Put Your Big Boy Pants On And Let's Talk Miami Recruiting

D

deleted3746

If you're a ****** Nole or a douchebag Gator, stay the fugg out of this thread, KTHXDIAF.

Now let's get some depressing fuggin facts out of the way:

1. Our Canes haven't been to a BCS bowl since they beat the ***gots of Florida St. in the 2004 Orange Bowl.

2. Our Canes haven't won more than 9 games since the 2003 Canes went 11-2.

3. Our Canes haven't won a bowl game since the 2006 Idaho Bowl vs Nevada.

4. Our Canes have never won the ACC.

5. Our Canes have never played in the ACC CG.

In short, our Canes haven't been relevant in 10 years. These recruits leaving S FL want to play for a winner or a program that is relevant. Not all recruits will buy what Golden is selling without seeing results on the field. Golden has to win. No more losses to inferior teams. Golden needs to beat Florida St., Golden needs to win the ACC, and Golden needs to go to a BCS Bowl.

Kids will always leave S FL but if our Canes are to have a better chance of keeping local ballers home, Golden has to win.

44.gif

Advertisement
And despite all of that, we still have a great class. Again.

We'll be alright.

Op is my favorite poster. On another note Gators really starting to think they have pulled aheadintheLa e sweepstakes. That see was out of left field as Clark. I really can't stand Muscunt especially knowing he trashes
Miami when recruiting.

Advertisement
Op is my favorite poster. On another note Gators really starting to think they have pulled aheadintheLa e sweepstakes. That see was out of left field as Clark. I really can't stand Mus**** especially knowing he trashes
Miami when recruiting.

Payback is a beatch! Sept 7th can't come soon enough.

If you're a ****** Nole or a douchebag Gator, stay the fugg out of this thread, KTHXDIAF.

1. Our Canes haven't been to a BCS bowl since they beat the ***gots of Florida St. in the 2004 Orange Bowl.

In short, our Canes haven't been relevant in 10 years. These recruits leaving S FL want to play for a winner or a program that is relevant. Not all recruits will buy what Golden is selling without seeing results on the field. Golden has to win. No more losses to inferior teams. Golden needs to beat Florida St., Golden needs to win the ACC, and Golden needs to go to a BCS Bowl.

Kids will always leave S FL but if our Canes are to have a better chance of keeping local ballers home, Golden has to win.

44.gif

Kids are bandwagon riders , just look at all the Heat uniforms and fans the last few years . They're not like us old ***** who stick by our teams for years. Once your team sucks or somebody else dominates they jump off to that wagon.

It's just the era we live in. We must win to get kids Ala and Lsu land, it's just that simple.

That being said, we're still recruiting at a high level especially with all shadows and negative recruiting going on. There's lots of schools that would love our last two classes and they aren't dealing with death penalty and probation rumors.

If we win 10-11 games the flood gates will open.

Best post of the year. We all love the Canes but to be honest at this moment we are not relevant. 2013 will change that and recruiting will change with it. You have become the best poster on the site

The season can't come soon enough. Winning cures all ills. We've been doing pretty **** good in recruiting in spite of all the obstacles that we all know of already. Unfortunately, there is that one ******* position we can't get right at.

I guess it could be much worse. Just revisit one of those threads where they went through some of Shannon's classes and the entire class pretty much ended up as total **** except for 2 or 3 kids. And we weren't even on probation or the cloud of probation then.

I really think our recruiting has been stellar except for DT. And if you think of what it would be if we weren't on probation, I really think there are more than a couple handfulls of top recruits we lost because of this mess.

We just have to be patient. There is no other course. We are The U and the rest of the CFB world wants to keep us down. I whole heartedly believe Golden is the guy to get us back to the top. He is navigating us through rough waters and when we come out the other side good things will be there.

Advertisement
You know this is going to be a turning point year for the canes

The NCAA crap should finally be resolved and I really believe with the adjustments and late pick ups AL has made for this team
we will be heading to a 9+ winning season

Our recruiting class is extremely solid even compared to other top programs like the SEC...the rankings may not show it because Miami
does not have the notoriety just yet...but its coming...You tell me another school that finds KAAYA (a unsung QB in Cali) and now he
is top on a lot of boards like Rivals and Scout...Who would have thought a LB that had not seen the field in almost a year in a half would be able to come in to the spring and turn heads....The stars are coming...But one thing you have to love is this STAFF CAN EVALUATE
that is what Is most important...I have seen so many schools with the likes of UF and USC pull in top classes and Unless you have a staff
that can really develop, coach, and train..

Its not always the staffs fault if we don't get every single kid...they have been fighting a battle
NCAA cloud for 2-3 years
A bare cupboard of talent
Entitled kids and 5* players (i.e. seantrel Henderson, plus more)
a **** poor fan base
Al has done a good job so far...So lets not freak out and call for his head every single time

A lot of these kids that are so high ranked are just mystified by the $EC allure and it is clear that they are not getting true guidance from parents and coaches
A lot of kids including their parents are taking deals...But if they really look and see no one can really do things with so little talent then this staff does
Al has picked solid coaches that are going off getting better jobs...THE D WILL GET BETTER THIS YEAR...

Our staff does wonders and when the talent level continues to improve we will see dominance return in a major way..

I have full confidence in this staff the direction we are going we just got to hang in there....

Last edited:

44.gif

Kids are bandwagon riders , just look at all the Heat uniforms and fans the last few years . They're not like us old ***** who stick by our teams for years. Once your team sucks or somebody else dominates they jump off to that wagon.

It's just the era we live in. We must win to get kids Ala and Lsu land, it's just that simple.

That being said, we're still recruiting at a high level especially with all shadows and negative recruiting going on. There's lots of schools that would love our last two classes and they aren't dealing with death penalty and probation rumors.

This was the first time ive ever felt positive in the past 3 years

Defense has to show huge improvement if we want to start landing big time players there. I think our offense is going to light the scoreboard up, and be good enough to carry us to ten wins. But if recruits are still watching our dline continue to be as irrelevant as they've been, we're going to keep seeing the same results in our recruiting for the position.

Advertisement
Hey OP what south FL recruits are we missing out on? Miami always recruited well nationally when they were kicking the **** out of CFB. Quit acting like we have to have south FL kids to do big things. We have never and never will get everybody in south FL. You make a history lesson post but forgot to mention this. Also, if some of these super star highschool south FL "kids" want to go to FSwho or UFag then let them get the **** gone! Golden will find someone bigger, faster, and stronger than them. Once the train is rolling these fools will jump onboard.

Great post. Put to bed the b.s. that we have to get all So FL kids. Run down the list of Cane greats and see PA,NJ, MS, TX, LA, CA and many others. Sure we have had greats from here also but it is not an exclusive club. I hear people blame poor attendance on the lack of local kids. B.S. Winning is all that matters down here. Did you see the Heat fans bailing out in game 6! The key for THE U has been and still is QB! There is a type of qb we win NCs with, period. Smart, not so athletic pocket passers, who study hard and make few mistakes. Since they can't run much, they stay until the last moment for the pass. The two best qbs we ever had were Kelly and Vinnie. Both were serious athletics with big arms. Both were successful NFL types but no NCs. Vinnie was my favorite to watch but give me Steve Walsh every day all day. What the staff did with Harris in one year and now Morris is fantastic. Now they have a couple more in the works and two really good looking mone come in. It should not be overlooked that the QB issue has been addressed redundantly. Of course the DT problems remains, but going to the 3-4 makes DEs and LBs more important. Looks like DTs out of reach at the moment so we have to live with it.
Last year's class is sick with offense. The aftermarket additions the staff has pulled in made it really nice. We will put serious pressure on everyone. D obviously need more help but looks like staff is addressing it and not just with defensive players. That Oline recruiting indicates some plowing will go on in the future with a little more time coming off the clock to give D rest.
The most interesting thing is the fact that this staff offers unknown kids and the next thing all the big boys are jumping on them. That says something big. EVERYONE is paying attention to what we are doing, even though we have won crap for a dozen years. You can understand if Bama offered some kid, everyone would. Or LSU offers a db or Dline. But us! Says two things, they are still scared shi...less of us ADD they respect this staff. Sure they take 5* from us, but they even chase our unknowns. I like that. Ten wins with one being the swamp scum or Wide Right, and recruiting will glow. We are back already, we just can't see it yet.

Advertisement

44.gif

example : I grew up loving alabama....... wait what? alabama just got good 4 years ago and before that was like a 3 win program

the recruits will come no need to worry in the words of Al Davis "Just Win Baby"

When Miami wins 9+ games... It's over.

I don't know about it being over, but we will end up flipping some of these kids. I know what I'm about to say is such a Radio cliche, but it's a process. Golden will get the right kids here and if we miss on the local studs like Clark, Cook or Lane it will take us longer to get where we want to but we will get there. The Clark commitment was a shot in the gut, but I'm over it, all I want to do is start winning, I don't need 11 or 12 wins, I'll start with 9, and it will make a world of difference.

Advertisement
Back