QB for next year

sitzee

Freshman
As of now it looks as though the team isn't pursuing a QB for 2019 class. Any thoughts on Nebraska RS Freshman Tristan Gebbia ? 4* QB #9 Pro-Style QB as per 24/7 in the 2017 class. Gebbia just withdrew from Nebraska after losing out the starting job to true Freshman QB Adrian Martinez. Does he have it in him to compete with Weldon, Perry, & Williams? Did he leave because he felt that Martinez was basically given the job because he was a Frost recruit and Gebbia wasn't?
Gebbia(#200) was ranked right behind Perry(#199) of overall players in the 2017 class.

Advertisement
We are a few days from one of the biggest opening games we have had in a while.

And you want to talk about next season and a hypothetical transfer from a QB that has no ties to Richt or the program.

Sunday really cannot come soon enough.

My thoughts are.

He will not be in the running for QB at Miami in 2019.

Next question.

It seems like Gebbia is leaving bc he didn't win the job. If that's the case, I wouldn't want him here since he'd just be in another competition with the possibility of losing out. I'm more worried about the general trend that he could be representing. Seems like a good chance we'll lose at least one of our three young QBs when there is a clear starter for next year. Cross that bridge when we get to it, I suppose. But there may be some interesting years for a lot of teams in the near future if these transfers continue to be more common.

Advertisement
As of now it looks as though the team isn't pursuing a QB for 2019 class. Any thoughts on Nebraska RS Freshman Tristan Gebbia ? 4* QB #9 Pro-Style QB as per 24/7 in the 2017 class. Gebbia just withdrew from Nebraska after losing out the starting job to true Freshman QB Adrian Martinez. Does he have it in him to compete with Weldon, Perry, & Williams? Did he leave because he felt that Martinez was basically given the job because he was a Frost recruit and Gebbia wasn't?
Gebbia(#200) was ranked right behind Perry(#199) of overall players in the 2017 class.

Richt's offense is pretty complex and it would be difficult for any transfer QB to jump the talent we have. It might be fine for Miami but after a season of game experience and two camps next season, I believe the 2019 starter is already on the roster. A kid in Gebbia's position may want to go somewhere with less talent where he has a better opportunity to win the job. Add what Richt said about Burrow winning the starting job at LSU and you'd have to recognize the difficulty of trying to accomplish that.

Don’t post anymore

Advertisement
Gebbia is a west coast kid from Calabasas, he'll be transferring to a Pac-12 school.

Our starter for 2019 will be between the 2 left after one from the 3 youngins probably transfers.

Or it'll be Rosier again after petitioning for another year of eligibility lol.

If one of our four leave, I'll take him. Any blind man can see that Adrian Martinez was given because of his legs.

Only if the kid competes, otherwise he can transfer to Polk State College.

Advertisement
Back