Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Arky is in the SEC and has a few huge donors. If they are put off with what Rashada is asking we might be as well.
Who the fucc that’s not from Arkansas would want to live in **** Arkansas? I feel that his asking price for Arky or Ole **** won’t be the same price for us. Because the money making prospects AFTER he signs, would be much better in Miami.

I hear you, I really do…but that’s not our job to figure out and the truth is that’s just the way the game is being played right now. If we want to get studs and compete for top classes, this type of stuff is necessary. Just the way it is.
I agree, not our job to figure out, but it is the job of the people cutting the checks. Talent acquisition is the most important part of this business, but retaining your existing talent is in that same bucket. If you want to be proactive you have to think a few steps ahead. Again, I agree, not my job to figure out how to make Garcia happy, but I’m not the one writing the check for Rashada either. They better be thinking about keeping Garcia happy, because you better believe that if he beats out Rashada, he’s going to want more money than Rashada.

Advertisement
Why does everyone keep insinuating these NIL are guaranteed and upfront? My understanding is what Malachi and Nico got were absurd but only a small amount was up front and guaranteed. The deal is a structure to make sure the kid gets paid if he delivers. You are a scrub, no millions.
People aren’t paying attention. Look at Ewers at OSU. His NIL deal required him to get playing time. OSU wouldn’t guarantee it so he transferred. There’s a lot of clauses built into these deals. You don’t just sign on the dotted line and get a duffel bag dropped on the desk with a mil in it

You get the best arms in here. No matter what and no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You do not worry about what may happen down the line. You do not assume he will or will not be able to beat anyone out. Some of you all give up so easily. Kid is well aware of the QB room we have and is still interested. You go all out for this kid and worry about everything else after he signs. The market is the market and we are able to pay to play now, finally.
“I’d rather spend the money elsewhere”. Huh? whether you spend 2 Mil on one kid or 5 kids, it’s going to get spent and all these kids may bust. You might as well spend it on the one position that has the potential to elevate your teams play the most.

If some of ya’ll wish we were still broke and don’t wanna compete - just say that.
It’s inevitable we are going to have to do this for a top QB. Life Wallet may give this kid a big deal upfront but I’m not worried about what TVD or Garcia would make open market. King signed a ton of deals day 1 of the NIL. If these dudes are the goods eventually they’ll get big time national deals. We can’t be scared to upset guys on the roster, especially at QB. What’s UF’s trademark, scared money don’t make money?

Advertisement
So I guess all the dudes freaking out about Wal-Mart money and Tyson money and Jerry Jones money can settle down and realize that Arkansas has limits too and is nearly as poor as F$U is.
neds-declassified-broke.gif

Who the fucc that’s not from Arkansas would want to live in **** Arkansas? I feel that his asking price for Arky or Ole **** won’t be the same price for us. Because the money making prospects AFTER he signs, would be much better in Miami.

That's true for some kids, but I believe a lot of people on this board fail to realize that not every kid wants to live in a big city. Some guys enjoy that more traditional college campus experience. Not saying that's Rashada's outlook since he's coming from California, but we need to stop stereotyping these schools in smaller areas. I'm sure they have their own nice advantages. I look at this no different when these other schools want to negatively recruit against us with the stereotype of Miami being in a very bad area with a bunch of thugs and it being a dangerous place to go to school.

We'll most likely be in that same boat. Our QB room has Garcia and Brown behind TVD. Could see them using bigger NIL money on other positions if he's asking for Iamaleava type money.
He’s not the natural that Iamaleava is either, who I see as the most gifted in this years class, so either he adjusts his asking or some team is gonna seriously overpay.

That's true for some kids, but I believe a lot of people on this board fail to realize that not every kid wants to live in a big city. Some guys enjoy that more traditional college campus experience. Not saying that's Rashada's outlook since he's coming from California, but we need to stop stereotyping these schools in smaller areas. I'm sure they have their own nice advantages. I look at this no different when these other schools want to negatively recruit against us with the stereotype of Miami being in a very bad area with a bunch of thugs and it being a dangerous place to go to school.

Good luck

Advertisement
I agree in stacking chips and dont care what Ruiz spends. I prefer he spends as opposed to not spend.

With that said, of there is a 10 million dollar budget as Ruiz publicly stated.

I think it may be a better strategy to back channel a star QB transfer down the line. Flip side is, I actually haven't seen many star QBs hit free agency this season.

Do you feel that an unproven commodity is worth 20 times more than someone good that you have in your building? I understand that Garcia is relatively unproven as well, but he will have been in the system for a year, and in college for 2 years before this class steps on campus.

Are we really wanting to send the message to our existing high potential players that a highschool kid is worth 20 times more than they are?

How do you justify to the team that a high school recruit is worth 20 times more than a potential heisman candidate/potential first round pick in TVD?
TVD about to get first round pick money

I hear you, I really do…but that’s not our job to figure out and the truth is that’s just the way the game is being played right now. If we want to get studs and compete for top classes, this type of stuff is necessary. Just the way it is.
I dont think anyone is saying they don't want Rashada and that we shouldn't go after him or that we dont have the ability to pay him a big NIL. But there are realities to deal with too. Nobody has unlimited resources (maybe outside T A&M)) and you still have to try and get the best return and value regardless of how large those resources are.

The question is not do we want him. The question should be is the value of getting him on the team worth potentially disrupting an already solid and young QB room, paying at the very top of the market for one position and tying up a huge amount of resources that could have been deployed to strengthen other more needed positions? I wont even get into the possibility of him transferring out for lack of immediate playing time or team chemistry issues that can come with ultra bag chasers.

I guess these are things only the coaches can answer but its fun to debate

Advertisement
I agree with what you're saying, but I'm talking mostly about the asking price.... and its my opinion that it would be different, because of location. I have no proof of this whatsoever, just one man's opinion.

I agree with what you're saying, but I'm talking mostly about the asking price.... and its my opinion that it would be different, because of location. I have no proof of this whatsoever, just one man's opinion.

I gotcha. You're right on that.

I agree in stacking chips and dont care what Ruiz spends. I prefer he spends as opposed to not spend.

With that said, of there is a 10 million dollar budget as Ruiz publicly stated.

I think it may be a better strategy to back channel a star QB transfer down the line. Flip side is, I actually haven't seen many star QBs hit free agency this season.
That’s a risky game. We definitely don’t want to be caught with our pants down when it comes to a Qb.

Advertisement
Back