Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
From an ON3 interview last night:

Rashada said he went to these schools because he need to get more information about all of those schools.

He left Texas A&M thinking that he could live at the school.

“They got something pretty good going up there, got a good relationship with Coach Fisher and coach ****ey,” Rashada said. “I could see myself living there and playing for the coaches. That’s really important and I saw that.”

At LSU, he felt similarly about the area and the school.

“They had a good impression on my family — the hospitality, the area,” Rashada said. “We talked a whole lot of football.”

“It’s not a bad place to live,” he added after his second visit.

He said the Gators staff, who he described as genuine, were pushing really hard about the opportunity to be a part of something. They’re pretty genuine over there.”

“They’re just saying, they’re trying to get something going and they need a triggerman after (Anthony Richardson),” he said. “It was more football (talk) to see if I can see myself in these offenses, these schools.”

Rashada knows what to expect from Ole Miss and his brother, Roman Rashada, committed to the school last Sunday.

“They don’t really got a pitch nothing,” Rashada said. “It’s like family up there.” Great place to be, my brother is up there.”

“I guess it helps, but we’ll also both do what’s best for us,” he added on his brother’s pledge. “But it does help.”

Miami remains in the mix after hosting Rashada this spring. The Canes could get a visit from the West Coast passer as early as this week.

“I can have a huge impact up there,” Rashada said. “Miami is a lot like California, so it’s not much of a difference living there.”

Rashada’s recruitment is a close contest, according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine. Florida is the current favorite at just 26.6% with Oregon right behind at 22.6% and Texas A&M at 19.4%. Miami also has a 15.1% chance.

+ Jaden Rashada arrived after a whirlwind tour of official visits. It took the On300 quarterback a bit to settle in, but we saw him make some impressive throws over the course of the night. Rashada has an effortless arm with the ability to drive the ball downfield with little strain. He had one of the throws of the day, dropping a beautiful deep ball in a bucket to Miami athlete commit Robby Washington.

From Chad Simmons, ON3:

The buzz: Jaden Rashada showed up on day two after taking back-to-back-to-back official visits. And his performance was impressive. OK, back to recruiting. The On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine favors Florida, and the Gators are in this, but a source told me Thursday night that Miami is one to watch. This is the second source in recent days telling me to keep an eye on the Hurricanes. The decision date is a week away, on June 18, and there could still be one last visit before then. Miami is the school I am hearing about with Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, and Texas A&M still in the conversation.

Advertisement
From Chad Simmons, ON3:

The buzz: Jaden Rashada showed up on day two after taking back-to-back-to-back official visits. And his performance was impressive. OK, back to recruiting. The On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine favors Florida, and the Gators are in this, but a source told me Thursday night that Miami is one to watch. This is the second source in recent days telling me to keep an eye on the Hurricanes. The decision date is a week away, on June 18, and there could still be one last visit before then. Miami is the school I am hearing about with Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, and Texas A&M still in the conversation.
👀 tears on deck ?

From Chad Simmons, ON3:

@LeedsCane look at this lol

From Chad Simmons, ON3:

I want to believe...I do. But...on3 just trying to get some clicks from UM fans for once?

Advertisement
From Chad Simmons, ON3:

Wild if true!!!

Advertisement
This is all way too hush hush on Miami’s end.

Time to maximize Gator tears, I think he’s ours.
Agree. This would shakeup so much going forward if we pull this kid after the national consensus basically wrote us off the entire time. This is starting to resemble the Citizen close where we never had any real read on the situation but it felt like we had some outside chance, then 💥 committed.

Hard to get a read on this whole situation. I wonder what JADEN wants? What does the family (father) want? Is that the same thing?
If I was Jaden (and some people aren’t going to want to hear this), I wouldn’t be scared of our QB room. You’ve got Garcia, but he’s been relatively volatile in terms of performance based on what we’ve been fed. Jacurri has all the potential in the world, but he is far from a finished product and who knows - he might never take that next step. Way too early to judge either, just like it’s too early to crown one as the successor.

Not that the QB room behind TVD is bad by any means, but it’s nothing a 5 star QB should be overly concerned with. He’d compete for the starting role if TVD went pro, imo.

Advertisement
If I was Jaden (and some people aren’t going to want to hear this), I wouldn’t be scared of our QB room. You’ve got Garcia, but he’s been relatively volatile in terms of performance based on what we’ve been fed. Jacurri has all the potential in the world, but he is far from a finished product and who knows - he might never take that next step. Way too early to judge either, just like it’s too early to crown one as the successor.

Not that the QB room behind TVD is bad by any means, but it’s nothing a 5 star QB should be overly concerned with. He’d compete for the starting role if TVD went pro, imo.
True. If Jake is as good as we all think he should beat out Jacurri & Rashada. If one of the latter wins and Jake transfers so be it. You never turn away or deprioritize landing a top qb. What if both Jake and Jacurri got hurt somehow ? Landing Rashada is important and provides multiple layers of security for the program.

If you’re a borderline 5 star quarterback, the depth chart anywhere shouldn’t scare you. Jake Garcia wasn’t scared off by TVD. Jacurri Brown wasn’t scared off by Garcia. You either have the mindset that you’re going to beat everyone else or you’re not a quarterback I want on my team. A guy who picks a school based on the easiest path to a starting job is a red flag to me

Advertisement
Back