2024 QB Board (2024 Edition)

Advertisement
25 QB Ryan Montgomery update

Findlay (Ohio) 2025 four-star quarterback Ryan Montgomery has Miami “on the short list for a visit,” according to his father, Mike, after Hurricanes offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson dropped by Findlay on Tuesday afternoon to watch Ryan work out.

Dad said it was a big deal to Ryan to see Dawson make the trip to watch his workout, and there’s mutual interest on both sides for the No. 11 2025 quarterback in the On3 Industry Ranking. Ryan is also the No. 162 overall recruit in his class.

“At the end of the day, it’s showing the interest and importance of Ryan in (Dawson) being here,” Findlay head coach Stefan Adams told CaneSport. “Of course, seeing the tape, seeing the film and then seeing what he’s putting out there this offseason and how he’s progressing mentally and physically, I think it was pretty clear (Dawson) is impressed with where he’s at right now in his quarterback development.”

Montgomery has gained 35 pounds from his freshman year to jump from 180 pounds to 215 pounds to go along with his 6-foot-5 frame, which has helped him stand out to more than two dozen programs, and has taken strides in his quarterback play that impressed Dawson, Adams said.

“Our conversation was simply (Dawson saying), ‘Man, I just love how much he loves the game,'” Adams said. “‘I can tell how much of a passion he has for the game.’ And obviously his arm talent, his body, where he’s at physically and how much he’s developed, it’s pretty impressive.”

Dawson didn’t shy away from telling Adams about the interest the Canes hold in the four-star signal caller either.

“It’s high,” Adams said. “I think sometimes you can tell certain things when you see it on film, but then you see it in action, mechanics and so forth, and you can tell he’s talented. But also everything he’s heard about Ryan, he confirmed who (1) the family is, what they’re about and (2) who he is as a person.”

Cincinnati, Akron and several non-Division I schools were also present to Ryan’s workout Tuesday. Clemson, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State have dropped in to check up on Ryan during the evaluation period. Adams said LSU, Penn State, Minnesota, Auburn and South Carolina are also planning to visit Findlay during the evaluation period.

Mike said Ryan would ideally take his first unofficial visit to Miami sometime this summer.

CaneSport’s Take
There was initially some question about how former quarterback coach Frank Ponce’s departure would affect Ryan’s Miami recruitment, but Dawson moved quickly enough to ensure he feels like an important target under Miami’s revamped offensive staff. However, the Canes will continue to face stiff competition from Big Ten powers like Ohio State and Michigan.

Advertisement

Animated GIF

BEAR?

Advertisement
Advertisement
this is a '24 qb thread filled with '25 recruits

Yeah, maybe when @lindend has time, can start a '25 thread for QB

My goal for all of the position board threads is to understand the coach's board and associated priority for the next 3-4 cycles so this is intentional. The 24 board will include offers for the 24, 25, 26 and even 27 cycles. When the 24 cycle is complete, a 25 board will be created with info on the 25, 26, 27 and 28 cycles etc. and the OP list moved over (this is what happened when the 23 cycle finished in December)

The OP for this thread and all the individual board threads has a list of all outstanding offers with 24 priority recruits at the top followed by all 24 offers so its pretty easy to track if you want to know what's happening in the current cycle.

The reason for creating this board it seemed like we were doing nothing at numerous positions last year. The boards got created and then we got a flood of commits shortly thereafter. In reality, the coaches are working 2-3 years out and you really can't understand/appreciate what will happen in the current cycle if you can't see the entire picture. Furthermore, kids reclassify so if/when that happens, we're already set.

Anyways, that's the background on the position boards. 3-4 year visibility and its intentional.

Advertisement

“What excites me about the Hurricanes is the resume of the coaching staff,” Hewlett told 247Sports. “Coach (Mario) Cristobal is a winner and Coach Dawson is a great offensive mind and knows how to recruit, there is no ceiling on how good Miami could be, and the talent they’re bringing in these next recruiting classes definitely shows that!”

Advertisement
Back