Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
NCAA reimpose transfer restrictions to start. Regulation always follows whether it is NCAA, state legislature or Congress
Yes they can impose restrictions on transfers. But I thought you were referring to capping the amount of $$$ they can make..

Us, Texas, Tennessee, and USC might shape up to the big dogs in the new Wild West of CFB recruiting. Def more fun than seeing Bama there every year, esp if this is Saban’s last year.
Sheeeeit. That joker just signed an extension thru 2028 making 10.6 mil/yr. With his ole buddy from LSU Mark Emmert at the helm why would he leave? He can get away with murder as long as he wants. Best coach in the country? Absolutely. But it helps when you have “help”. Feel me?

Advertisement
Let them think it’s just him though. It works in our favor. I’d rather the biggest dog have the mouth piece and distract everyone while others work and generate a bigger, unknown pool.
100%. We know guys like Lambert and Rosenhaus are in on it (amongst others); Lambert may not be the most silent, but I’ve hardly seen Rosenhaus’s name in the public (and usually he’s pretty boisterous too, it’s just Ruiz is being the most brash about it). I’m sure there’s others like Cribby said they are operating behind closed doors.

Sounds like a well-oiled monetary machine that this program and its athletes/supporters finally deserve after nearly two decades of ineptitude.

This. I deleted a post about this yesterday. There’s golden canes / booster who are heavily involved they just choose to remain silent. These people are just happy to know where their money is going and there’s an actual plan. They arent being ignored like they were previously.
Purely speculation but maybe the Miami NIL collective, if they have one, has designated Ruiz to be the mouthpiece. Everything seems calculated, I wouldn’t be shocked if Rad & Mario have given Ruiz the green for social media. Especially Mario, I just find it hard to believe he wanted so much control but let’s a rogue NIL guy spew all over Twitter. Just my .02.

Advertisement
I'm curious, has there been a QB sign a major NIL deal and sit for 2 seasons? I know BY signed a million dollar deal and he sat for only one year. Anyone sign a major NIL deal back in 2020 only to sit for 2 seasons?

Lol was just about to edit my post. Good catch.

I think the gist of my comment is, we are chasing two five-star kids that all the other big-name programs want. It’s going to be difficult to land either one. I hope we don’t settle on those two and have some backup plans ready to go.
I'm just pulling your leg😀

I'm curious, has there been a QB sign a major NIL deal and sit for 2 seasons? I know BY signed a million dollar deal and he sat for only one year. Anyone sign a major NIL deal back in 2020 only to sit for 2 seasons?
I wonder if this will change how QB recruiting is done. Unless your bags are crazy can you reasonably try to recruit and pay blue chip guys every year?

I just can't imagine what it looks like for us to pay Rashada crazy money and then he gets beat out by Jacurri. That seems like bad allocation of funds if it's really a millie+ for qbs now.

Purely speculation but maybe the Miami NIL collective, if they have one, has designated Ruiz to be the mouthpiece. Everything seems calculated, I wouldn’t be shocked if Rad & Mario have given Ruiz the green for social media. Especially Mario, I just find it hard to believe he wanted so much control but let’s a rogue NIL guy spew all over Twitter. Just my .02.

It definitely could help from a structural perspective in terms of ensuring the deals are handled with proper legal attention and sophistication. Already having an infrastructure through which to operate is huge.

I'd bet A LOT of schools are behind the 8-ball on that front

Advertisement
Ruiz has posted the marketing figures they get from announcements. People act like he is just cutting kids checks and moving on to the next deal. He is getting a ton of exposure for Life Wallet off these deals and the more these talking heads complain about it the more he gets.

I think Mario and Rad are fine with him being so vocal about these deals because UM can't publicly comment on them. Recruits and families are now aware what UM is shelling out to get their services. And there is plenty of other $ being tossed around from heavy hitters who aren't as vocal as Ruiz. There are plenty of other deals besides Life Wallet that we aren't hearing about

100%. We know guys like Lambert and Rosenhaus are in on it (amongst others); Lambert may not be the most silent, but I’ve hardly seen Rosenhaus’s name in the public (and usually he’s pretty boisterous too, it’s just Ruiz is being the most brash about it). I’m sure there’s others like Cribby said they are operating behind closed doors.

Sounds like a well-oiled monetary machine that this program and its athletes/supporters finally deserve after nearly two decades of ineptitude.
Rosenhaus is different. His agency is acting for the players to get deals not actually paying them. They will usually tweet out when they sign a big deal for a player like when TVD got the BMW deal.

Advertisement
Is this not better than Bama and uga getting everyone? Like isn't this what Y'ALL begged for? Disparity???
100% better. Bag game at bama/uga was ruining CFB. NIL will make that better but will still be ~10 schools that dominate, all the mid size & smaller programs (most of ACC for example) have no chance still.

Rosenhaus is different. His agency is acting for the players to get deals not actually paying them. They will usually tweet out when they sign a big deal for a player like when TVD got the BMW deal.
Rosenhaus involvement is a little concerning because at the end of the day he's still an agent. Its exactly the type of thing I could see the NCAA coming up with some way of hammering us just to do it. And with the **** he's talked about Ruiz, its also the kinda thing Billy Corben would love to "investigate" and share his findings on Le ******** show.

Advertisement
Back