Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I hear you, but I guess I'm failing to see where 15 and 16 year olds are getting paid for the potential to generate revenue with amounts like this. And there probably are examples, I just can't think of any. I agree with you, as ridiculous as it is, there are kids under 10 making millions of dollars on YouTube. But, as silly as it may seem to adults, they are generating revenue for YouTube. They are "selling" a product. People are actively clicking, viewing, generating traffic for what they're doing. But how much revenue is Rashada or countless other HS juniors generating today? We're paying 16 year olds a million dollars under the assumption that he might become a good football player and generate revenue for the school he plays for?

Just seems like such a slippery slope right now, and I'm shaking my head of thinking where this eventually leads. We paying kids playing for the 115lb optimist team a couple hundred grand in a few years? Where does this stop?
Yeah, I see your point and I see @Liberty City El ’s point as well. I’ve been working on the front lines of the NIL stuff and I think collectives will get hammered I.e. what Nico got will probably be a thing of the past. But ultimately we if you have some big donor with a private biz that he or she owns the majority of kids can still get big marketing deals and that will never go away. The collectives lead to inducement and people (gov’t) don’t like that. I personally love that kids are getting their due, I also think there’s no way to determine true market value right now. Will be an interesting evolution for sure.

Advertisement
It's going to take schools getting burned for the market to find its level. That will take a few years.

I know we like to say that, but...

As long as the money exists and some wealthy folks have enough, they will keep spending. You see it every year with coaches. Doesn't matter about buyouts, payouts, multiple failures...but come December/January, hope springs eternal again, and the multi-millions flow once again.

On a micro level (F$U), yes, repeated failure might impact and limit future efforts. But across the macro market, I think NIL money will continue to flow freely, regardless of the bust-rate.

Boosters/businesses have to project an acceptable failure rate when budgeting for these NIL deals.

I know we like to say that, but...

As long as the money exists and some wealthy folks have enough, they will keep spending. You see it every year with coaches. Doesn't matter about buyouts, payouts, multiple failures...but come December/January, hope springs eternal again, and the multi-millions flow once again.

On a micro level (F$U), yes, repeated failure might impact and limit future efforts. But across the macro market, I think NIL money will continue to flow freely, regardless of the bust-rate.

Boosters/businesses have to project an acceptable failure rate when budgeting for these NIL deals.
NIL is a whole new market, it's just got to find its level. If/when the results don't show up for huge outlays, things might go back down to near dropped bag level. If it does stay at these inflated levels, I think we'll see a lot more tied to performance. Then there will be the whole issue of poor Lance Harbor blowing out a knee and receiving no financial support because he doesn't play at all.

NIL is a whole new market, it's just got to find its level. If/when the results don't show up for huge outlays, things might go back down to near dropped bag level. If it does stay at these inflated levels, I think we'll see a lot more tied to performance. Then there will be the whole issue of poor Lance Harbor blowing out a knee and receiving no financial support because he doesn't play at all.
Exactly. Things (in this case, services) are worth what people are willing to pay for them, it will take some trial and error to figure out what market is for each position in CFB. And I think you're spot on that many of the deals will be heavily weighted towards incentives, especially in the era of the transfer portal

Advertisement
I like that a lot, Holstein is like a Mac Jones clone, so I hope Bama gets him.

And as long as Bill O’Brien is OC for Bama I don’t see them signing Manning at all.

I think it’s between UGA & Ole Miss, but the funniest thing is just how much the Manning family absolutely despises LSU as an institution, they will never send anyone from their bloodline there lol.
So what's the story with the Mannings and LSU?

So what's the story with the Mannings and LSU?
Archie hates LSU because when he was in college they heckled him something awful in one of his games against them. They allegedly yelled incendiary stuff about his Dad Buddy’s suicide & had signs at the game, he supposedly received Death threats over the years from them too...

It’s been a lifelong hatred apparently, but Archie will never let anyone from his family go to LSU, under no circumstances.

Yeah they played well in college and got drafted high.
No different than kids getting contracts for what they did in h.s.
This whole thing boils down to grown men hating because kids are making more$$ than them.
Most of those kids have been busting their *** since pop Warner ball. Some have brain damage etc.. Get that check while you can

Advertisement
Schools aren’t really gonna get burned in this though, since they aren’t out the money. This is going to go on longer than you all seem to think IMO. This is people that are rich throwing their money away hoping to win football games so they can brag to their golf buddies, not true investments with financial stakes and expected returns. And if you think kids are going to stop signing predatory career long contracts with the opportunity for a few times their parents annual income any time soon, I think you are wrong there too. At least not without some serious regulation, which isn’t happening until the wrong schools start winning this game.
Exactly, did the bag game ever stop because some player that they invested in was a bust. **** no. Same with the nil deals

Archie hates LSU because when he was in college they heckled him something awful in one of his games against them. They allegedly yelled incendiary stuff about his Dad Buddy’s suicide & had signs at the game, he supposedly received Death threats over the years from them too...

It’s been a lifelong hatred apparently, but Archie will never let anyone from his family go to LSU, under no circumstances.
And when I say Buddy, I don’t mean friend, that’s his nickname “Buddy” Manning, Eli was named after him.

Weird that Eli decommitted from ATM. He wouldn't have done so had he gotten the offer he wanted (either LSU or Bama). If so, I expect him to commit soon. It will be interesting to see what happens with Manning. Would be a great story to go to Ole Miss. Then...who does Bama get? Musical chairs game about to lose a couple chairs....fast.

Advertisement
Man, I know this isn't the right thread for this and I am all for kids getting paid, but this type of thing makes me really skeptical about all this. A low 7 figure deal for a High School kid? Wtf are we doing here? Yeah yeah, I know it's not just us and I know this isn't new. But this is a LOT of public money. Am I cool with TVD making some cash? Absolutely, he played well last year, he's the starting QB at a marquee program, he's on a lot of NFL draft boards right now, etc. But a High School junior? So Malik Henry would have gotten a million dollars a few years ago? I really don't like the way this is headed. Just my $0.02...somebody please tell me I'm wrong and this is all a good thing for everyone involved.
It’s not a good thing, but just the way it is if you wanna compete. Maybe it will change in a few years if these kids become busts.

Yall keep asking who's Bama getting, who's Georgia getting, I wont to know who we getting. What's the thoughts here fellas.

Pecking order seems to be:

1) Rashada
2) Moore
3) TBD

Bama appears to be the biggest competitor for Rashada so gotta see who they get to commit since supposedly that is gonna happen soon.

Advertisement
Yall keep asking who's Bama getting, who's Georgia getting, I wont to know who we getting. What's the thoughts here fellas.
Its been 15+ years of picking up left overs after the Bamas & UGAs of the world select who they want. Its going to take some time for us to realize the Mario isn't just going to ask permission from Saban and Kirby before he picks someone to recruit. The decades long third tier recruiting status is over but the mindset is still everywhere and won't go away quickly.

My hope is Rashada is our guy regardless of whether or not Bama wants him.

Its been 15+ years of picking up left overs after the Bamas & UGAs of the world select who they want. Its going to take some time for us to realize the Mario isn't just going to ask permission from Saban and Kirby before he picks someone to recruit.

My hope is Rashada is our guy regardless of whether or not Bama wants him.
More like 18yrs....

Advertisement
Back