QB Depth

Mackmiller974

All ACC
If Garcia is unable to enroll early that leaves us with Matocha and TVD for the Spring with Nkosi leaving. If King can't play the first couple of games this season that leaves us with TVD a Freshman QB, Matocha and Jake Garcia whose a true freshman and Fall Enrolle. I have no idea what's going on with Tate Martell or if he's even on the roster anymore? Do we need to look at bringing in another QB?

Advertisement
If Garcia is unable to enroll early that leaves us with Matocha and TVD for the Spring with Nkosi leaving. If King can't play the first couple of games this season that leaves us with TVD a Freshman QB, Matocha and Jake Garcia whose a true freshman and Fall Enrolle. I have no idea what's going on with Tate Martell or if he's even on the roster anymore? Do we need to look at bringing in another QB?
Yes we should look, but finding a QB who is measurably better than our current options and is willing to commit to a QB room with only a short term problem is doubtful. He'd have to bring extreme value to be worth the IC.

Valid question. What is the earliest possible date that non-EEs can be on campus?

No, don't waste an IC on a qb unless the change the rule, let the young pups learn on the go. TVD needs live action, if he is the future he should already be showing good promise.

No need to keep babying them you don't need to be a junior or senior to excel at the college level.

They have a couple walk-ons for warm-up arms. Wasn't a few seasons ago when a Kevin Olsen was our only healthy arm in the spring?

Advertisement
No, don't waste an IC on a qb unless the change the rule, let the young pups learn on the go. TVD needs live action, if he is the future he should already be showing good promise.

No need to keep babying them you don't need to be a junior or senior to excel at the college level.
Were one Injury away from Matocha as the only QB for the Spring.

Throw TVD in there against Bama. It’s not going to shatter his confidence, it’s only a valuable lesson for him. 2 things: It don’t matter if King is our QB or Pat Mahomes is the QB, we aren’t winning. (2) TVD isn’t going to see a better defense the rest of his time here, things are only going to get easier after that game

Were one Injury away from Matocha as the only QB for the Spring.
So be it, getting a qb who isn't good enough to beat an injury free King or TVD is not going to be in the two deep (or shouldn't be) once the season starts so who cares if he or Matocha is the qb in spring? We will have King, TVD, and Garcia for when the season starts

Advertisement
Advertisement
QB is set. King will be the starter for the season. Let TVD get spring reps, Garcia get fall reps, if either of them end up playing the Alabama game...Well that was a longshot to win even WITH King.

It'll be best if we just move on from Martell... I wouldn't even count him in the competition.
I don’t want him taking reps from the young guys either. My hopes are TVD and Garcia get as many reps as they can handle this spring.

Advertisement
It’s Tate time baby
Who Is This GIF by Trombone Shorty

So be it, getting a qb who isn't good enough to beat an injury free King or TVD is not going to be in the two deep (or shouldn't be) once the season starts so who cares if he or Matocha is the qb in spring? We will have King, TVD, and Garcia for when the season starts
I like TVD as a prospect, and I don't expect much from Matocha. To be fair though, Matocha's senior year he passed for 400-500 more yards than TVD did. Those yards came against Houston, and other Texas highschools vs Connecticut schools for TVD.

Martell has shown nothing, that ship has sailed. Garcia not enrolling early will set him back and no way King will be 100% ready. Hoping TVD can take a giant step forward until King can go.

You're not spending another IC on a QB once King decided to come back and Garcia signed.

Even if he misses spring and early next season there's 3 other QBs on roster, 2 of them being 4-star kids. Bringing in another kid will only complicate things with King and/or the young guys so i can't see the value in it.

Spend the IC on other positions where it's needed more.

Advertisement
Back