Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Agree, but in this new day and age, the portal is helped by NIL. Put a good enough package together and have a likely starting spot, the sky is the limit. Money and the shot to showcase your talent for the next level are the name of the game.
I get that. We’ll need to see how this NIL plays out. If the two Leeds says become available, they’re going to attract a lot of attention ($$$). And they’ll most likely be in the minority

Advertisement
Have it on pretty good authority that at least one of Carson Beck, Gunner Stockton and Brock Vandagriff will be available next Spring and the latter two are anything but game managers.
What strategy do you think staff will lean on more? High school QB recruit or transfer?

I would rather get a big time HS recruit this cycle instead of a transfer given what we have in the room.

He’d have to be slinging it like Trevor Lawrence from day 1. It’s not going to happen. By the time he gets on campus Garcia will have. 2 year head start.

There is a reason some of you were prematurely crowning him after last years spring camp. He’s good.
I’m a big fan of Garcia and Brown. I agree it’s unlikely but the two scenarios Krazy posted are not the only way he can get on the field. Speaking of Lawrence, he miss a game due to Covid and highly touted 5 star DJ who the fans were also high on replaced him. Not in a spring game but in a primetime top 5 matchup.

DJ did not disappoint becoming only the 5th Clemson QB to pass for over 400 yards breaking Watson freshman record. They lost the game in double overtime but their fans and pundits alike all declared that Clemson wasn’t going to miss a beat when he took over the following year. As you know it didn’t play out like that and now most of this board thinks Clemson will suck if he’s their QB.

Point is we can all speculate who will be the QB and lead this team after TVD is gone but we don’t know until they all get on the practice field, compete and win the job. Even then there’s no guarantees. Best option is to bring in as much competition as possible and stack the room.

What matters is if he OV’s. If he OV’s - after the gaytor visit - as I’ve been saying, then it’s Shawshank Redemption time…

F7BB6FDC-BED9-4086-B55F-9F8EC168075B.gif

Advertisement
I’m a big fan of Garcia and Brown. I agree it’s unlikely but the two scenarios Krazy posted are not the only way he can get on the field. Speaking of Lawrence, he miss a game due to Covid and highly touted 5 star DJ who the fans were also high on replaced him. Not in a spring game but in a primetime top 5 matchup.

DJ did not disappoint becoming only the 5th Clemson QB to pass for over 400 yards breaking Watson freshman record. They lost the game in double overtime but their fans and pundits alike all declared that Clemson wasn’t going to miss a beat when he took over the following year. As you know it didn’t play out like that and now most of this board thinks Clemson will suck if he’s their QB.

Point is we can all speculate who will be the QB and lead this team after TVD is gone but we don’t know until they all get on the practice field, compete and win the job. Even then there’s no guarantees. Best option is to bring in as much competition as possible and stack the room.
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

STACK.

THEM.

CHIPS.

What strategy do you think staff will lean on more? High school QB recruit or transfer?

I would rather get a big time HS recruit this cycle instead of a transfer given what we have in the room.
Well, for 24 we have three high 4 or 5 star QBs who are likely to end up with Miami in their top 2-3 so it’s difficult for me to say that we should go for a big time HS recruit over a transfer but obviously the idea here is IF we improbably miss on Jaden, Dante AND Emory? The portal will be kind as a backup, which we shouldn’t need. The point here was simply that the portal is always there and the QB market this Spring will be intriguing given the names that will likely be in there.

Just to be clear we don’t have some endless amount of money to just overspend like a drunken sailor, spending just to spend. We’re in a much better spot than before but we aren’t getting down like ya think. There’s always a breaking point.

Just saying.
I hope this doesn't apply to DL we can maybe go cheap on one but not both.

Advertisement
Yes but I don’t see a true freshman being able to do that competing against Garcia and Brown. I also think Jacurri Brown is a physical freak that will be hard to keep off the field after this season.
I also think Jacurri Brown would have to have a miracle involving his technique to beat him or Dante Moore out in a 1 v. 1 battle but I’ve actually seen him throw and you like posting stupid ****.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My impeccable QB evaluation skills say the Gaturds want Rashada so he’s the favorite for me but Moore would be awesome

Point well taken….I defer to your evaluation skills.

Not sure I have enough containers to keep New Orleans from flooding from all the tears though unless I get them to turn the pumps on early….😜

Advertisement
Yeah there’s nothing “high end” about Gainesville. It’s your generic college town full of chain restaurants and hotels. Once you get a few miles from campus, it’s rural. Literally farms. My uncle had a house on lake Santa Fe a while back and it was nice for boating, fishing, skiing, that sort of thing but you had to bring your own party. There’s no nightlife or really things to do besides hitting up the local flea market. Most of the residents outside of the students and employees of the school are either retired folk or country bumpkins
....and a large portion employed at one of the numerous nearby State Prisons....

Advertisement
Back