2024 QB Board (2024 Edition)

Advertisement
OP updated w/new offers and switch over to the new table format. Time permitting, all the position threads will transition to tables rather than lists. It will take time to populate all the cells.

Advertisement
[BGCOLOR=initial]The plan at QB appears to be recruit lower rated (aka cheap) players with traits and hope they hit, and then spend the real money on transfers.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]The plan at QB appears to be recruit lower rated (aka cheap) players with traits and hope they hit, and then spend the real money on transfers.[/BGCOLOR]

It may have to be the pivot due to what @JayCane20 shared around the time Noland chose Ohio State over Miami, which is that we unfortunately had no traction with any other top QB recruit at the time. @1murhurricane has also previously shared that the staff had fumbled the Lagway recruitment a while back.

But I don’t think that’s an actual plan or else Mario never would’ve made a run at Rashada last year or Noland this year in the first place. There are some on this board who’ve taken this stance only after it became apparent that we’d land Judd just 24 hours before Noland committed to OSU earlier this spring.

There isn’t a single serious program that would ever take that approach on purpose. If someone like Lagway or Noland circled back around and truly wanted to come here as long as they were given a legit NIL offer, do you seriously think Mario would turn them away because he doesn’t believe in spending real money on a top QB recruit?

If spending big on a QB to be named later via the portal is what we have to do as a result of being unable to land a premier QB recruit so far, then we’ll just have to hope for the best. But it shouldn’t be spun as an actual strategy as if the staff isn’t trying to recruit top QB’s. We’ve just been unable to land one yet. Hopefully we can with a great offensive season.

Last edited:

“What excites me about the Hurricanes is the resume of the coaching staff,” Hewlett told 247Sports. “Coach (Mario) Cristobal is a winner and Coach Dawson is a great offensive mind and knows how to recruit, there is no ceiling on how good Miami could be, and the talent they’re bringing in these next recruiting classes definitely shows that!”

Love his coach.

Advertisement
25 QB Ryan Montgomery update

"Young quarterback that looks the part. Sounds like he and coach Dawson are building a nice relationship. He says he really wants to get down and see Miami this fall.

He visited Florida this off-season. Sounds like the Gators are the top competition right now. Georgia is also in there. He’s asked about a potential two quarterback class at Ohio State and he doesn’t seem enthused about that idea."

"From my understanding, this is Miami’s top quarterback target in the Class of 2025." - 247’s update from the Future 50 Media Day

Advertisement
Hour away from me. Nearly certain McDevitt is district 3 which would mean he plays pretty good comp. Not quite district 1, 7, or 11 but still good. Same HS as Shady McCoy.
Have you seen him play live? Highlights look good for whatever that's worth. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
Have you seen him play live? Highlights look good for whatever that's worth. Go Canes 🏈
Literally 15 minutes from me. My high school Cedar Cliff (Kyle Brady, Coy Wire) used to play them every year until they redistributed the conferences. Small private school that plays bigger competition. Same school as LeSean McCoy and Ricky Watters. Maybe I'll catch a game this season...

Advertisement
Back