Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Ole Miss, UGA, Texas & Bama.

It comes down to which team will guarantee him the starting job as a TF.

He really likes Texas because Sark runs a NFL offense, but with Quinn Ewers there he knows he ain’t playing right away. Ole Miss, UGA & Bama basically have kids who will declare after this season so it will be his job to lose for whichever team he picks among them, even though Bama & UGA have loaded QB rooms with 5-star QB’s already in waiting, but whichever team he picks most of those kids will hit the Portal.

Moore is pretty much in a tug-of-war with Michigan, Mich ST, PSU, Notre Dame & LSU.

TAMU & UF have both recently just offered him as well, but as of now he’s likely sticking in B1G country.
UGA how do they keep signing these top qbs?? Am I missing something

Advertisement
It’s crazy but the market needs to find it’s equilibrium here. Reality is it’s people like us that have turned this into a monster. Too many people following HS ball and recruiting in cfb. There is a demand here. I do agree that schools will get burned but I also think they learn from that.
It's going to take schools getting burned for the market to find its level. That will take a few years.

I hear you, but I guess I'm failing to see where 15 and 16 year olds are getting paid for the potential to generate revenue with amounts like this. And there probably are examples, I just can't think of any. I agree with you, as ridiculous as it is, there are kids under 10 making millions of dollars on YouTube. But, as silly as it may seem to adults, they are generating revenue for YouTube. They are "selling" a product. People are actively clicking, viewing, generating traffic for what they're doing. But how much revenue is Rashada or countless other HS juniors generating today? We're paying 16 year olds a million dollars under the assumption that he might become a good football player and generate revenue for the school he plays for?

Just seems like such a slippery slope right now, and I'm shaking my head of thinking where this eventually leads. We paying kids playing for the 115lb optimist team a couple hundred grand in a few years? Where does this stop?
It doesn’t have to stop anywhere, that’s the good part about it.

What’s the difference between paying Davis Bertans $80million a year to average 5.4 ppg & 1.9 rebounds per game vs paying a kid a couple mill for his potential?

Most athletic contracts are based on forward projection not necessarily current merits, especially in Football.

If people want to give kids millions, let them, what’s going to happen? They’ll either stop paying them or they’ll just keep paying them. It’s not coming out of tax payer dollars, so what’s the problem?

The only reason why anyone has an issue with it is because they’re kids & for whatever reason people really don’t like it when kids make money lol. It’s just something people who are fans of sports are going to have to get used to, the same athletes that yall root for & spend money to watch 6 months out of the year are also gonna get paid too.

The demand dictates the market evaluation, if fans don’t watch teams play no one will pay money to bring them to their schools, so yall either have to stop watching, or just get over it lol 🤷🏽‍♂️

They spend the money it costs to sign them & they win.

They also just won a Natty & kids like playing for teams that win Natty’s lol.
I get that but they sign all these high rated qbs and none of them ever play there..they all transfer out or have a walk on playing over them and we know there are dozens of teams with better offenses for qbs than UGA..

Advertisement
Who is that? From what I read, Rashada is Bama's #1 target now that Nico is off the board. Are they going after Manning? There aren't too many others in play.
Bama not recruiting him, they about to lock up the QB that just decommitted from A&M

I get that but they sign all these high rated qbs and none of them ever play there..they all transfer out or have a walk on playing over them and we know there are dozens of teams with better offenses for qbs than UGA..
Front runner syndrome, they don’t wanna know what they don’t wanna know until it’s time to know it lol.

They all believe that they’re the exception & they’ll be the ones to start as soon as they get there, but once they realize they’re not gonna see the field they hit the Portal, it’s actually an interesting case study in decision making...

You can show them with 100% guarantees that they’re not going to play as fast as they might like & they’ll still sign lol.

Schools aren’t really gonna get burned in this though, since they aren’t out the money. This is going to go on longer than you all seem to think IMO. This is people that are rich throwing their money away hoping to win football games so they can brag to their golf buddies, not true investments with financial stakes and expected returns. And if you think kids are going to stop signing predatory career long contracts with the opportunity for a few times their parents annual income any time soon, I think you are wrong there too. At least not without some serious regulation, which isn’t happening until the wrong schools start winning this game.

Front runner syndrome, they don’t wanna know what they don’t wanna know until it’s time to know it lol.

They all believe that they’re the exception & they’ll be the ones to start as soon as they get there, but once they realize they’re not gonna see the field they hit the Portal, it’s actually an interesting case study in decision making...

You can show them with 100% guarantees that they’re not going to play as fast as they might like & they’ll still sign lol.
Lol yeah that’s all I’m saying but you right on your previous post…money talks

Advertisement
There's alot of talk about Eli Holstein on Bama board. Their 247 guy- Tim Watts- said that both Manning and Holstein have committable offers right now. They don't talk like they expect to land Manning...
I like that a lot, Holstein is like a Mac Jones clone, so I hope Bama gets him.

And as long as Bill O’Brien is OC for Bama I don’t see them signing Manning at all.

I think it’s between UGA & Ole Miss, but the funniest thing is just how much the Manning family absolutely despises LSU as an institution, they will never send anyone from their bloodline there lol.

Advertisement
Bring me Rashada as our QB since we couldn't get Nico
Not saying it because we didn’t get him, but Nico looks like the type of kid that you better protect or he will be on the bench and I’m not sure playing for UT is going to protect him from that.

They generated revenue in college. They sold tickets, and jerseys. They're professionals, and at least play professional football. They show up for a job everyday. If they're out of the league in a few years, so be it. They're adults.

So by your logic, kids play well in Optimist or Pop Warner ball and go to a school like St Thomas or IMG or De La Salle....you cool with people paying them when they're 12? 10?

Well the market decides how much they are worth, it's called capitalism.
And generating revenue in college has nothing to do with an NFL contract.
They get paid on potential and many don't live up to it just like not all HS players live up to the hype once in college.

And private HS do paid some players to try and get the best ones to attend their schools.

This is the system why are you so mad, everyone should get as much as they can while they can.

Advertisement
I like that a lot, Holstein is like a Mac Jones clone, so I hope Bama gets him.

And as long as Bill O’Brien is OC for Bama I don’t see them signing Manning at all.

I think it’s between UGA & Ole Miss, but the funniest thing is just how much the Manning family absolutely despises LSU as an institution, they will never send anyone from their bloodline there lol.
What about Texas? IDK why but I feel like Texas is really in it with them. They want him protected; good OLine. They seem to really like Sark, too. And Cutcliffe there behind the scenes. Other than Ewers, who is going to challenge in QB room? I'm not a big Ewers fan - waiting to see how he actually does on the field....

Advertisement
Back