There is QB scarcity on the supply side (there are not 65 great QBs every year to fill all the P5 rosters), and there is competitive demand between the top schools. The good QBs are not fungible, they are not all the same. If a school really, really, really wants Nico, they have to pay significantly more than others, particularly if you are trying to get a Cali kid to move to Knoxville (which is not a terrible city, it's just very different culturally).

I know this is somewhat OT, but does anyone think Tennessee regrets the bag they dropped on Nico, and how it shifted the market?

Doubt it. This is their proverbial hail mary. If he and Heupel flop, oh well, they won't do that again (probably). But if Nico takes off (he's a generational talent), they'll be good.

They're basically putting their eggs in a kid who is a generational talent. Not a bad risk for a program that's been mired in mediocrity for the last 15-20 years.

Doubtful unless Nico doesn’t live up to the hype. Tennessee is desperate to be relevant again. In addition, it’s not like their state is producing high quality talent at an acceptable rate. They’re going to have to spend to get decent players to come from other places.
It will be a problem, players speak. The players on the team may say, wait a minute,this rookie got what, and we getn what?!!! Especially if Nico either doesn't play or sucks.

No, not yet at least. Let’s see where their class ends up and then how they do 2-3 years down the road. If they pull a good class and can at least make it competitive with uga in the East, they’ll consider it a success and will rinse and repeat. If he busts then they started a horrible trend (which we would have got there eventually IMO but they were first so they get credit).

Right now they are forcing these collectives to overspend which in theory weakens their enemies.

This will be exhibit A when evaluating NIL in the next few years.

Advertisement
Back