Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Agreed we have room for error to fvck up there. My thinking though is, it’s hard enough to get ahead of the chains in roster building, when you are ahead at the the premier position in the game, you gotta stay ahead. You go for greatness, you are no longer looking to get a great starter, you are looking for a program changer. I am fully cognizant there are multiple ways to skin a cat but I have PTSD from the strategy of saving anything for a later time when it comes to recruiting.
I feel you man. To me, this is about asset allocation and confidence in your craft. UM is operating like an NFL franchise. Now I understand there are differences, but Mario is very confident in the qb room as currently constructed and his staff's ability to develop talent. As such, the assets are being allocated, hopefully, to areas of immediate need. Time will tell whether how this all works out.

Advertisement
We invested in Mario, so gotta trust the process but time and time again, we have learned that the easiest route to success in CFB is a QB. ****, Mario’s best year was because he had a game changer at QB. He is going the UGA, early Bama and LSU route. It’s a tougher route IMHO but let the man do his thing.
Gotta have both a QB and an OL. Herbert played with NFL guys protecting his ***.

Agreed we have room for error to fvck up there. My thinking though is, it’s hard enough to get ahead of the chains in roster building, when you are ahead at the the premier position in the game, you gotta stay ahead. You go for greatness, you are no longer looking to get a great starter, you are looking for a program changer. I am fully cognizant there are multiple ways to skin a cat but I have PTSD from the strategy of saving anything for a later time when it comes to recruiting.

Rashada is a good quarterback, but he ain’t Cam Newton.

That is the level of talent we should consider breaking the budget for.

If we don’t start signing large numbers of certified trench bullies, only a generational talent can make us competitive with the elite teams in the playoffs. I don’t see that with Rashada.

If we are serious about contending, we need elite linemen.Quarterback is all about getting the RIGHT guy. Moore or Williams could be it.

In saying all this, I do not believe we are out of it for Rashada. Keep communication open and don’t drive up the price unnecessarily. Make an offer to match in the eleventh hour and see what happens. I like that Miami and A&M are lurking but not panicking and driving up the price prematurely. It shows there are savvy business people navigating the process.

Nothing like that. People have theories and made this way more than what it is. As I’ve said “ this isn’t a recruitment it‘s a negotiation”.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

We invested in Mario, so gotta trust the process but time and time again, we have learned that the easiest route to success in CFB is a QB. ****, Mario’s best year was because he had a game changer at QB. He is going the UGA, early Bama and LSU route. It’s a tougher route IMHO but let the man do his thing.

He’s walking into a good situation with QB right now. He sees the priority is building the lines right now. If we can run the ball just 50% better than we did last year and Van Dyke having a little more protection then it can be a huge year.

You’d get 24 QBs seeing what they’ll have protecting them and the weapons on the perimeter

Advertisement
I don't have strong feelings about this particular kid, and yes we have a good-looking QB room right now, but here's the thing. If you want to be great, you don't take any time off. You don't sit back and say "let's just skip QB this year, we're good". You just don't do that sh*t. Ever.

So to all you saying no big deal if we get him or not, think again. What makes saban the savage he is is that he cares about every single thing all the f*cking time. So if you are advocating anything less than that, you can f*ck off back to loser-land. Yeah, we'll miss on some, but you bleed yourself dry to get every single recruit you want. If Mario wants this kid, we better f*cking get him or somebody of his caliber every **** year.

I don't have strong feelings about this particular kid, and yes we have a good-looking QB room right now, but here's the thing. If you want to be great, you don't take any time off. You don't sit back and say "let's just skip QB this year, we're good". You just don't do that sh*t. Ever.

So to all you saying no big deal if we get him or not, think again. What makes saban the savage he is is that he cares about every single thing all the f*cking time. So if you are advocating anything less than that, you can f*ck off back to loser-land. Yeah, we'll miss on some, but you bleed yourself dry to get every single recruit you want. If Mario wants this kid, we better f*cking get him or somebody of his caliber every **** year.
I’m not being paid, so it’s not that big of a deal to me. Mario will do what he need to.

Advertisement
I don’t think we will miss on one next cycle but the #1 rule in recruiting is never count on a kid in the following class using that to justify not taking a stud in the current class. Not at all saying that is what we are doing here in this specific situation, but just saying that’s a no no.
It seems some have jumped to that conclusion.

Rashada is a good prospect, but not a can't-miss. Thats just how it is. He is not what a Lawrence or a Vandagriff or a Bryce Young was. Maybe he will turn it up in his senior season, but for now, he isn't and that's likely why the team rather goes for the cheaper option in Williams, who is not as gifted, but certainly good enough.

This wont satisfy fans, but we have two highly recruited backup QBs waiting to get their chance. The position is fine.

Advertisement
Rashada is a good prospect, but not a can't-miss. Thats just how it is. He is not what a Lawrence or a Vandagriff or a Bryce Young was. Maybe he will turn it up in his senior season, but for now, he isn't and that's likely why the team rather goes for the cheaper option in Williams, who is not as gifted, but certainly good enough.

This wont satisfy fans, but we have two highly recruited backup QBs waiting to get their chance. The position is fine.

No. No no no no no no no.

You have to recruit a pretty **** good QB every single year. Every year. Statistically speaking, some of those blue chip QBs will bust. They just do. It's the Alan Hall Effect.

Recruit a blue chip QB every year. Every. Single. Year.

Advertisement
No. No no no no no no no.

You have to recruit a pretty **** good QB every single year. Every year. Statistically speaking, some of those blue chip QBs will bust. They just do. It's the Alan Hall Effect.

Recruit a blue chip QB every year. Every. Single. Year.
Well, they worked out Emory to the point where they might actually see him as that kind of prospect.

The position is still fine right now from a talent level and adding Emory won't change much about that.

losing him to Florida makes this a major loss. If he goes anywhere but Florida it’s not as big of a loss. You can’t let a 5 star qb go to your in state rival… especially when he plays with the immortals. And their recruiting class is on life support with this new staff. This likely changes that in a big way if he chooses UF this weekend

Well, they worked out Emory to the point where they might actually see him as that kind of prospect.

The position is still fine right now from a talent level and adding Emory won't change much about that.

And if Emory gets a 4th star, he will officially be a blue chip recruit.

But this nonsense about "we're set at QB" has to stop (and I'm not just talking about you, I've seen that stated by way too many posters). It's the wrong approach to justifying what is going on with recruiting.

Recruit the best possible QB you can get, every single year. Period.

I understand that we are not as desperate as Florida is, but that doesn't mean we should take our foot off the Gaytor throat.

1655206838373.png

Advertisement
Back