Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

NFL contracts aren't fully guaranteed (sans Watson). A lot of teams put language in contracts where if the player is released due to conduct detrimental to team they can recoup money. Just being a bust does not warrant giving money back. Short answer yea they had to settle.
That's not at all how that works in the NFL... The only thing gaurentee is exactly that. Your gaurentee money. Past that everything is done weekly,and yearly. You can be cut at any time and a team don't owe you **** beyond ur gaurenteed bread. Several times a year make a difference. Biggest one is the end of training camp. You get a roster allotment if you make the team, any verbage wrote into your contract as far as performance(but that's bonuses)off-season mini camps, game checks, & more bonuses if you make the playoffs. Each week is a different amount. But it's all based on weeks & years. Doesn't matter if you sign for 20 years other than what's gaurenteed.

Advertisement
I got a full blown update a few days ago on every position were recruiting. I have a nugget to add on to this.

The staff feels good about Rashada. But everyone should keep in mind, the staff is pushing for him to publicly commit hard and be the face of the class. So, until its public, its not done. This isn't a scenario like a few players who are wrapped up but holding off for the spring game.
That’s a bold strategy. Are they sure that’s a better approach than having 5 stars Pay their own way to visit and work out for you then just ghosting them right afterwards??

Advertisement
My guess:

Miami signs Jaden Rashada

Bama signs Eli Holstein or Dylan Lonergran

But it’s annoying how Bama has a high 4-star borderline 5-star QB right there in state just 45 minutes from campus in Birmingham in Chris Vizzina & they refuse to recruit their own hometown QB’s smh lol.
Luxury of the rich and famous…

That's not at all how that works in the NFL... The only thing gaurentee is exactly that. Your gaurentee money. Past that everything is done weekly,and yearly. You can be cut at any time and a team don't owe you **** beyond ur gaurenteed bread. Several times a year make a difference. Biggest one is the end of training camp. You get a roster allotment if you make the team, any verbage wrote into your contract as far as performance(but that's bonuses)off-season mini camps, game checks, & more bonuses if you make the playoffs. Each week is a different amount. But it's all based on weeks & years. Doesn't matter if you sign for 20 years other than what's gaurenteed.
Not sure what the disagreement is I said NFL contracts aren't fully guaranteed? Watson contract being an exception.

I haven’t seen Vizzina’s film but I’m also not a QB evaluator. But it’s likely safe to say that no other staff in the country has seen him up close more than the Alabama staff. So it’s either they don’t want him for whatever reason or he doesn’t want them. Or maybe they’re just taking it for granted that any kid from the state will drop whatever they’re doing and commit to Alabama when offered even if he’s committed somewhere else.

Usually schools want the kids to Pop early. However if I’m not mistaken both Milroe and young committed in august and September and both were committed somewhere else at the time.

So while we may want a commitment soon, Alabama has been able to wait and see more film or more practice from the dudes they want and obviously they don’t GAF where they are committed at.

Advertisement
I haven’t seen Vizzina’s film but I’m also not a QB evaluator. But it’s likely safe to say that no other staff in the country has seen him up close more than the Alabama staff. So it’s either they don’t want him for whatever reason or he doesn’t want them. Or maybe they’re just taking it for granted that any kid from the state will drop whatever they’re doing and commit to Alabama when offered even if he’s committed somewhere else.

Usually schools want the kids to Pop early. However if I’m not mistaken both Milroe and young committed in august and September and both were committed somewhere else at the time.

So while we may want a commitment soon, Alabama has been able to wait and see more film or more practice from the dudes they want and obviously they don’t GAF where they are committed at.
Alabama rarely recruits their own in-state QB’s, they pretty much exclusively recruit Nationally for their QB’s.

Mario Cristobal is searching all over the country for a top quarterback in the Class of 2023.

Over the last week, a pair of signal-callers have made their way to campus and neither left with an offer. That signals that Cristobal still feels pretty good about his chances to land an elite arm at this stage of the process.

One name that InsideTheU and 247Sports have kept an eye on over the past few weeks is Pittsburg (Cali.) five-star Jaden Rashada, who completed 57 percent of his passes for 2220 yards with 27 touchdowns to five interceptions as a junior.

He’s high on the Hurricanes and what Cristobal, Josh Gattis, and Frank Ponce are doing in Coral Gables.

“Everything has been going real good to be honest,” Rashada told InsideTheU when reached by phone Monday. “Coach Cristobal, Coach Gattis, Coach Ponce, really there’s not a single coach on that staff that hasn’t shown me love. It’s been crazy. It’s been pretty good having that opportunity.”

One thing the nation’s No. 5 ranked quarterback has taken away from his conversations with Miami’s staff is their authenticity.

“Really they’re just being authentic. Just letting me know opportunity is there and they’re trying to get this thing back to where it should be and back to where it did start,” Rashada said.

Rashada knows plenty about Cristobal from his time at Oregon. The two spoke plenty while Cristobal was leading the Pac-12 program.

“Me and Coach Cristobal been cool. Since he’s been at Miami we’ve got even cooler. You can tell he’s a family guy. You can tell he has a personal way of coaching. I can tell that I’m going to get his best and when you get a coaches best, it pushes you to do your best as well,” Rashada said.

Of Miami’s offense, the Polynesian Bowl commit knows that it will be very personnel generated. That lines up with what Gattis told the media last week during his post-practice press conference.

“They’re saying they call the offense to their players and quarterback especially. If they have a trigger, they’re going to pull it a lot,” Rashada said.

People out West have indicated that staying close to home could be a factor for the nation’s No. 5 quarterback. Rashada would push back on that.

“I personally think that Miami is the closest thing to California. But staying home isn’t a factor to me. It’s nothing I have to do. I’m not one of those kids who can’t leave home,” Rashada said.

As far as a commitment goes, Rashada could hold out until the summer months at the latest.

“I’m just going to make whatever decision is best for me. These upcoming visits will be important to me. I got to figure out where. I want to make a decision by June. If you saw my tweet the other day, I’m just going to go wherever I’m valued the most and whoever shows the most love. I won’t speak too much about the other schools, but I will say Miami is one of the schools that have been showing me a lot of value and love and I plan on getting down there.”

Whoda think it,

Young guys will choose schools that want them the most.

Yes he is. But Bama is torn between him and Rashada currently so it's not clear what the situation is there. After the spring games a lot of things are going to clear up at a few positions.
I’m guessing Rashada knows this ?

Smh **** , crazy how Bama can slow play the kid while we pulling out all the stops and he still like “ehhh I wanna see Bama tho”

I guess they’ve earned that tho

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back