Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Gators seem to be very confident they're getting the last OV...pretty quiet around here. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I don't even know where I stand on Moore vs. Rashada, but if we decide to pursue Moore over the latter, I hope ATM gets antsy and drops the bag to prevent the 'Turds from creating any sort of momentum.
These 5 star QBs don't want to sit more than 1 year if that.

I don't think TAMU is really in the picture for Rashada. They're just in it to drive up the price. They have 4 scholarship QBs with at least 3 of them to compete for the starting job with 3 years of eligibility.

TAMU - 2022 class: Transfer Max Johnson has 3 years of eligibility.
- 2022 class : #2 QB Conner Weigman.
- 2021 class : #20 QB Ely Stowers.
- 2020 class : #5 QB Hanes King.

I think Miami is also out as Jake Garcia is likely a 2 year starter unless they sell it that he's going be a 1 year starter and then turn pro.

Miami
- 2022 class : #17 Jacurri Brown.
- 2021 class: #7 Jake Garcia 4 years of eligibility with 3 more in 2023. Likely a 2 year starter.
- 2020 class : #7 Tyler Van Dyke. Likely turn pro after 2022 season.

Oregon is in the mix because of location and what's on the roster. If transfer Bo Nix starts 2 years, Rashada would sit one year and compete for the starting job with 2 other quality QBs.

Oregon
- 2022 class: Transfer QB Bo Nix. Covid Junior with 2 years of eligibility.
- 2021 class : #7 QB Ty Thompson.
- 2020 class : #5 QB Jay Butterfield.

Florida could be an option to get on the field early. His worse case is sitting 1 year and and competing for the starting job with Jack Miller who would have a 1 year advantage of being the backup for Richardson. If Richardson declares for the 2023 NFL draft, the competition for the starting job would occur 1 year earlier. I'm certain this is what UF is selling to him.

Florida
- 2022 class : #13 QB Jack Miller. Rsh Freshman Transfer from Ohio State.
- 2021 class : #56 QB Jalen Kitna.
- 2020 class : #9 QB Anthony Richardson. Covid Sophomore. 3 years of eligibility. They think he's going to turn pro or at least that's what they're telling recruits.

Without the transfer of Jack Miller. I would have said Florida is the likely destination. However, Rashada is going to face competition wherever he lands. I still think TAMU is out. I think Oregon is a slight leader because of location followed by Florida with the path of least resistance to the starting job, then UM. If UM didn't have Jake Garcia waiting in the wings to be a 2 year starter, I think UM would be at the top of the list.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I don't think TAMU is really in the picture for Rashada. They're just in it to drive up the price. They have 4 scholarship QBs with at least 3 of them to compete for the starting job with 3 years of eligibility.

I think Miami is also out as Jake Garcia is likely a 2 year starter unless they sell it that he's going be a 1 year starter and then turn pro.

Miami
- 2021 class: #7 Jake Garcia 4 years of eligibility with 3 more in 2023. Likely a 2 year starter.

Oregon is in the mix because of location and what's on the roster. If transfer Bo Nix starts 2 years, Rashada would sit one year and compete for the starting job with 2 other quality QBs.

Oregon

Sadly, Florida is likely his best option to get on the field early. His worse case is sitting 1 year and having the starting job given to him as there isn't any real competition on the roster besides Richardson. If Richardson declares for the 2023 NFL draft, Rashada would be the starter as a freshman. I'm certain this is what UF is selling to him.

Florida
- 2022 class : #96 QB Max Brown.
- 2021 class : #17 QB Carlos Del Rio-Wilson.
- 2020 class : #9 QB Anthony Richardson. Covid Sophomore. 3 years of eligibility. They think he's going to turn pro or at least that's what they're telling recruits.

It won't surprise me if he signs with Florida. I think it comes down to playing time as #1 and money #2. As long as the Florida NIL community pays him what he wants, I think he signs there.
That’s not UF’s depth chart at QB. Del Rio transferred to Syracuse. Brown is there. They have Jack Miller and Kitna.

Miami

Oregon

Sadly, Florida is likely his best option to get on the field early. His worse case is sitting 1 year and having the starting job given to him as there isn't any real competition on the roster besides Richardson. If Richardson declares for the 2023 NFL draft, Rashada would be the starter as a freshman. I'm certain this is what UF is selling to him.

Florida
- 2022 class : #96 QB Max Brown.
- 2021 class : #17 QB Carlos Del Rio-Wilson.

It won't surprise me if he signs with Florida. I think it comes down to playing time as #1 and money #2. As long as the Florida NIL community pays him what he wants, I think he signs there.
The nil dictates that they should start.
The way I see it is that they’re cashing in at the right time and it’s a risk that schools are taking.
I doubt every 5 star qb that is cashing in is gonna be a day one pick or a heisman winner.
The schools now face a dilemma. Nico and Rashada are likely gonna have to start especially if a booster is writing that check.
This also creates a problem for next year when they will try to recruit another elite player asking for bags knowing full and well that they are going to sit for a while. Do you think gator collective is gonna want to fork out another few million for another qb knowing another booster is gonna want Rashada to start right away?
Now Rashada is gonna want to put up stats with some shtty receiving room only cause they promised him a mili

Advertisement
the GOAT @Cribby said that Rashada has a $1 mil offer from UF. Will Miami match? Seems all of these other bag schools are hesitant to for now as well. Might want to use their resources elsewhere. Wouldnt be mad if Miami did as well.
If this kid and his family traveled around the nation the last 2-3 months trying to drum up a bidding war only to settle on 1M from the Gators..he flopped big time. I know there were rumors that these 5* QBs were looking at Nicos alleged 8M deal and started getting ahead of themselves thinking they could get something in that ballpark..sounds like these schools put a halt to the madness pretty quickly.

Miami

Oregon

Florida could be an option to get on the field early. His worse case is sitting 1 year and and competing for the starting job with Jack Miller who would have a 1 year advantage of being the backup for Richardson. If Richardson declares for the 2023 NFL draft, the competition for the starting job would occur 1 year earlier. I'm certain this is what UF is selling to him.

Florida
- 2022 class : #13 QB Jack Miller. Rsh Freshman Transfer from Ohio State.
- 2021 class : #56 QB Jalen Kitna.

Without the transfer of Jack Miller. I would have said Florida is the likely destination. However, Rashada is going to face competition wherever he lands. I still think TAMU is out. I think Oregon is a slight leader because of location followed by Florida with the path of least resistance to the starting job, then UM. If UM didn't have Jake Garcia waiting in the wings to be a 2 year starter, I think UM would be at the top of the list.
Everytime someone pencils Garcia into a starting QB spot next year I get visuals of Manny behind a keyboard. You guys are too much.

Everytime someone pencils Garcia into a starting QB spot next year I get visuals of Manny behind a keyboard. You guys are too much.
While I get your point...I agree with the poster that said in some of these cases..the NIL will dictate who plays esp at QB. Garcia will get first shot at the starting job if he has the mega-NIL deal. Not saying it promises him the job, but he gets first crack.

Advertisement
If this kid and his family traveled around the nation the last 2-3 months trying to drum up a bidding war only to settle on 1M from the Gators..he flopped big time. I know there were rumors that these 5* QBs were looking at Nicos alleged 8M deal and started getting ahead of themselves thinking they could get something in that ballpark..sounds like these schools put a halt to the madness pretty quickly.
I said from the rip there was a lot of bs numbers being thrown around. If people bought in to that it’s on them. Secondly it won’t end at a million per . I could see a tad higher when it’s all said and done. There’s a reason I haven’t posted much in this thread, I was over this recruitment when it started lol. Regardless if he comes here or not. Tbh I don’t see this ending if he commits somewhere or not, the smart thing to do would be to push his commitment back later.

Last edited:
I get the feeling from this saga that UM is just no that into him. Whether it is because our eval doesn't match the "expert" eval, or the money is higher than we think he is worth, or something else. I really feels like there are other schools more interested in, or in greater need of, getting Rashada.

Nah, I don't think that's what is happening here.

UM was on him early and often. He likes UM. And the Miami metropolitan area NIL package has been offered. The other SEC schools are playing their usual game, they "assure" that the money will be there, but specifics have not been pinned down prior to the officials.

I had a discussion with someone else on the board yesterday, and here's my prediction. If any of the SEC offers are significantly above the others (and Miami's prior offer), he may choose a school and NOT schedule the Miami visit. But IF IF IF the Miami visit happens, then it definitely looks good for us, short-term and long-term.

Bottom line, I think LSU and aTm need to decide here, and I don't think they should be counting on Dante Moore.

The nil dictates that they should start.
The way I see it is that they’re cashing in at the right time and it’s a risk that schools are taking.
I doubt every 5 star qb that is cashing in is gonna be a day one pick or a heisman winner.
The schools now face a dilemma. Nico and Rashada are likely gonna have to start especially if a booster is writing that check.
This also creates a problem for next year when they will try to recruit another elite player asking for bags knowing full and well that they are going to sit for a while. Do you think gator collective is gonna want to fork out another few million for another qb knowing another booster is gonna want Rashada to start right away?
Now Rashada is gonna want to put up stats with some shtty receiving room only cause they promised him a mili
I don't think that a 5 star is always a day 1 starter. If there's an incumbent starter, they're going to sit unless they show themselves as a generational talent who's better right now. Bryce Young sat a year at Alabama. They have another 5 star QB in the 2022 class who will take over for Young in 2023. I don't think you will see multiple 5 star QBs in back 2 back classes. They are going to command top NIL money and only one of them will wind up staying. Best case is one 5-star QB every 2-3 years.

Advertisement
Left UF pretty early this morning and there board is freaking out.

Lane Kiffin and his staff are working on landing their quarterback for the 2023 cycle and it appears they have their eyes set on
Jaden Rashada. The Rebels just took a commitment from his brother, junior college defensive back
Roman Rashada, and they're hoping that helps in their pursuit of the highly rated signal caller. Ole Miss already hosted the talented quarterback for an official visit back in April and it is continuing to push for him to join this recruiting class. The Rebels have their work cut out for them though. Rashada is expected to commit on June 18 and Oregon and Miami seem to be the front-runners.

Well that’s different. Weird the two schools as front-runners don’t seem to be getting OVs.

Lane Kiffin and his staff are working on landing their quarterback for the 2023 cycle and it appears they have their eyes set on
Jaden Rashada. The Rebels just took a commitment from his brother, junior college defensive back
Roman Rashada, and they're hoping that helps in their pursuit of the highly rated signal caller. Ole Miss already hosted the talented quarterback for an official visit back in April and it is continuing to push for him to join this recruiting class. The Rebels have their work cut out for them though. Rashada is expected to commit on June 18 and Oregon and Miami seem to be the front-runners.

Well that’s different. Weird the two schools as front-runners don’t seem to be getting OVs.
Not saying it will happen but he has been to Miami multiple times unofficially so other than the perks of the OV likely not much else for him to see. So it would make sense to then hold off on that OV until say right before signing day or at a point in the year when Miami would want him on campus with say WRs to help recruit them. That being said I personally would be shocked if he picks Miami on the 18th unless he somehow visits next week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back