QB Cade Klubnik, Class of 22, Austin Westlake HS (TX)

DB4

Freshman
Not the highest ranked in the state of TX, but the kid is a baller. He's tearing it up so far in the state championship game tonight, and did well last week against North Shore. I sure hope Lashlee takes a look at the kid.

Advertisement
Doesnt look like he has P5 arm strength
You mind explaining why you think that? Because on the first play of the video he threw a ball 55 yards in the air that landed in the WR's hands in stride. Then later on, he threw an out route 26 yards in the air from the opposite hash to the far sideline for a completion. What exactly are you looking for?

Advertisement
Does that say he ran a 51.52 200? My dude ran it backwards?
I saw that too lol, I'm hoping it's a typo and they meant to say 400. I watched him play tonight, he's pretty athletic, so I'm gonna go with the typo.

Great program and is well coached

We need to be living in Texas finding guys... so many quality arms that come out every single year

You mind explaining why you think that? Because on the first play of the video he threw a ball 55 yards in the air that landed in the WR's hands in stride. Then later on, he threw an out route 26 yards in the air from the opposite hash to the far sideline for a completion. What exactly are you looking for?
Are you related to him? No need to take it personal. The ball hangs. He also winds up, which combined with (my opinion) an average to below average arm makes him an overrated prospect. He has good size and looks like a very good athlete, maybe he will develop.

Advertisement
Westlake and Lake Travis always have very good QBs. I doubt the kid leaves the state though

**** he’s slower than me. I’m a fat *** 48 year old wit 2 kids, and a love of food and drink. Has to be a typo.🤣😂🤣

Advertisement
247 National writeup on the state championship game last night. Klubnik beat Quinn Ewers 52-34 to win Texas Class 6A Div. 1 state title

Junior four-star quarterback Cade Klubnik starred in Westlake's win, earning Offensive MVP honors as he completed all but two of his 20 pass attempts for 220 yards, one touchdown, and no interceptions, while running for 97 yards and two TD's on 17 carries. We had seen Klubnik's encouraging functional athleticism as a scrambler and on the designed run every now and then, but his mobility played a major role in Westlake's offensive success against Carroll. Klubnik's participation in the 400 meters -- he owns a 51.52-second personal record -- long jump, and triple jump no doubt aid his on-field athleticism. He flashed his track stride a couple of times, particularly on a long touchdown run that was wiped out by penalty. He was very accurate as a passer, as evidenced by his numbers, and threw with a good mix of zip and touch when either was required. A top 25 overall prospect in Texas on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Klubnik will likely rise upon the next 2022 update.

Advertisement
Are you related to him? No need to take it personal. The ball hangs. He also winds up, which combined with (my opinion) an average to below average arm makes him an overrated prospect. He has good size and looks like a very good athlete, maybe he will develop.
Just because I asked you to explain your thought process doesn't mean I'm related to him or took it personal. You explained why you think he doesn't have a strong arm. I disagree (except for the windup on his release), but it's not deeper than that.

Advertisement
Back