Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
I like that a lot, Holstein is like a Mac Jones clone, so I hope Bama gets him.

And as long as Bill O’Brien is OC for Bama I don’t see them signing Manning at all.

I think it’s between UGA & Ole Miss, but the funniest thing is just how much the Manning family absolutely despises LSU as an institution, they will never send anyone from their bloodline there lol.

"2023 recruit Arch Manning, told 247Sports that a report his son has narrowed down his list of schools to just two is false. In fact, his list has gotten bigger. Manning is now considering both UF and LSU after the programs went under a regime change, according to 247Sports."

"2023 recruit Arch Manning, told 247Sports that a report his son has narrowed down his list of schools to just two is false. In fact, his list has gotten bigger. Manning is now considering both UF and LSU after the programs went under a regime change, according to 247Sports."
He won’t be going to LSU, take that to the bank.

Advertisement
Ole Miss, UGA, Texas & Bama.

It comes down to which team will guarantee him the starting job as a TF.

He really likes Texas because Sark runs a NFL offense, but with Quinn Ewers there he knows he ain’t playing right away. Ole Miss, UGA & Bama basically have kids who will declare after this season so it will be his job to lose for whichever team he picks among them, even though Bama & UGA have loaded QB rooms with 5-star QB’s already in waiting, but whichever team he picks most of those kids will hit the Portal.

Moore is pretty much in a tug-of-war with Michigan, Mich ST, PSU, Notre Dame & LSU.

TAMU & UF have both recently just offered him as well, but as of now he’s likely sticking in B1G country.
Gotta assume that eliminates UGA. A Manning is smart enough to know that Kirby would never start the most talented QB on the roster

Maybe not, but they are listening to LSU, naming LSU, and giving LSU and the new staff some shine. Clearly the ice has thawed a bit.
Cordiality.

Peyton did the same thing in his recruitment, the two main QB’s in Louisiana back then was Peyton & Josh Booty (lol), everyone thought LSU was taking Josh because believe it or not he was one of the most successful HS QB in Louisiana at that time, he had broken all the state records held by Terry Bradshaw. But Josh was also a really good Baseball player too & decided to sign with the Marlins out of HS instead of go to college right away, which left a spot open for Peyton at LSU if he wanted in. Peyton was going to Ole Miss until Ole Miss got put on probation for recruiting violations & Cutcliffe convinced him to come to Tennessee.

Peyton actually heavily considered going to Michigan under Gary Moeller as well, but he didn’t wanna sit behind Brian Griese who was a Sophomore at the time & was set to take over after Todd Collins.

But the point is, he visited LSU, spoken nicely about them in local papers whenever interviewed about them, but it was always understood by everyone who knew him or Archie that there was no way in **** that Peyton was going to LSU, despite being the Gatorade player of the year, #1 ranked player in the Nation & an Elite Louisiana QB.

Cordiality.

Peyton did the same thing in his recruitment, the two main QB’s in Louisiana back then was Peyton & Josh Booty (lol), everyone thought LSU was taking Josh because believe it or not he was one of the most successful HS QB in Louisiana at that time, he had broken all the state records held by Terry Bradshaw. But Josh was also a really good Baseball player too & decided to sign with the Marlins out of HS instead of go to college right away, which left a spot open for Peyton at LSU if he wanted in. Peyton was going to Ole Miss until Ole Miss got put on probation for recruiting violations & Cutcliffe convinced him to come to Tennessee.

Peyton actually heavily considered going to Michigan under Gary Moeller as well, but he didn’t wanna sit behind Brian Griese who was a Sophomore at the time & was set to take over after Todd Collins.

But the point is, he visited LSU, spoken nicely about them in local papers whenever interviewed about them, but it was always understood by everyone who knew him or Archie that there was no way in **** that Peyton was going to LSU, despite being the Gatorade player of the year, #1 ranked player in the Nation & an Elite Louisiana QB.

Oh, you don't have to "believe it or not" with me, amigo. I remember. Booty was the #1 player in the US. Can't miss. Then it was arguably Peyton, who signed with TENN along side another top 5 kid, Brandon Stewart. Payton and Stewart were actually neck and neck in fall camp, and both got a lot of run as true freshman (I think the starter got hurt, can't remember) before Manning finally pulled away and Stewart transferred. That was the year we had one of our best recruiting classes ever on paper, which ended up being one of the worst (Cameron Binion, Damond Neely lol). We got Clement and Covington that year too. Man, if we had a competent older QB that year, I think Covington beats Clement out the best year, and history is a bit different. But Clement was more "game-ready" as a true freshman and the rest is history.

I think that they would have named LSU early to give them the courteous inclusion, but to publicly add them in and prop up Kelly at this juncture, it gives LSU a lot of shine in recruiting circles, which I don't think they would do if they were still really bitter. Imagine doing that with your own son and UF as an example. No lol. My personal take. Time heals all (not true, but most lol) wounds. I think what they did last week with LSU was notable.

There's a whole story on 247 about the QB dominoes. It says that Rashada’s shortlist has Cal and Miami at the top with Oregon, Ole Miss, Stanford, and BYU also talking to him.
Also of note:
-Bama is homed in on Manning. They would also look at Holstein or Lonergan.
-Georgia is also homing in on Manning, with Lonergan and Vizzina also high on their boards.
-Notre Dame is going balls-out on Dante Moore. Oregon is also after him hard. Ohio State and LSU are also pursuing him.
-Eli Holstein is looking at Bama and UM.
https://247sports.com/Article/Colle...ng-Dante-Moore-Christopher-Vizzina-184974049/

My takeaway: We are head-to-head against Oregon for Rashada. We are on Moore's radar, but if we are pushing for Rashada, Moore will probably be locked in with ND by the time we pivot. It's possible Holstein's timeline is pushed back enough that we somehow land him if Manning goes to Bama and we strike out on Rashada and Moore.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh, you don't have to "believe it or not" with me, amigo. I remember. Booty was the #1 player in the US. Can't miss. Then it was arguably Peyton, who signed with TENN along side another top 5 kid, Brandon Stewart. Payton and Stewart were actually neck and neck in fall camp, and both got a lot of run as true freshman (I think the starter got hurt, can't remember) before Manning finally pulled away and Stewart transferred. That was the year we had one of our best recruiting classes ever on paper, which ended up being one of the worst (Cameron Binion, Damond Neely lol). We got Clement and Covington that year too. Man, if we had a competent older QB that year, I think Covington beats Clement out the best year, and history is a bit different. But Clement was more "game-ready" as a true freshman and the rest is history.

I think that they would have named LSU early to give them the courteous inclusion, but to publicly add them in and prop up Kelly at this juncture, it gives LSU a lot of shine in recruiting circles, which I don't think they would do if they were still really bitter. Imagine doing that with your own son and UF as an example. No lol. My personal take. Time heals all (not true, but most lol) wounds. I think what they did last week with LSU was notable.
SIAP but what is the deal behind the Manning’s and LSU?

To kill more time till signing day, why is Pittsburg California not spelled with an H? It is the other way around. During the late 1800's, the Federal government decreed that all US cities ending with " BURG" could not then end with an H. Pittsburgh PA had such a long history of their name that it was able to obtain an exemption. Hence they are the only with H on the end. Think Gettysburg for example.
It’s a shame modern government wastes so much time on stupid stuff.

Advertisement
SIAP but what is the deal behind the Manning’s and LSU?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back