Pylon 7on7 Tidbits Per 247

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
• Carol City wide receiver Kevaughn Dingle was one of the most explosive players in South Florida last season, averaging 29 yards per catch. “I just try to make plays happen,” Dingle said. “That is why they call me The Playmaker.” Miami head coach Mark Richt has taken notice and has let Dingle know that he is a top target for the Hurricanes in the 2017 class. Dingle calls Miami his leader and he plans to visit UM for the junior day on February 20th. He also claims offers from Kentucky, Cincinnati, Toledo, West Virginia, Central Florida, and Kansas.

• Four-star wide receiver Jerry Jeudy says Alabama and Miami are showing the strongest interest at this point in his recruitment. Jeudy hopes to visit Miami soon and start building a relationship with the new coaching staff. “Coach Dugans has reached out to me and we have talked a little bit,” Jeudy said. Jeudy has a good relationship with current Alabama sophomore Calvin Ridley. Alabama appears to be the team to beat at this point.

• Ocala Vanguard QB N’Kosi Perry recently decommitted from Miami because he wanted to explore his options. Perry says he is still interested in Miami and is building a relationship with coach Mark Richt. “Miami is still a school that I am looking at,” Perry said. “Coach Richt is a great coach. He keeps it honest with me and he keeps it real. He gives it to me straight.” Perry is looking strongly at Tennessee, Auburn, and Louisville. Perry admits he wants to play in a spread offense in college.

• Cardinal Gibbons S Daniel Wright plans to attend Miami’s junior day on February 20th. He had a little relationship with Mark Richt when he was at Georgia and Wright is looking forward to connecting with him again at UM. “I am excited about the new defense that they are going to be running there, so it is something I definitely want to look at,” Wright said. Wright plans to visit Florida State, Clemson, Alabama, and LSU over the spring and summer.

RB James Cook (Photo: David Lake, 247Sports)
• Miami Central LB commit Waynmon Steed missed his junior season with a shoulder injury. He was just cleared to resume football actives and has bulked up to 228 points. Steed said he would like to drop some of the weight that he has put on. “I am trying to get used to carrying my weight now. I will probably slim down a little bit,” Steed said. He plans on attending the Miami junior day on January 20th and looks forward to spending more time with the coaching staff.

• St. Thomas Aquinas WR Mike Harley one of the fastest receivers in Florida this year. He has been clocked at a 4.4 in the 40 and has a best of 10.6 in the 100 meters. He is up to 16 offers and has one from Miami. His most recent offers are from Mississippi State, West Virginia, and Syracuse. The new UM coaching staff has shown Harley interest and he admits that the Hurricanes are his top school at the moment. Harley will not attend Miami’s junior day because he has a track meet.

• Miramar safety Brian Edwards plans on attending Miami’s junior day on February 20th. “I hear from Miami a lot,” Edwards said. He is excited to see the new atmosphere that the new coaching staff will bring to UM as they install a new attacking 4-3 system on defense. Edwards admits that at the moment Miami is his top school. Edwards recently picked up an offer from Kentucky. He also has offers from North Carolina and Louisville.

• WR Emmanuel Greene was a big 2017 target for Al Golden’s coaching staff. Greene had a strong relationship with former wide receivers coach Kevin Beard. Greene admits he hasn’t heard much from the new Miami coaching staff. He is looking strongly at Ohio State and West Virginia along with Florida and Florida State.

• Southridge TE commit Kemore Gamble hasn’t heard much from the new Miami coaching staff, but he says he is still firmly committed to Miami. “I met coach Richt last summer at a camp at Georgia and he was a great guy,” Gamble said. Schools like Florida, North Carolina, and N.C. State are showing strong interest.

• Class of 2019 Miami Central running back James Cook was wearing a Miami sweatshirt prior to the event. Cook admits that he is a fan of the Hurricanes. “They are the hometown team, so of course they are who I like,” Cook said. Cook is excited about Mark Richt’s offense because it is a system that highlights the running back.

• Cornerback Christopher Henderson committed to Miami on Friday after taking an unofficial visit there. He is excited about the new coaching staff and the opportunity for early playing time that the Hurricanes can provide at cornerback. “Coach Rumph is a great guy and he can teach us the way he did it to make it to the NFL,” Henderson said. “That is big to have a coach like that.” Henderson is 6-feet-1 and has been clocked at a 4.4 in the 40.

• Miami Columbus cornerback Trajan Bandy is an undersized cornerback, but he is feisty and plays with great instincts. Bandy has offers from schools like Clemson, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, and LSU. Bandy has not received an offer from Miami, but he hopes the Hurricanes show him interest soon. “They are the hometown school, so I hope they come around,” Bandy said. Bandy finished his junior season with five interceptions and eight pass break ups.

• Glades Central QB James Blackman was offered by the previous coaching staff. He is starting to hear from Mark Richt and is interested in getting to know the new coach at Miami. At 6-feet-5 and 165 pounds, Blackman has a live arm and has plenty of weight and strength to add. He threw for 2,111 yards with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions. Louisville is currently the team to beat for Blackman. He is interested in playing for a pro-style offense.

• Cornerback commit Nick Roberts plans to visit Miami on February 26th for an unofficial visit. He admits that he hasn’t communicated too much with the new coaching staff, so he hopes to start building a relationship during that trip. “My commitment to Miami is very strong,” Roberts said. “They are a prestigious football school and have great academics.” Roberts goes to the same high school that current UM linebackers Shaquille Quarterman and Darrion Owens attended and is excited about the opportunity to play with them at the college level. Roberts says Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Michigan State are still showing interest.

• Linebacker commit Tyler Dunning has not heard from the new Miami coaching staff and he says his recruitment is open, but he doesn’t want to officially decommit yet. “I haven’t really heard from them, so I am looking at other schools right now,” Dunning said. “I am looking at my other options.” Dunning primarily played on the defensive line at St. Thomas Aquinas. Dunning says Syracuse, Kentucky, and Pittsburgh are showing a lot of interest right now and are standing out.

Advertisement
Looks like gamble, roberts, and dunning is about to be dropped. Also I thought dunning was supposed to be a highly ranked guy and syracuse, pitt, and uk are showing the most interest?

Looks like gamble, roberts, and dunning is about to be dropped. Also I thought dunning was supposed to be a highly ranked guy and syracuse, pitt, and uk are showing the most interest?

Pretty sure Roberts is not being dropped.

Advertisement
I don't think it means those guys are going to necessarily get dropped. I think a lot will be play over the next couple weeks. If they continue to not hear from UM over the next couple weeks, they will be dropped. Let's see after Jr day. Love that a lot of local kids are listing UM as the favorite.

Advertisement

This. No chance

There is a strong chance. There is a reason the staff is not talking to him. Roberts isn't a can't miss prospect so he can be replaced.

They just took henderson. U got davis at southridge, brini, marco and I'm sure richt will go after a couple national guys.

Advertisement
Quantino Allen.. Certified Goon?

CbH9uWbWcAA_xFa.jpg

A WR class that doesn't include Manny Greene is **** near a failure. He is this years Ahmmon Richards as far as importance. He is the truth. I'm hoping this is just a miscommunication. We would basically be passing on the DeSean Jackson.

This. No chance

There is a strong chance. There is a reason the staff is not talking to him. Roberts isn't a can't miss prospect so he can be replaced.

They just took henderson. U got davis at southridge, brini, marco and I'm sure richt will go after a couple national guys.

He's literally evaluating everybody like this is actually harder then when he first came because he has to recruit past guys from hod UGA days and now local guys/commits so nobody is getting great attention. Give it till the summer and you'll know their interest

Advertisement
A WR class that doesn't include Manny Greene is **** near a failure. He is this years Ahmmon Richards as far as importance. He is the truth. I'm hoping this is just a miscommunication. We would basically be passing on the DeSean Jackson.

No where need a **** near failure... It's a lot of good receivers in this class.

No where need a **** near failure... It's a lot of good receivers in this class.

Greene is elite it would be if we dont get him

We will be okay with or without him....there are plenty of good recievers in and out of the state

Advertisement
Back