Putting Series Loss to BC Into Perspective

soysoy05

Sophomore
Before this weekend:

BC was 294th (out of 296) in the nation with a BA of .208. They're ahead of 4-35 Mississippi Valley St. and 6-29 Chicago State.
BC was 289th in the nation with an OBP of .301.
BC averaged 3.3 runs per game, good for 287th in the nation.

BC was 273rd in the nation in ERA at 6.18. Second worst of Power 6 conferences only to Purdue at 6.96.
BC was 268th in WHIP.

BC was 242nd in the nation in fielding percentage at .952.

They're 184th in RPI, right behind Eastern Illinois and ahead of Western Michigan. Only power 6 conference school worse is Purdue at 195.

Not only did we lose a game to them, we lost a series to them. It's time for Morris to go, now.

Advertisement
Never seen Miami lose a series to a team that bad, and I've been a fan for 30 years.
Makes me sad.

Losing a series to BC was flat-out embarassing.
But no one should be surprised.
This team is a joke.
And LULZ at the Baghdadi Foreign Ministry workers posting on Grassy's baseball
site, making all kinds of excuses for Morris.

Poor recruiting and even poorer coaching. Morris has to go. UM needs players that can hit for average and power. No more bunting with 2 on and no out with your clean up hitter. F'n little league BS from Morris.

Morris was completely washed up last year after that reaming he took in the Regionals. That was embarassing. This is even worst. He really needs to retire at the end of the season!!

Advertisement
I am not an insider, but I did talk to a former player who has stayed around the program and he says Morris is a completely different person these days when compared to ten years ago when we were winning titles. Not as focused, not as passionate about the game and apperantly it's due to a lot of life changes etc. Either way, it does seem it's time to make a change.

Advertisement
Canes need to look at mark Calvi at South Alabama. He is doing a great job in 2nd year in Mobile. He has winning pedigree as top assistant @ South carolina. They have a better than decent chance to host regional in Mobile, which will be a first! South Alabama has the highest RPI of all mid majors! Miami needs to contact him before the $ec comes a calling!

Canes need to look at mark Calvi at South Alabama. He is doing a great job in 2nd year in Mobile. He has winning pedigree as top assistant @ South carolina. They have a better than decent chance to host regional in Mobile, which will be a first! South Alabama has the highest RPI of all mid majors! Miami needs to contact him before the $ec comes a calling!

Absolutely. He's from down here, no?

Advertisement
Back