Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
I didnt read through all 15 pages but thought I'd add a tidbit:

Pittsburg High is sort of the Miami Central of the Bay Area. Urban area school that competed at a very high level for many years despite having limited talent pool. I remember they made it to the NCS (think GMAC) Final game several years in a row only to lose to De La Salle (who was far too dominant to lose to a public school back then).

Lots of talent has come from the Pittsburgh-Antioch area. Joe Mixon and Najeh Harris are names that come to mind in recent years. I dont recall Pittsburg ever being able to recruit players in, but the recent 5-8 years has brought housing prices up to where some of those neighborhoods are better. It's interesting to me as a long time follower of Bay Area sports to Pittsburg high recruiting in a 5 star kid from SoCal.
Did not know Rashada was from SoCal...

Advertisement

Pittsburg High is sort of the Miami Central of the Bay Area. Urban area school that competed at a very high level for many years despite having limited talent pool. I remember they made it to the NCS (think GMAC) Final game several years in a row only to lose to De La Salle (who was far too dominant to lose to a public school back then).

Lots of talent has come from the Pittsburgh-Antioch area. Joe Mixon and Najeh Harris are names that come to mind in recent years. I dont recall Pittsburg ever being able to recruit players in, but the recent 5-8 years has brought housing prices up to where some of those neighborhoods are better. It's interesting to me as a long time follower of Bay Area sports to Pittsburg high recruiting in a 5 star kid from SoCal.
With the help of the new Bart station(Bay Area version of Subway for those who don’t know) right around the corner Coach Galli has been able to get more kids in. Spot on with the housing prices. Everyone from Oakland, Richmond, and the bay are pushing out to those areas.

Man, I know this isn't the right thread for this and I am all for kids getting paid, but this type of thing makes me really skeptical about all this. A low 7 figure deal for a High School kid? Wtf are we doing here? Yeah yeah, I know it's not just us and I know this isn't new. But this is a LOT of public money. Am I cool with TVD making some cash? Absolutely, he played well last year, he's the starting QB at a marquee program, he's on a lot of NFL draft boards right now, etc. But a High School junior? So Malik Henry would have gotten a million dollars a few years ago? I really don't like the way this is headed. Just my $0.02...somebody please tell me I'm wrong and this is all a good thing for everyone involved.
Great post! Exact same thing that I’ve been thinking.

If many young NFL, MLB and NBA dudes have a hard time with their newfound fame and fortune, I can only think that it’ll be even more difficult for these young kids to handle the pressures from all sides that fame and fortune brings with it.

Advertisement
Actually the Clemson model has been to sign a top guy every two years, and a depth piece in between.
Their in between “depth piece” is still a 4 star qb. They have just as much “talent” at qb as any. They are heavily trying to convince Manning to come even after signing Cade Klubnik. Let’s look at our situation here… most believe TVD will be gone after this year so that leaves Jake Garcia and Jacurri Brown as the “top 2.” Though I like both, both are unproven so with the 5 star qb signing this year… he gets his opportunity to compete for the starting job esp as an EE. Let’s say he doesn’t win the job bc Garcia is as good as ppl say he is. Jake could potentially be 1 and done… leaves the door wide open for said 5 star qb once again. I will not be convinced that our qb depth is an issue. Not that you were trying to convince me, I’m just talking ball lol.

Man, I know this isn't the right thread for this and I am all for kids getting paid, but this type of thing makes me really skeptical about all this. A low 7 figure deal for a High School kid? Wtf are we doing here? Yeah yeah, I know it's not just us and I know this isn't new. But this is a LOT of public money. Am I cool with TVD making some cash? Absolutely, he played well last year, he's the starting QB at a marquee program, he's on a lot of NFL draft boards right now, etc. But a High School junior? So Malik Henry would have gotten a million dollars a few years ago? I really don't like the way this is headed. Just my $0.02...somebody please tell me I'm wrong and this is all a good thing for everyone involved.

What does age have to do with it? Were you opposed to 15 & 16 year old female professional tennis players getting paid large sums of money for playing in pro tournaments back in the day? The veil of college football being an amateur sport has been gone for decades now. It's now just more out in the open.

yeah-****.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

Yeah that area East Bay Oakland-Concord-Antioch does have a solid amount of talent, but De La Salle is the only NorCal school really worth much when it comes to State Championship games though. The rest of the schools will have a couple star players that go FBS, whereas De La Salle will consIstently have a bunch.

Vast majority of the top California talent is from Southern California.

Advertisement
Back