Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
I said we never stopped talking to him so that alone means it’s not dead. I also said I expect him to push it back so that’s a positive. Miami still isn’t the best offer but now there’s more time for them to decide if they want to jump all the way back in. I will say UF’s offer is closer to 1.5 than 1.
1.5 total or per year?

The fact that his dad has essentially pimped him out to the highest bidder this entire process AND YET he's still not ready to take the better offer between us and the gator tells me all I need to know about where he really prefers to be.

I've said it a few times here (and been rebuffed!), that if I were the Rashdas, and I knew where I wanted to go (program, academics, location, etc.) or at least knew who the real finalists were, I'd play it exactly how the family and kid have played it. If you want to get top NIL dollars where you go, you absolutely have to make everyone think that money is the difference-maker, and do everything you can to make sure no one thinks otherwise. If a school knows they have you, you lose leverage.

I'll say it again, why go to your #1 school for $300k when you can go to your #1 school and get $1M+? Especially as NFL $ is far from guaranteed. A lot of top kids don't pan out or get hurt. This is possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity to create an incredible honey pot to start out life with.

I felt like what I was proposing was a possibility. After the family blinked today? I think it's even more likely. I think the Rashadas have played this really, really well. Respect. I also think Miami may have possibly played it even better. The next two week will be fun.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Right. $1.5 mil? Man these jits sumn else but I can’t blame em if someone is willing to pay it
May be a little less but it’s in that neighborhood. The thing I can’t wrap my mind around is if you model this out into perpetuity, it’s just impossible to sustain unless you got that Saudi oil money.

Florida has always had deep pockets it’s just a matter of them going all in on a coach. I posted a couple months ago UF was working on some Nil stuff too.
I got that loud and clear, just the 2x caught my attention. I figured everyone knew that UF isn’t poor. So when someone says they have 2x what they though, it caught my attention.

Advertisement
What happens if a 5 star "can't miss" HS recruit gets a huge payout and then turns into a Lingard or a Kyle Wright. The most "pis**d off" person would seem to me to be the employee who paid out the money; and, gets stuck with a commodity that is no help in marketing his product at all.

Fan base is also gonna be much more resentful to such an unfortunate player and who knows where that might lead. Lotta new pressure all around.

There’s a key part of the deal that has to be involved. If that’s there I could see them taking a little less for the best spot.
Key part? Hope it’s not some guaranteed starting spot…. Which I know Mario would never do

Advertisement
What happens if a 5 star "can't miss" HS recruit gets a huge payout and then turns into a Lingard or a Kyle Wright. The most "pis**d off" person would seem to me to be the employee who paid out the money; and, gets stuck with a commodity that is no help in marketing his product at all.

Fan base is also gonna be much more resentful to such an unfortunate player and who knows where that might lead. Lotta new pressure all around.
Thats shortsighted. Signing the 5 star can't miss player will undoubtedly strengthen the overall class. Like it or not elite players want to play together. Signing a high profile QB will attract dogs.

Advertisement
Back