Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

That's true for some kids, but I believe a lot of people on this board fail to realize that not every kid wants to live in a big city. Some guys enjoy that more traditional college campus experience. Not saying that's Rashada's outlook since he's coming from California, but we need to stop stereotyping these schools in smaller areas. I'm sure they have their own nice advantages. I look at this no different when these other schools want to negatively recruit against us with the stereotype of Miami being in a very bad area with a bunch of thugs and it being a dangerous place to go to school.
Why do we need to stop stereotyping against schools in smaller areas?

Does the narrative not serve the University of Miami Hurricanes football program’s bottom line?

Advertisement
I mean, we’re doing pretty good with NIL TVD has deals equavalent to at least a few hundred thousand dollars. Let’s just educated guess and round up and say $250-400k.

It’s outrageous that our potential Day 1/Day 2 NFL QB if he were decide to come back would be making $1.5m less than a guy who’s rated as the 5th best Hs qb in the country. Lol he can’t be making millions more than Jake and TVD lol it would literally create a divide on the team. Dudes would be like What the actual Fawk.
this is kind of what the players in the NFL have been *****ing about for years when kids that haven't played a down in the NFL are coming in and making more than 3-4 time pro bowl players...Now you have kids like Rashada wanting twice/three times the amount than what your starting QB is making without ever having played a down in college...Kind of the same thing.

Why do we need to stop stereotyping against schools in smaller areas?

Does the narrative not serve the University of Miami Hurricanes football program’s bottom line?

If you're cool with it and cool with other schools returning the favor that's your right. Just not my cup of tea.

this is kind of what the players in the NFL have been *****ing about for years when kids that haven't played a down in the NFL are coming in and making more than 3-4 time pro bowl players...Now you have kids like Rashada wanting twice/three times the amount than what your starting QB is making without ever having played a down in college...Kind of the same thing.
I feel you, the problem is you need a top QB every year. So what do we do? Spend $10m a year on our QB room lol this is a slippery slope.

Our best hope here is that market resets itself and we let Tennessee be the outlier here. A&M is the one we gotta watch out for. They’re desperate and backed by Oil money.

I don’t want to speak on this too much but the issue isn’t how the qb room will react to it. As I’ve said UT threw everything out of whack , so either the money gets dumber or the market resets. It’s getting ridiculous and fast.
Eventually the market will settle but there needs to be some performance to base it on. If you see some of the higher nil guys falter than the numbers come down. If the top 5 all are at the Heisman ceremony than the numbers will increase. Need a year or two of actual game play to set the price point.

Advertisement
So this kids going to get a million dollar NIL deal while we have TVD and Garcia on the roster with $50k deals..

Yeah, I don’t see this kid in on our roster next year.

Just got done taking to a friend about situations like this and how the locker room dynamic will work moving forward. It’s not sustainable and will create major division on weak minded rosters/teams.

This is uncharted waters for all college coaches. The next few years of college football is going to be wild. Buckle up!

It'll settle down in a few years to a degree would be my guess. Once schools start seeing these crazy high paid players bust. There's always going to be a team willing to shell out way more than they should to get a kid though. Just like in every sport. One school blows their load to get a QB and then the rest of the schools either have to play the game or miss out.

What are you going to do to stop the other schools from doing it, if we do?

I don't typically conduct my actions based on what others do. I can only control myself. You're welcome to do what you want. It's a free country. For now still anyways. I just find it foolish and hypocritical for our fans to do it then b*tch when others do it to us.

Advertisement
You're absolutely right. The difference here is that the NFL and the NFLPA provided the parameters to change the structure for the players and teams to shift the revenue. I believe Sam Bradford was the last draft pick to get that mega deal before even taking a snap. In this case, there's no governing body to establish any type of parameter. So the players are just taking advantage of the lack of structure and more to the point, the lack of leadership.

I keep hearing that the market will correct itself, and it may to some extent. But truthfully, without any structure to the NIL landscape, all the players have to do is wait for that one overly thirsty program that will say "yes". The market can only be reset if everyone willingly agrees to it. Good luck with that!

Last edited:
Arkansas mod said he asked for close to 2 mil

There is was you can back load these deals. They can’t have specific verbiage about playing time accomplishments etc… but I’m sure there are enough smart lawyers out there who can figure out how to make it where if you give this kid 2 million it’s because he won a championship or something similar.

No way millionaires keep handing out millions to high school kids who haven’t played a snap without some protection

Advertisement
247's Brandon Huffman is maybe giving Miami the slight lead right now for Rashada as of this am.

Excerpts/paraphrases:

Rashada named a top 10 in December but that list has undergone a major face lift and there are really a handful of schools in the mix for him: Miami, Ole Miss, Oregon, Cal and newcomer Texas A&M against the field.

MIAMI HURRICANES​

Coming out of his unofficial visit to Miami earlier this month, the 'Canes looked liked they had taken a firm lead in Rashada's recruitment. He had played in a 7v7 tournament with the Miami Immortals, had spent a lot of time around key Miami commits and recruits and had been a target of Mario Cristobal since Cristobal was at Oregon. The 'Canes will get another visit soon and it is very likely to be an official visit, but we also know there is some discussion about taking another unofficial visit prior to the official. Semantics aside, Miami is a major contender for Rashada and may even have the lead, if ever so slightly. But there are a ton of contenders for the Hurricanes to stave off.

OLE MISS REBELS​

A top challenger in this recruitment is Ole Miss, which will get the first official visit from Rashada this weekend.

OREGON DUCKS​

Rashada was expected to visit Eugene this weekend but he chose to push the trip back to a later date yet to be determined so he could take an official visit to Ole Miss this weekend. Rashada was in Eugene back in January, so he's plenty familiar with the school (he also visited last year).

TEXAS A&M AGGIES​

The newest addition to this list, Texas A&M just offered Rashada on Wednesday and already made a move in his top list. Rashada said he plans to take a visit of some sort down to College Station and has hit it off immediately with offensive coordinator Darrell ****ey. Can the Aggies make up this much ground this late?

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS​

Arkansas had Rashada in town last weekend and he hit it off well with Kendal Briles and Sam Pittman. That said, the Hawgs may have a longer shot here the further away from the trip he gets. Plus, all signs are pointing to them landing a commitment from Malachi Singleton on Monday.

CALIFORNIA GOLDEN BEARS​

Being the hometown school, Cal hasn't given up hope in recruiting Rashada, though the chances of them keeping the five-star home are looking bleaker and bleaker. The one thing Cal will always have in its favor over every school recruiting Rashada is proximity to home.

Last edited:
I don‘t fault the kid for getting paid.

But, $2.0M is outrageous. His Name, Image and Likeness is worth what the market will bear, but anybody willing to pay that price is foolish. There is no such thing as a “slam dunk” and “can’t lose” prospect. There are too many failures over the years to mention.

Unless you possess unlimited funds, schools/boosters/sponsors need to be smart about NIL money. Spreading the love over a signficant number of players is likely a better approach than going all in on just a few. While coveted QBs will command more money than say a CB, do not overspend for the position. You will always find quality players via the Portal to address weaknesses, especially QBs.

So this kids going to get a million dollar NIL deal while we have TVD and Garcia on the roster with $50k deals..

Yeah, I don’t see this kid in on our roster next year.

TVD is making almost $1M in NIL... so far, for basically one year. Is $2M over a college career for a 5-star elite guy really that crazy? I don't know what Garcia is making, but I guarantee its a lot more than $50k. You all know that LifeWallet isn't the only NIL we have going, right? Lots on google, btw.

Advertisement
So a college without an established quarterback could go all-in on this. Think Miami in 2018 - that year we signed Jarren Williams. The competitors on the roster were Weldon and Rozier. A Miami of that time period could have gotten away from making their quarterback recruit (whether it was Williams or someone else) more highly paid than Weldon or Rosier. But now? It creates escalating spend - now you need to make certain that TVD, Garcia, and Brown are making at least as much as Rashada, if not more. Now, you suddenly are spending $6M just on quarterbacks alone.

More interesting, and to the same vein what does Texas do if they were to sign Manning? He might get $6M in NIL. How would that sit with Ewers, who is presumed to be the incumbent starter? Does Texas now have to bump Ewers up to $8 or $10M per year to keep him from bolting? Again, this is an escalator to ridiculous levels of spending in college football, to the point where total NIL spend on a team will start to resemble NFL franchises.

What this could do for quarterbacks is actually spread out the talent pool. Most schools will probably pony up money for one quarterback, at least so as to make a statement. So a future Garcia might be lured to a Utah or Ole Miss because they've offered him $4M to sign. In turn, what this then does is thin out that position for everyone. Each team becomes like an NFL team - one injury away from total disaster. You won't have four and five star backups anymore. Your backup will be 3 and 2 star quarterbacks, because they'll be affordable at an NIL level.

The money Rashada wants is more than a bag lol.
200.gif

Advertisement
Back