Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

From Steve Wiltfong's conversation with Harlan Rashada:

“I think he has some great options, and it’s a really big decision to make with some really good opportunities for him,” Rashada’s father Harlen said.

Rashada was one of the first prospects to emerge nationally in the 2023 class, going through the process for his entire high school career.

“I think he’s to the point right now, he’s comfortable,” the elder Rashada said. “Especially with that last run he made with all the options he has. It seems like he’s on track but I tell him all the time if you need more time take it. But I don’t think that’s the case. I think he’s really ready to find a home and help build a recruiting class.”

Rashada has recently been to Miami and Oregon as well and he knows what he’s looking for in a school.

“An opportunity to be around good people,” his father said. “He values good people and he values development. All those other things take care of themselves.

“We’ll see how it shakes out.”

He goes on to talk about each of the schools associated with Rashada's recruitment.

It this was based solely on being around good people, he never picks the Gaytors and he definitely selects Miami.

Advertisement
Well that about settles it, time to move on
It’s not dead ,Miami is just getting close to having to make a decision. UF , Miami and Oregon are the three I‘ve heard the most about. With Gatuh gaining steam. A&M seems to be just hovering around waiting, I’m not sure what their qb board is but that’s the vibe I get.

It’s not dead ,Miami is just getting close to having to make a decision. UF , Miami and Oregon are the three I‘ve heard the most about. With Gatuh gaining steam. A&M seems to be just hovering around waiting, I’m not sure what their qb board is but that’s the vibe I get.
What's the word on Moore, and how does Emory fits into all of it? Im weary of the Rashada saga with the Portal wouldn't that be the guy who leaves like Ewers did at Ohio St last season even if he signs with us outa high school

If Mario decides to pull out I hope he at least drives the price up enough to suck every nickel out of the Gatuhs..........

I just don’t see it with Williams. Yes he does some nice things with check downs and decision making. Can’t say he doesn’t know how to throw and he’s very accurate.
He may very well turn out to be the best of all 3 in the end because no one knows how someone will develop. He definitely has the tools.
But right now there is no way that he’s better than the other 2 dudes or in the same level. They real issue with elite prospects lies in their ability to adapt to the next level. No one can predict that with the exception of a few players

We’ve all seen too many players that dck around with their recruitment not pan out and that worries me when it comes to Rashada. After all, it’s a leadership position and everyone is watching what he’s doing. But with NIL money I can’t start playing the moral authority.

My personal non insider track on all of this is that Rashada at some point let Mario know he was a cane. There is no way that all these players have come on campus and all of them have told Mario “we’re still looking”. Someone absolutely has already popped. Not saying they will stick cause a silent commit isn’t a signed letter. But there has to be a few and it wouldn’t surprise me if Rashada is or was already one of them. Mario Cristobal is a recruiting vet and isn’t gonna take any high profile commit while they still have a bunch of frontrunner visits.

Moore is a **** stud too and cant understand why dudes in here aren’t higher on him.

Either way, I think any of those 3 wont be a recruiting mistake even if they don’t pan out. Right now they all make sense for one reason or another. They all have enough and our room is healthy enough to say they’re a take.
If they don’t pan out and the other is a stud we will have your usual “I told you so threads” and that’s perfectly fine.

From some accounts Williams has been given the green light and for whatever reason hasn’t popped. So it’s either fake news on his green light or he’s just waiting for the right offer from the right school just like Pyburn was. Panhandle kids from panhandle families have a south Florida allergy unless there is a playoff with a U on it.

Great post.

Way to bring common sense to the equation.

These kids are excellent prospects as pocket passers, but there are concerns with each.

Rashada has the most explosive upside. The thing with him is when you take away the downfield throws, he scrambles. He got away with letting receivers come open deep. Can he speed up his clock for college? His completion percentage concerns me. Even if his intermediate game doesn’t improve, he can throw for HUGE YARDAGE at 57-61%. Get that up and he can be an even bigger problem for defenses.

Moore is my favorite. A high accuracy ball distributor that sees the entire field. Has anticipation that takes pressure off his arm strength concerns. I think he is the surest bet of the three. Comparing him and Rashada, you see why teams miss great quarterbacks chasing the strong arm the way they have done for so long. There is a big difference in their consistency right now. Rashada will hit long touchdowns, but I believe Moore would convert more critical situations without a big drop off on yardage.

Williams has really good pocket passer tools. Accuracy and processing that usually makes great college quarterbacks. Improve his mechanics and grow as an athlete and he can be an all conference player. He isn’t an improviser but his command of the pocket is a rare skill.

I will be following all of their careers closely. It really is a fascinating situation.

Advertisement
In that case, if not Miami...Let’s go Ducks!!

Advertisement
For optics, for recruit extra excitement about where Miami is headed as a program and to nail in these receivers we are after, we need to pull this kid. I am sorry. Just the way I feel.
I don’t want to hear anyone complaining if UF gets Rashada and then they gain traction with high-caliber WRs, who may or may not be our targets.

Great players want to play with great QBs. Rashada fits that mold, Emory (quite frankly) doesn’t right now.

Hope we turn the heat up on Moore.

I don’t want to hear anyone complaining if UF gets Rashada and then they gain traction with high-caliber WRs, who may or may not be our targets.

Great players want to play with great QBs. Rashada fits that mold, Emory (quite frankly) doesn’t right now.

Hope we turn the heat up on Moore.
Well start getting ready because UF is in the driver's seat with him.

Advertisement
Walnut Creek is high end. Never been to Gatorville so I also would guess it’s a stretch to compare it to Wallball Creek.

Walnut Creek; they have a shopping area designed off schematics from Paris’ shopping district. Walnut Creek was my territory when working up North, many clients there….I’ve yet to see Exhibits A or B roaming the streets of Walnut Creek.

Attachments

• 60042AE6-B143-4DDE-B1BA-24D06CC3FE6E.jpeg
    60042AE6-B143-4DDE-B1BA-24D06CC3FE6E.jpeg
    952.2 KB · Views: 11
  • C5162791-65D9-4ED3-B7CA-264635D70EA4.jpeg
    C5162791-65D9-4ED3-B7CA-264635D70EA4.jpeg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 11
Just to be clear we don’t have some endless amount of money to just overspend like a drunken sailor, spending just to spend. We’re in a much better spot than before but we aren’t getting down like ya think. There’s always a breaking point.

Just saying.

Well if that’s the case it’s time to reset expectations around here and all that “compete with Bama” and “CFP” talk should stop immediately.

Advertisement
Yeah there’s nothing “high end” about Gainesville. It’s your generic college town full of chain restaurants and hotels. Once you get a few miles from campus, it’s rural. Literally farms. My uncle had a house on lake Santa Fe a while back and it was nice for boating, fishing, skiing, that sort of thing but you had to bring your own party. There’s no nightlife or really things to do besides hitting up the local flea market. Most of the residents outside of the students and employees of the school are either retired folk or country bumpkins

Advertisement
Back