QB Guru George Whitfield on Kaaya

D

deleted3746

-Coached at Elite 11 and The Opening
-Whitfield has trained Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and EJ Manuel
-Whitfield has worked with Ben Rapelisberger, Johnny Manziel, and Tahj Boyd

On what Kaaya has done well this week and what has impressed him the most about Kaaya

-Says Kaaya came in like he had a jetpack on his back
-Says Kaaya has progressed everyday
-Says they worked on Kaaya's base and weight transfer when he first got out there
-Says the next day Kaaya got it and they don't have to say anything to him
-Says Kaaya has an incredible trait being coachable like that
-Says you tell him something and he will apply it

On evaluating the 10 best passes from Tuesday and Kaaya/Olsen

-Says the staff evaluates each QB's games and they rank the top 10 passes everyday
-Says Kaaya had 3 of the best 10 passes from Tuesday
-Says Kaaya has incredible touch and is a natural passer
-Says he can't believe Miami came across the country and stole Kaaya
-Says Miami is stacked at QB with Olsen and Kaaya
-Says Miami is getting a couple of competitive alpha dogs in Olsen and Kaaya
-Says his hat is off to Miami for finding Kaaya
-Says the sky is the limit for Kaaya

On Kaaya's physical tools

-Says Kaaya can do everything physically
-Says Kaaya is big, fast, can run a little bit
-Says his processing is tested, his consistency is tested, and both are supported by mechanics...says Kaaya has progressed each day with all of those
-Says Kaaya didn't start the week in the top 11, but would be shocked if he didn't end up there
-Saya Kaaya has great competitive temperament

On Kaaya's mental game

-Says he loves Kaaya's mentality and the way he approaches things
-Says Kaaya has competed with everyone there
-Says Kaaya's attitude is: I might not have this deal now, but I'm going to quickly manufacture it and beat you with it
-Says Miami is getting a big time player
-Says Miami is starting to become QB U again

On who Kaaya reminds him of

-Says Kaaya is his own guy, but there are QBs big and strong like him
-Says he thinks he can get to the size of Andrew Luck or Cam Newton when he is 22 or 23
-Says he spins the ball naturally like Aaron Murray or Tahj Boyd
-Says Kaaya is a fusion of a guy that can run with it and a guy who can spin it nice from a natural throwing standpoint
-Says Kaaya is going to be tough to contain because he can do anything
-Says Kaaya might be one of the most well-rounded QBs at The Opening

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/QB-Guru-George-Whitfield-High-On-UM-Commit-Brad-Kaaya-137826

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
-Coached at Elite 11 and The Opening
-Whitfield has trained Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and EJ Manuel
-Whitfield has worked with Ben Rapelisberger, Johnny Manziel, and Tahj Boyd

On what Kaaya has done well this week and what has impressed him the most about Kaaya

-Says Kaaya came in like he had a jetpack on his back
-Says Kaaya has progressed everyday
-Says they worked on Kaaya's base and weight transfer when he first got out there
-Says the next day Kaaya got it and they don't have to say anything to him
-Says Kaaya has an incredible trait being coachable like that
-Says you tell him something and he will apply it

On evaluating the 10 best passes from Tuesday and Kaaya/Olsen

-Says the staff evaluates each QB's games and they rank the top 10 passes everyday
-Says Kaaya had 3 of the best 10 passes from Tuesday
-Says Kaaya has incredible touch and is a natural passer
-Says he can't believe Miami came across the country and stole Kaaya
-Says Miami is stacked at QB with Olsen and Kaaya
-Says Miami is getting a couple of competitive alpha dogs in Olsen and Kaaya
-Says his hat is off to Miami for finding Kaaya
-Says the sky is the limit for Kaaya

On Kaaya's physical tools

-Says Kaaya can do everything physically
-Says Kaaya is big, fast, can run a little bit
-Says his processing is tested, his consistency is tested, and both are supported by mechanics...says Kaaya has progressed each day with all of those
-Says Kaaya didn't start the week in the top 11, but would be shocked if he didn't end up there
-Saya Kaaya has great competitive temperament

On Kaaya's mental game

-Says he loves Kaaya's mentality and the way he approaches things
-Says Kaaya has competed with everyone there
-Says Kaaya's attitude is: I might not have this deal now, but I'm going to quickly manufacture it and beat you with it
-Says Miami is getting a big time player
-Says Miami is starting to become QB U again

On who Kaaya reminds him of

-Says Kaaya is his own guy, but there are QBs big and strong like him
-Says he thinks he can get to the size of Andrew Luck or Cam Newton when he is 22 or 23
-Says he spins the ball naturally like Aaron Murray or Tahj Boyd
-Says Kaaya is a fusion of a guy that can run with it and a guy who can spin it nice from a natural throwing standpoint
-Says Kaaya is going to be tough to contain because he can do anything
-Says Kaaya might be one of the most well-rounded QBs at The Opening

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/QB-Guru-George-Whitfield-High-On-UM-Commit-Brad-Kaaya-137826

37.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fairly comprehensive break down of Kaaya's game and very impressive. We've got a lot to look forward.

Not trying to threadjack, but I used to play hoop with Whitfield when he was in HS. He grew up down the street from my boy. Crazy that I just put that together.

Advertisement
Kaaya after his senior year and probably a redshirt season will be unstoppable. Can't wait to watch him and Olsen battle it out.

Kaaya after his senior year and probably a redshirt season will be unstoppable. Can't wait to watch him and Olsen battle it out.

Say bye bye to Dewey and Crow...

I hope Olsen does not redshirt this fall. I'd like to see separation in playing time between the two future starting QB's.

Advertisement

I hope Olsen does not redshirt this fall. I'd like to see separation in playing time between the two future starting QB's.

If Olsen is around for his Redshirt SR season something went wrong. The only way I see HBK playing as a Frosh is if Olsen goes down with an injury and Crow or Dewey just aren't D1 QBs. Otherwise they should have enough seperation with Olsen leaving early for Kayaa to start 2 full seasons. Assuming that Kayaa doesn't beat out Olsen at some point.

If Olsen is around for his Redshirt SR season something went wrong. The only way I see HBK playing as a Frosh is if Olsen goes down with an injury and Crow or Dewey just aren't D1 QBs. Otherwise they should have enough seperation with Olsen leaving early for Kayaa to start 2 full seasons. Assuming that Kayaa doesn't beat out Olsen at some point.

Olsen RS-FR '14, RS-SO '15 -- then NFL Draft just like Manziel after this year
Kaaya RS-SO '16, RS-JR '17 -- then NFL Draft

Seems plausible

Olsen RS-FR '14, RS-SO '15 -- then NFL Draft just like Manziel after this year
Kaaya RS-SO '16, RS-JR '17 -- then NFL Draft

Seems plausible

I am excited for both, but when is the last time we had a QB leave early for the draft? I guess we are due some luck, but having back to back QBs leave early seems a little unrealistic.

Advertisement
Tru @ shogungts! Thanks for bringing some logic into the conversation. While its POSSIBLE to have 2 QB's from back to back classes go early to the draft, its not PROBABLE! A LOT of things have to go right for that scenario to happen.

Any QB who leaves before 2015 is stupid and couldn't likely hack it at a BCS school.

Bottom line is the position is open next year and even if Williams gets the gig, it is wide open in 2015.

Any QB who leaves before 2015 is stupid and couldn't likely hack it at a BCS school.

Bottom line is the position is open next year and even if Williams gets the gig, it is wide open in 2015.

If Williams gets the gig there is something wrong. Barring an injury to Olsen I can't see the staff shooting for a mediocre season with Willams at QB. He doesn't
have the arm strength to win games consistently for us. We might as well let Olsen potentially struggle a little bit and get playing time than let Williams waste
a season of development.

Man, that is some write up. Kudos to the staff for getting him. **** with him and Olsen. This is gonna be good.....

Advertisement
Back