Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Oklahoma gets the Top QBs in the land to come play for them. Jalen Hurts, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield when he transfered. I'm not saying Rattler is Elite or anything like that, I'm just saying he's not pure garbage like some others are saying on here, he's got crazy arm talent for a college QB. He's definitely good college starting QB. I loved watching him pick apart Florida in 2020
Agreed but it should be abundantly clear he is extremely flawed but does have some talent. He is not the “typical” OU QB such as the ones you named and is a clear step below. I would say he belongs where is in SCar, a place not known for producing top QBs.

Advertisement
He's still a really talented QB and was very good in 2020 when he started all season. Just because he's a entitled douche doesn't mean he can't play QB
Yes. Plenty of douches are good players.

But he’s a QB. That’s a leadership position and when you can’t lead or inspire others, the rest won’t follow or fall in line.

He had a very good first year but then regressed significantly. Defenses figured him out and was basically left to dump the ball out into the flats because he was having issues reading the defense and pushing the ball down field despite the coach making it as easy as possible for him.

Last edited:
I think he’s going to the highest bidder

I disagree. I think he is playing it perfectly, and I know everyone wants to hate on him and his dad, and make assumptions, but what they are doing IMO is EXACTLY how I would do it. I think the criticism is unfair.

1- Identify what schools you are interested in from an academic/football/life experience. All his leaders are big time, it's not like Nico who is going to crap TENN for $.
2- Play the game and them against each other in order to get the max NIL offer from each of them.
3- Make a decision on where you want to go, based on the program, school, etc. with NIL of course factored in, but don't make it the only factor.

The theory that he will "go to the highest bidder" is just fan conjecture. No one knows that. Now I agree no one knows the opposite either, but I don't think its fair on them to make that assumption. I haven't seen that they've lied to anyone along the way, either. You don't see a lot of "look-at-me" or big timing people from them. Lying about stuff. It was UF, so I want to puke, but the fact that they moved mountains to show up for that visit when it became a real pain in the *** for them showed character IMO.

CFB is a multi-billion dollar business, and they have every right to play it this way to protect their end, especially as NFL draft success/ going injury-free is certainly not guaranteed. Why end up at your #1 school with $300k when you can end up at the same school with $1M by being a good businessman along the way?

I think they've played things close to their vests, which again, is their right, so why get upset with their interviews if they don't pimp your program on a given day? It's not like they are stringing us or anyone else along until January. In fact, if I were Mario or another HC, I'd want our involvement to be as on the DL as possible.

I respect the game, and I don't fill in the blanks with unconfirmed negativity. We will know more if he shows up to visit or not.

Last edited:
Spencer rattler had 34 Total TDs 7INTs 3100 passing yards in 11 starts his first season starting and was viewed as a Top 10 pick but yeah cheeks... He had 13 Total TDs 4INTs in the 5 full games he played in 2021 before Williams replaced him. TVD had worse numbers then that and we treat him like a god. Rattler is a good QB but Caleb Williams was an elite QB.

I predicted that the stats were coming...

Advertisement
The game before he was benched he went 22-25 for 250 2TDs 1int and Oklahoma was 5-0. He got benched against Texas but he was 8/15 120 yards 1 Rushing TD and a pick. I think it was more they knew they had a freak in Caleb Williams on the bench. Rattler has a very good arm and can make all the throws. Was he playing up to Oklahoma Heisman QB standards? No but he wasn't trash like some people are saying in here. Well he's a trash person but not as a QB

Stats on stats on stats!

He had 2 rushing TDs as well so he was averaging 2TDs a game through those 4 starts and Oklahoma won every game he started. In my opinion Rattler is a good college starting QB, just go watch some of his 2020 film, people were viewing him as a future Top 10 pick. He had a down year in 2021 but I don't agree with people saying he's garbage. If he was our QB he easily puts up 30+ TDs against trash ACC defenses

You can never have too many stats!

No, Rattler lost his job because he’s not a leader, a me first entitled PrimaDona that caused a lot of turmoil in the locker room while surrounded by insane talent.

He also regressed, especially vs better competition last year.

Now he’s going to SC where he won’t play with the same amount of talent nor talent in coaching.
I agree he regressed but saying he's a trash QB is just not true. He's a solid college starting QB whose still growing as a QB. He definitely has a NFL arm and good pocket presence but needs to work on decision making and seeing the field. He has the tools to be good though, I believe he will get drafted next year. Teams will bet on his physical talent and think they can coach him up. Now Spencer Rattler the person is trash, I absolutely hated him on that QB1 documentary, he's got a lot of growing up to do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I disagree. I think he is playing it perfectly, and I know everyone wants to hate on him and his dad, and make assumptions, but what they are doing IMO is EXACTLY how I would do it. I think the criticism is unfair.

1- Identify what schools you are interested in from an academic/football/life experience. All his leaders are big time, it's not like Nico who is going to crap TENN for $.
2- Play the game and them against each other in order to get the max NIL offer from each of them.
3- Make a decision on where you want to go, based on the program, school, etc. with NIL of course factored in, but don't make it the only factor.

The theory that he will "go to the highest bidder" is just fan conjecture. No one knows that. Now I agree no one know the opposite either, but I don't think its fair on them to make that assumption. I haven't seen that they've lied to anyone along the way, either. You don't see a lot of "look-at-me" or big timing people from them. Lying about stuff. It was UF, so I want to puke, but the fact that they moved mountains to show up for that visit when it became a real pain in the *** for them showed character IMO.

CFB is a multi-billion dollar business, and they have every right to play it this way to protect their end, especially as NFL draft success/ going injury-free is certainly not guaranteed. Why end up at your #1 school with $300k when you can end up at the same school with $1M by being a good businessman along the way?

I think they've played things close to their vests, which again, is their right, so why get upset with their interviews if they don't pimp your program on a given day? It's not like they are stringing us or anyone else along until January. In fact, if I were Mario or another HC, I'd want our involvement to be as on the DL as possible.

I respect the game, and I don't fill in the blanks with unconfirmed negativity. We will know more if he shows up to visit or not.
I think all of that’s definitely relevant to good negotiations on his part. I still think it’s the highest bidder - or if not - then close enough to it. If UiF crushes our offer they’ll get him. I just don’t think they will if we’re getting that OV. That’s all I need to see - the OV. Then I know we’re meeting or beating their offer. Or **** close to it.

I think all of that’s definitely relevant to good negotiations on his part. I still think it’s the highest bidder - or if not - then close enough to it. If UiF crushes our offer they’ll get him. I just don’t think they will if we’re getting that OV. That’s all I need to see - the OV. Then I know we’re meeting or beating their offer. Or **** close to it.

Yeah the OV will be telling, agree. Or not lol. Seriously, it's impossible to get in the head and value system of another human, but all we can do in this great game of teen entertainment is play the percentages.

Not recruiting the best talent because of what is already on are roster is loser talk. The top dogs annually stack talent at every position at every chance they get. There are no givens injuries happen, some kids flame out, ect. I don’t give a shït how much our billionaire boosters overpay for unproven HS athletes. I just want to see this program win at all costs. Luckily inside the building that is the same thought. Risk it to get that 6th biscuit
This x100
Alabama has a stable of arm talent as well. I guarantee they’re still in contact with every top qb on the board right now even with Holstein committed.

You think If uga or Bama lands Young they’re just gonna go after some 3 star and not Baxter or Fletcher?

You stack talent and if the dudes you have committed don’t want to compete then they don’t belong.

Portis committed to a running back room that was just ridiculous.

Remember When people thought Devonta Freeman was crazy to go to FSu cause James Wilder was gonna start over him?

Remember when Bama took that crazy wide receiver class with Jeudy and Smith? Then followed up with another sick receiving class.

What about Clemson cleaning up on DT for like 3 years in a row.

Alabama took the top 2 rated OT’s on the board in 21. Then 2 more in the top 5 last year.

Advertisement
Rashada expected to arrive at UF around noon - leaving Thursday morning for Vegas and 7v7 tourney

Gator fans: "How important is NIL in Rashada's recruitment?"

247 Reporter "Very"

Gator Insider: " It’s up there but he also values depth, conference and relationship with his future head coach."

Going to be an interesting two weeks....

Advertisement
Highly rated kids make 25 k or higher on ov’s. That said I don’t buy silents , I’ve seen kids be silents to multiple schools . Theres a reason why kids don’t go public and it’s not only for ov cash. Negotiations are always going on. It would be naive to think different.
I better see alot of debt being paid off, houses being paid off, credit scores going up, and investment portfolios looking solid in the black community over the next decade or so with all this money being thrown around all willy-nilly. 25k just for a **** OV??? And not even including the NIL?? Wow!

Oklahoma gets the Top QBs in the land to come play for them. Jalen Hurts, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield when he transfered. I'm not saying Rattler is Elite or anything like that, I'm just saying he's not pure garbage like some others are saying on here, he's got crazy arm talent for a college QB. He's definitely good college starting QB. I loved watching him pick apart Florida in 2020
Rattler is talented but if you watched the QB 1 show not sure he's grown up much since then and constantly threw teammates under the bus.

Last edited:
Careful, we might have to match you up with MackBammer in a showdown...

At any rate, Mack will swarm you with a bunch of stats. No doubt, Rattler has an arm. I'm just less impressed with the head and heart.

I hear you on that.

Head and heart though, I'm not sure how you quantify that statement. They're hard to judge unless you're around them all the time. These are still very young men and prone to making mistakes. That isn't an excuse, but we all make them (even as adults) and hopefully learn and grow from them.

These guys have massive ego's across the board. You want that, but you also want them humble enough to learn and be teachable. So far what he envisioned hasn't been a disaster, but it hasn't been ideal. Like most players, there's a risk with any take, but the payoff with his arm talent could be massive. Hopefully for his sake, he's laser focused and learned a thing or two.

I just wouldn't be so quick to write someone off with a very surface level understanding of who or what he's about. I'm not saying you are, but that less impressed comment made me type this.

Rashada expected to arrive at UF around noon - leaving Thursday morning for Vegas and 7v7 tourney

Gator fans: "How important is NIL in Rashada's recruitment?"

247 Reporter "Very"

Gator Insider: " It’s up there but he also values depth, conference and relationship with his future head coach."

Going to be an interesting two weeks....
They’re so banking on the Gator Insider part.

Advertisement
Back