Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
If you’re a borderline 5 star quarterback, the depth chart anywhere shouldn’t scare you. Jake Garcia wasn’t scared off by TVD. Jacurri Brown wasn’t scared off by Garcia. You either have the mindset that you’re going to beat everyone else or you’re not a quarterback I want on my team. A guy who picks a school based on the easiest path to a starting job is a red flag to me
Yeah, he’d belong on a team with a similar mindset - like the gaytors precisely - whose fans think that’s how a winning QB thinks.

This is all way too hush hush on Miami’s end.

Time to maximize Gator tears, I think he’s ours.

Something I echoed a few weeks ago on a thread. Since Mario has arrived and taken over things are tight and don’t leak out of the Gables which I like.

Mario gets him and people will point to the NiL and Ruiz but Mario has been on him since his time at Oregon. Mario can recruit we know that

From Chad Simmons, ON3:

The buzz: Jaden Rashada showed up on day two after taking back-to-back-to-back official visits. And his performance was impressive. OK, back to recruiting. The On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine favors Florida, and the Gators are in this, but a source told me Thursday night that Miami is one to watch. This is the second source in recent days telling me to keep an eye on the Hurricanes. The decision date is a week away, on June 18, and there could still be one last visit before then. Miami is the school I am hearing about with Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, and Texas A&M still in the conversation.

👀

Advertisement
Crazy as it might sound, I just don’t know about this ON3 story. It sounds good but those guys haven’t had anything positive to say about Miami and Rashada; in fact, they never mention them at all. It’s been all SEC. Maybe I’m overthinking this but I wonder if this is just to drum up clicks and board battles between UF and Miami. And if UF DOES end up with him make it look like Mario got beat by Gator Billy. Or is CIS paranoia hitting me??? B

Crazy as it might sound, I just don’t know about this ON3 story. It sounds good but those guys haven’t had anything positive to say about Miami and Rashada; in fact, they never mention them at all. It’s been all SEC. Maybe I’m overthinking this but I wonder if this is just to drum up clicks and board battles between UF and Miami. And if UF DOES end up with him make it look like Mario got beat by Gator Billy. Or is CIS paranoia hitting me??? B

If you're trying to drum up clicks you don't do it by mentioning Miami lol.

Last edited:
Pay the man
This is a complicated salary management problem, imo. Its not just what you pay him, but also what else you need to give Garcia after the market reset.

The 2nd order impact is why I think we should pay the man. Getting an Elite 5* QB will make it easier to actually land our other targets at market rates, not just recruits - transfers & retention too. I'm not sure it gives a "discount", but not needing to overpay for other high end talent is absolutely a mitigating consideration.

Advertisement
This is a complicated salary management problem, imo. Its not just what you pay him, but also what else you need to give Garcia after the market reset.

The 2nd order impact is why I think we should pay the man. Getting an Elite 5* QB will make it easier to actually land our other targets at market rates, not just recruits - transfers & retention too. I'm not sure it gives a "discount", but not needing to overpay for other high end talent is absolutely a mitigating consideration.
I mean yea or just worry about keeping ****** happy after we start winning. If Jake got everybody at the Hecht shook he might leave then he probably not the guy. Signing an elite level QB has the most all around benefit.

If you’re a borderline 5 star quarterback, the depth chart anywhere shouldn’t scare you. Jake Garcia wasn’t scared off by TVD. Jacurri Brown wasn’t scared off by Garcia. You either have the mindset that you’re going to beat everyone else or you’re not a quarterback I want on my team. A guy who picks a school based on the easiest path to a starting job is a red flag to me
THIS x10000000000000

Maybe I’m reading too much into it… but did he really go through his list and talk about what it would be like “living there”?

Not sure I’ve ever seen that line of thinking so straightforward in an interview but it undeniably favors the Miami Hurricanes as a kid from Cali

Advertisement

I would say unlike sites that are team specific where they can add that twist of homer in their articles ON3 is fairly new and national. The last thing you want to be in journalism is last and wrong

Advertisement
Then you’ve never seen actual live footage on his arm. Literally a couple days ago I saw a video on instagram of him at a 7 v. 7 tournament, he threw a ball to the side line, and as the ball got closer you could here the zip on the football. He isn’t Josh Allen but he’s got a strong *** arm.
The info we need. (I also was unsure of his arm so this helps)

Hard to get a read on this whole situation. I wonder what JADEN wants? What does the family (father) want? Is that the same thing?
I’ve said this in the past, could be two different things. His decision feels rushed to make a commitment on his dad birthday.

Advertisement
Back