2025 QB Board (2025 Edition): Can Mario Debunk His Recruiting Kryoptonite?

Keep Nickel by any means necessary. Give him the 2023 class Rashada NIL deal (except we'll actually pay unlike the fugazi Gates).

Advertisement
Vol fan his whole life. Super stoked to get him, going to watch some games this fall. Trying to peer recruit for us already so we may have a chance this year for a top 5 class.

Do you guys think you hold steady with the guy you got from Georgia or pursue another? I remember a lot of yall were high on his Jr year tape

I guess he wants to sit behind Nico for at least two seasons.
Nico’s junior year will be his freshman. I assume it will be Merklinger vs Macintyre for 2026 and whatever freshman we pick up that year (Fazion Brandon is the early top prospect for us apparently)

Vol fan his whole life. Super stoked to get him, going to watch some games this fall. Trying to peer recruit for us already so we may have a chance this year for a top 5 class.

Do you guys think you hold steady with the guy you got from Georgia or pursue another? I remember a lot of yall were high on his Jr year tape
We seem to be keeping our options open by having a couple higher rated arms visiting here in the spring. Probably nervous Georgia is going to steal Nickel, but Nickel does look like a stud. I think that's universally agreed by the board at this point.

“Right now the two teams that have been making me feel like a priority at Miami and Colorado.”

Iamaleava, the brother of Tennessee quarterback Nico Iamaleava, is the nation’s No. 164 overall prospect, No. 11 among signal callers and No. 15 in the state of California for the 2025 class, per the 247Sports rankings.

The Hurricanes hold a commitment from Georgia-based three-star Luke Nickel in the 2025 class but have continued to push for Iamaleava on the other side of the country.

“It’s big family ties with coach Joe Salave’a,” Iamaleava said. “He and my pops talk basically every day. We’re continuing to build that relationship and we should be taking a visit down there some time soon. I’ve been there for, but that was just a little tour, so this would be a deeper unofficial. I met coach Mario Cristobal that first time and he’s a real good guy, real down-to-earth, and he’s all business.”

Advertisement

“Right now the two teams that have been making me feel like a priority at Miami and Colorado.”

Iamaleava, the brother of Tennessee quarterback Nico Iamaleava, is the nation’s No. 164 overall prospect, No. 11 among signal callers and No. 15 in the state of California for the 2025 class, per the 247Sports rankings.

The Hurricanes hold a commitment from Georgia-based three-star Luke Nickel in the 2025 class but have continued to push for Iamaleava on the other side of the country.

“It’s big family ties with coach Joe Salave’a,” Iamaleava said. “He and my pops talk basically every day. We’re continuing to build that relationship and we should be taking a visit down there some time soon. I’ve been there for, but that was just a little tour, so this would be a deeper unofficial. I met coach Mario Cristobal that first time and he’s a real good guy, real down-to-earth, and he’s all business.”

Just saw that on 247. Coach Joe Putting in work

Do we stand any chance or is he a Tennessee lock with his brother?

Just saw that on 247. Coach Joe Putting in work
IMG_0433.jpeg

Advertisement
Will Griffin is a pretty high ranked composite 4* now. Wasn't ranked when we originally offered.

Advertisement
Clayton
Before earning MVP of the quarterback group on Sunday, Clayton was among the large contingent of visitors to spend Saturday at Miami. The Hurricanes made a major impression on the in-state star and could have some staying power in his recruitment.

Hart

Hart’s last three visits were to Notre Dame, Florida and then Miami over the weekend and the red carpet was rolled out on each stop.
While the Irish and Hurricanes joined the offer list earlier this year, Florida is the newest tender and the program wasted no time getting the double legacy talent to Gainesville to begin contending

Katz

Among the programs having offered, Miami, Louisville, South Florida and Appalachian State have been steady with the rising sophomore.

Lawrence

The 2028 passer has been building hype since middle school and he showed just why on Sunday. Miami and Nebraska are already on the scholarship offer list despite Lawrence’s youth, and many programs will flock to South Florida this spring for a closer look at his arm talent.

Advertisement
Bell was patient as usual on the gridiron, hitting his underneath receivers and taking deep shots when available. His varied quarterbacking style is part of why the class of 2026 signal-caller is 247's No. 21 recruit in the nation. He's also up to 200 pounds. As Bell stated, "It was much needed."
Discussing his recruitment, Dia, and his father Raja Bell, are still taking trips and looking into several programs. Coming up soon, a visit to State College, Pa. for the Elite 11 event and a stop at Penn State. Texas will receive an unofficial visit in May. Miami is still heavily involved along with several other suitors as well.

Advertisement
Back