Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

What happens if a 5 star "can't miss" HS recruit gets a huge payout and then turns into a Lingard or a Kyle Wright. The most "pis**d off" person would seem to me to be the employee who paid out the money; and, gets stuck with a commodity that is no help in marketing his product at all.

Fan base is also gonna be much more resentful to such an unfortunate player and who knows where that might lead. Lotta new pressure all around.
This is one of the many reasons why I say the Nil is a runaway freightliner heading towards a brick wall.

Advertisement
The vibe I get ( just my opinion) is some bluffs were called. I don’t think they want to be there but it’s the best deal. Ironically the Gators are overpaying to get him . I say ironically because Gatuh was wrongly saying that about Miami with Jackson. Oregon not being in the top five makes me feel like my vibe makes sense.

Cribby caught a vibe.

Advertisement
I've said it a few times here (and been rebuffed!), that if I were the Rashdas, and I knew where I wanted to go (program, academics, location, etc.) or at least knew who the real finalists were, I'd play it exactly how the family and kid have played it. If you want to get top NIL dollars where you go, you absolutely have to make everyone think that money is the difference-maker, and do everything you can to make sure no one thinks otherwise. If a school knows they have you, you lose leverage.

I'll say it again, why go to your #1 school for $300k when you can go to your #1 school and get $1M+? Especially as NFL $ is far from guaranteed. A lot of top kids don't pan out or get hurt. This is possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity to create an incredible honey pot to start out life with.

I felt like what I was proposing was a possibility. After the family blinked today? I think it's even more likely. I think the Rashadas have played this really, really well. Respect. I also think Miami may have possibly played it even better. The next two week will be fun.

Jaden’s father is a shrewd negotiator and it has rubbed people wrong. But he has to be shrewd. He is playing the game against millionaires and billionaires. In such a new market, there is no way to know your true value without playing hard and being patient. I would love to get this kid on the cheap, but for my kid and my family, we gone do like my granny used to say and get the goody out it.

When my son becomes a five star recruit, y’all gone HATE me. I’m gonna play it raw just like this.

Now that I have some beers in my hands, about to head into Gator Tears…..

stretching GIF

Stretching Daniel Cormier GIF by UFC

Advertisement
This is one of the many reasons why I say the Nil is a runaway freightliner heading towards a brick wall.
It’s already looking to happen… remember Quinn Ewers getting a Mill from OSU boosters and then leaving the next year…. Let him flame out at Texas next…

The best thing sadly is for this to blow up and burn some folks out there and settle the market down. Right now you have teams and boosters who are blowing their load trying to compete and win which I don’t blame them after feeling left behind with Bama, Jawja, and the bucknuts of the world taking who they pleased

Advertisement
What happens if a 5 star "can't miss" HS recruit gets a huge payout and then turns into a Lingard or a Kyle Wright. The most "pis**d off" person would seem to me to be the employee who paid out the money; and, gets stuck with a commodity that is no help in marketing his product at all.

Fan base is also gonna be much more resentful to such an unfortunate player and who knows where that might lead. Lotta new pressure all around.
Monitor clemson when dj gets benched for klubnik

Advertisement
Monitor clemson when dj gets benched for klubnik
Yeah, I told @LeedsCane earlier today what I had picked up on the Swampa$$ 247 site about a potential flip candidate, and that's who I think the MV is.

But if there's another condition too, I'm all ears.

Is that his brother the #1 DE? Doesn’t seem like that kid is a lock either for Clemson so I’m sure the family isn’t exactly thrilled. DJ to Oregon?

Is that his brother the #1 DE? Doesn’t seem like that kid is a lock either for Clemson so I’m sure the family isn’t exactly thrilled. DJ to Oregon?
Yeah I think it was El who alluded to Dabo not wanting to deal with the dad anymore, therefore they aren't actively recruiting

Nope. At least, that's not who I'm referring to. I mentioned the guy (somewhere else on the board) that I think might-could flip to Miami if Rashada comes too.

Advertisement
Back