PWO QB commit from Heritage-Delray.....

Advertisement
Can someone explain the difference between a preferred walk-on and a regular walk-on?
And has a walk-on of any kind ever made a big splash for us? (I know that’s not necessarily what they’re for. Just curious.)

Can someone explain the difference between a preferred walk-on and a regular walk-on?
And has a walk-on of any kind ever made a big splash for us? (I know that’s not necessarily what they’re for. Just curious.)

They get access to some of the regulated ncaa benefits ....free access to food is one of them. Idk the rest

And has a walk-on of any kind ever made a big splash for us?

Albert Bentley was a walk-on and was a key player at RB on the '83 national championship team.

ALBERT-BENTLEY-MIAMI-HURRICANES-1983-NATIONAL-CHAMPS.jpg

Aside from him, I don't think there have been too many impact walk-ons.

Advertisement
PWO is offered a guaranteed spot on the team before he arrives. A regular walk on has to attend a try out while already enrolled in school to make the team. Once on the team, all players, scholarship and walk on have the same access to everything except walk ons get one free meal a day where scholarship athletes get all of them paid for.

Advertisement
**** Richt really filling up the cupboard with great walkons to challenge the Scholly kids

Cant ever remember getting quality PWOs like this

PWO is offered a guaranteed spot on the team before he arrives. A regular walk on has to attend a try out while already enrolled in school to make the team. Once on the team, all players, scholarship and walk on have the same access to everything except walk ons get one free meal a day where scholarship athletes get all of them paid for.

Many thanks...

Advertisement
In case you guys havent figured it out, all of the pwo's have great gpa's. Somebody is gonna have to do all the homework while the starters watch film and ball out.

Advertisement
Joaquin Gonzalez and Carlos Huertas if my memory serves me correctly were walk ons and both became All Americans and key players for the U.

Advertisement
Back