Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I see the train of thought for sure but that’s exactly what I’m saying. Dude signs a 8mil contract and 350-400k is guaranteed? That’s NFL **** that drives me wild. That is almost as worthless as the clickbait headline. 8 mil only a tiny fraction of which is guaranteed.

Of course it’s not actually worthless but that’s the price of doing business. I doubt they are giving him that 350-400k the moment he shows up. Again, that would be dumb and opens up the “take the money and run.” Any savvy businessman that are making these would make it to where anyone that is recruited has a small guaranteed money up front and then is doled out game by game with incentives thrown in.

My point is to stop looking at sticker price and think like buying an item and think of it more like a first time home buyer mortgage (kinda but not really). There’s a small percentage up front but then payments that are monthly, quarterly, weekly, etc.

Once again these NIL deals would incentivize the athlete to stay and compete/perform instead being given the entire payment.

And when it does happen that they take the money and run. It’s usually going to be a comparatively small amount and you have to think of it as an operating cost.

We’re not here to try to get a deal like the old administration and coaching staph. We’re paying top money for top results. We’re not going to the goodwill to try to find a used bargain.
yes agree the $8M is a clickbait headline. But he is still reportedly getting $350/400K upfront. That's a huge sum of money. NO WAY with teams putting up $20-30M per year for NIL, a 5 star QB is getting zero or little upfront. 1 team since no money upfront? ok fine, I'll get it from the next school. Guarantee Jaden is expecting six figures upfront no matter what to sign his name and he'll get it. It's just like a signing bonus in the corporate world to poach an exec.

Advertisement
Goofy worrying about what millionaires/billionaires do with their money. If they gotta spend 10 mil per recruit, it don’t hurt my wallet none and I get to watch the canes win. Just sit back and enjoy
agree, could care less if Ruiz wants to blow $10M per year. It's the implication on the game. Every year every talented kid jumping into the portal to see what other schools will offer and if its an attractive number, they jump. Straight up free agency in CFB. But unlike the Pro's where teams can lock you to a deal for years, everything in college is a 1 year deal essentially. Happy for the players to get paid, but bad for the game imo

The benefit of NIL versus the old bag game is security for the investment. These NIL contracts are airtight with provisions to protect the investors. Not like 200k cash goes missing. Lawyers cross every t and dot every lowercase j.
Yeah not exactly. These kids have reps/lawyers too now (at least the high valued 4/5 star ones certainly will) who can negotiate guaranteed money, money upfront, cash payments every month (whether they play or not) etc. 1 school wont agree to those clauses cause they only want to offer money if they play X min and throw X TD's? Ok no problem, I'll go to the next school who will offer me guaranteed money.

You think Mims, as a 5 star OT that 5-10 teams would LOVE to have, wasn't getting money upfront? You think he wouldn't still get paid even if he sucked? You think he wouldn't still get (at least some) money if he got injured? Everything is negotiable and its an open market. As the only 5 star OT on the market and 5-10+ schools begging for him, he had LEVERAGE to negotiate a very favorable deal. Whether he did not, who knows.

agree, could care less if Ruiz wants to blow $10M per year. It's the implication on the game. Every year every talented kid jumping into the portal to see what other schools will offer and if its an attractive number, they jump. Straight up free agency in CFB. But unlike the Pro's where teams can lock you to a deal for years, everything in college is a 1 year deal essentially. Happy for the players to get paid, but bad for the game imo
GOOD FOR UM FOOTBALL THOUGH!!! So, quit your complaining! We have an elite recruiter (good for attracting free agents) AND companies/donors willing to support these young men. What’s the problem?

Advertisement
GOOD FOR UM FOOTBALL THOUGH!!! So, quit your complaining! We have an elite recruiter (good for attracting free agents) AND companies/donors willing to support these young men. What’s the problem?
Not complaining as a UM fan. Ruiz is a godsend. Everyone on this board should download Lifewallet and show support. Just saying implications for CFB overall diminish the sport imo.

that said, Go Canes and let's roll

Look at Spyre’s deal with Nico. He is locked into TN and if he goes anywhere else, all the money goes back to Spyre. These clauses will keep kids put

yes agree the $8M is a clickbait headline. But he is still reportedly getting $350/400K upfront. That's a huge sum of money. NO WAY with teams putting up $20-30M per year for NIL, a 5 star QB is getting zero or little upfront. 1 team since no money upfront? ok fine, I'll get it from the next school. Guarantee Jaden is expecting six figures upfront no matter what to sign his name and he'll get it. It's just like a signing bonus in the corporate world to poach an exec.
Your the only one saying zero upfront. No one else is saying that.

Who cares if a kid gets 50-100k or even 10mil and either transfers or never pans out or if they end up killing it and becoming the next Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady.

Regardless, of that fact this sport will go on. The NCAA did nothing to stop it. The market will correct itself if necessary. You’re talking about a sport that generates hundreds of millions or even billions of dollars annually. You’re complaining about the operating costs of being at the top of the college football world and your favorite team is finally playing the game playing it very well.

Advertisement
I don't know why people keep saying he's two years out when talking about when he might play.

Let's assume that TVD goes pro. Jake takes over and plays at least one year then goes pro. Next man up, plays one year and is gone. That's the only way that happens, Rashad sees the field after sitting two.

All of that is extremely unlikely. If the two guys ahead of him stick around, doubt they're both one and done. That would be an incredible run at the position.

I don't know how or what you do in this modern day of college football with the portal and NIL. I don't know how the NIL contracts can be structured. It's all new to me and if I'm being blunt, bat's hit craziness.

It's not my money, so whatever. My guess is portal QB's will be bigger than ever. Players jet after one season and some players will make more than the NFL minimum before even playing a down. Bizarre as **** and I don't see this QB waiting all that time to play.

200.gif

Sneaking Elmer Fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

-The visit to LSU was a surprising, hastily scheduled visit for Rashada
-
Rashada said he will be back in Baton Rouge to take an OV in June...

Rashada and his father, Harlen, made the visit to Baton Rouge together after the Ole Miss visit.

"It was a good visit at LSU and he plans to officially visit in early June," said Harlen Rashada.

Advertisement
-The visit to LSU was a surprising, hastily scheduled visit for Rashada
-
Rashada said he will be back in Baton Rouge to take an OV in June...
Gives them time to put that package together. LSU was publicly never in the picture from what I recall so please, anyone feel free to correct me.

Gives them time to put that package together. LSU was publicly never in the picture from what I recall so please, anyone feel free to correct me.
Smells off but we'll see what happens in June.

Advertisement
They were after Arch manning and they just got Dante Moore on campus for an official.

Clearly swinging at everyone and they likely have the $$ the Rashada's are looking for...

So LSU, Bama, ND, OSU, Oregon, Michigan, and us are basically battling for 4 kids (Arch Manning, Dante Moore, Jaden Rashada, Eli Holstein). Basically 7 teams battling for 4 top arms. Sounds like we are in it for Rashada and Moore. More QB names will pop up but it's a really a supply and demand thing right now. These QBs have all the leverage = massive NIL deals.

So LSU, Bama, ND, OSU, Oregon, Michigan, and us are basically battling for 4 kids (Arch Manning, Dante Moore, Jaden Rashada, Eli Holstein). Basically 7 teams battling for 4 top arms. Sounds like we are in it for Rashada and Moore. More QB names will pop up but it's a really a supply and demand thing right now. These QBs have all the leverage = massive NIL deals.
I got Arch to Texas, Dante Moore to ND, Rashada to Miami, and Eli to Bama.

Advertisement
Back