Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
If you're cool with it and cool with other schools returning the favor that's your right. Just not my cup of tea.
I'm cool with it because the University of Miami has the benefit of being in Coral Gables, a small and affluent municipality with a population of under 60,000 people while still being in arms reach of all that the City of Miami and surrounding areas have to offer.

Other schools can try to return the favor, but it's pretty easy to refute most of that noise.

We are in his top 2 AS OF NOW. If a certain suitor comes calling which as of now isn't as likely as it was a month ago we will not get him. Ok enough of the cryptic ****. If Alabama comes calling with a committable we are toast but as of now from what I've been told it's us and Ole Miss.

And Ole **** is going to try to write off the expense as "reparations"...

We are in his top 2 AS OF NOW. If a certain suitor comes calling which as of now isn't as likely as it was a month ago we will not get him. Ok enough of the cryptic ****. If Alabama comes calling with a committable we are toast but as of now from what I've been told it's us and Ole Miss.
Need Arch Manning or Eli Holstein to commit to Bama.

I like our chances. This weekend will decide a lot then.

Advertisement
This is stupid.

A.). Pay TVD what he’s worth

B.) Structure these high school NIL’s in a way so that they’re performance based. Like yeah you get $2mil if you’re starting and the team wins 10 games. Otherwise you get a fraction. That way the kid can tweet about $2mil but the cash isn’t wasted

Ruiz is a smart man, and a lawyer to boot, I’m sure he’s all over this

Also, not every player is worth the same. Life lesson. We all have our market value.

I’m a millionaire who earned every penny. Not everyone gets to make what I make because A.) you’re probably not as smart and B.) you sure as **** don’t work as hard

That’s America. Don’t cry about what’s fair. You’re paid what the market says you’re worth.

Also, not every player is worth the same. Life lesson. We all have our market value.

I’m a millionaire who earned every penny. Not everyone gets to make what I make because A.) you’re probably not as smart and B.) you sure as **** don’t work as hard

That’s America. Don’t cry about what’s fair. You’re paid what the market says you’re worth.
Weird flex but ok

This is stupid.

B.) Structure these high school NIL’s in a way so that they’re performance based. Like yeah you get $2mil if you’re starting and the team wins 10 games. Otherwise you get a fraction. That way the kid can tweet about $2mil but the cash isn’t wasted

Valid points.

Let's not forget, the NFL has been full of these "flashy total value" contracts for a while, the ones that agents can brag about, but which almost never pay out the full negotiated total.

That's what I think a lot of these fans are missing. Yes, some of these NIL deals MIGHT pay out the fully-advertised max value, if a kid comes in and wins the starting job on Day 1, and stays for years, etc.

But I think the real money that is actually paid out will be less. I realize that these small-***** SEC boosters/jock-sniffers love to pretend that they are the most important components of each school's football team, but there's no way that all of these millions will be fully paid out on a speculative basis to players that aren't guaranteed to (a) start and/or (b) stay.

Advertisement
This is stupid.

I dont think NIL deals can be laced with performance bonuses. I'm not positive on that though

This is like the old heads like Charles Barkley whining about what guys are getting paid now. Its the market. There was no NIL when TVD was a senior in HS. If he wanted to he could enter the portal and try to get more NIL, but I think the brand and reputation he has built @ UM is too much to walk away from.

This is stupid.

I've given you a lot of grief, but this post is 100% spot on.

Advertisement

Hey! :)

Last edited:
Valid points.

Let's not forget, the NFL has been full of these "flashy total value" contracts for a while, the ones that agents can brag about, but which almost never pay out the full negotiated total.

That's what I think a lot of these fans are missing. Yes, some of these NIL deals MIGHT pay out the fully-advertised max value, if a kid comes in and wins the starting job on Day 1, and stays for years, etc.

But I think the real money that is actually paid out will be less. I realize that these small-***** SEC boosters/jock-sniffers love to pretend that they are the most important components of each school's football team, but there's no way that all of these millions will be fully paid out on a speculative basis to players that aren't guaranteed to (a) start and/or (b) stay.

Exactly. If a kid comes here, starting QB, and say he wins a natty, then he’s WORTH 2mil. We’d pay that with a grin on our face, because a natty is worth far more than that to the school and the community.

And performance contracts are pretty common. You gave the NFL example, and there are others. Finance, for example.

These kids believe in themselves. If you give a 5* kid a choice between $200k guaranteed or $2mil performance based, the majority are going to take the gamble on themselves because of the nature of who they are and what they do

Advertisement

So yeah umm can you teach me...

So yeah umm can you teach me...

Ha yeah. There’s three ways to make bank…the smart way, the stupid way, and the lucky way.

The smart way is start your own business.

The stupid way (my way) is work your *** off in corporate America, network, and move up the ladder.

The lucky way is win the lottery, or pick richer parents.

Truth.

This is stupid.

@RightSaidFred needs to join UM NIL team.

Advertisement
Back