Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
I like that a lot, Holstein is like a Mac Jones clone, so I hope Bama gets him.

And as long as Bill O’Brien is OC for Bama I don’t see them signing Manning at all.

I think it’s between UGA & Ole Miss, but the funniest thing is just how much the Manning family absolutely despises LSU as an institution, they will never send anyone from their bloodline there lol.
Pardon my ignorance here @Liberty City El but why do the Mannings despise LSU? I have never heard the story before. You’d think being from the state they would love the Tigers. Appreciate in advance.

Archie hates LSU because when he was in college they heckled him something awful in one of his games against them. They allegedly yelled incendiary stuff about his Dad Buddy’s suicide & had signs at the game, he supposedly received Death threats over the years from them too...

It’s been a lifelong hatred apparently, but Archie will never let anyone from his family go to LSU, under no circumstances.
Thanks @Liberty City El for the details. You can ignore my inquiry then. Appreciate the 411

Advertisement
We will see if he visits. It certainly gives the vibe of playing us. No one is seeing the field at Bama for the next 2 years unless Young gets hurt, but they are Bama. Our QB depth is causing issues on the trail. It's a hard sell.

We will see if he visits. It certainly gives the vibe of playing us. No one is seeing the field at Bama for the next 2 years unless Young gets hurt, but they are Bama. Our QB depth is causing issues on the trail. It's a hard sell.
He said he would. In terms of Bryce Young, that kid is gone after this year.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It doesn’t have to stop anywhere, that’s the good part about it.

What’s the difference between paying Davis Bertans $80million a year to average 5.4 ppg & 1.9 rebounds per game vs paying a kid a couple mill for his potential?

Most athletic contracts are based on forward projection not necessarily current merits, especially in Football.

If people want to give kids millions, let them, what’s going to happen? They’ll either stop paying them or they’ll just keep paying them. It’s not coming out of tax payer dollars, so what’s the problem?

The only reason why anyone has an issue with it is because they’re kids & for whatever reason people really don’t like it when kids make money lol. It’s just something people who are fans of sports are going to have to get used to, the same athletes that yall root for & spend money to watch 6 months out of the year are also gonna get paid too.

The demand dictates the market evaluation, if fans don’t watch teams play no one will pay money to bring them to their schools, so yall either have to stop watching, or just get over it lol 🤷🏽‍♂️
Excellent post and I agree 100%.

I didnt read through all 15 pages but thought I'd add a tidbit:

Pittsburg High is sort of the Miami Central of the Bay Area. Urban area school that competed at a very high level for many years despite having limited talent pool. I remember they made it to the NCS (think GMAC) Final game several years in a row only to lose to De La Salle (who was far too dominant to lose to a public school back then).

Lots of talent has come from the Pittsburgh-Antioch area. Joe Mixon and Najeh Harris are names that come to mind in recent years. I dont recall Pittsburg ever being able to recruit players in, but the recent 5-8 years has brought housing prices up to where some of those neighborhoods are better. It's interesting to me as a long time follower of Bay Area sports to Pittsburg high recruiting in a 5 star kid from SoCal.

Advertisement
Back