Put It On Paper - Predict Our Finish In Total Defense

Advertisement
lol that 116th out 120 ranking is so terrible its funny

but i think Miami's defense improves from 116th (lol) to 45th.... i think a "weaker" schedule and improvement along the d-line will push the rankings up drastically in one year.

44th total D......only due to the teams we play...GT is the only team that should over 300 yards on the ground on us....

Great topic

but i think Miami's defense improves from 116th (lol) to 45th.... i think a "weaker" schedule and improvement along the d-line will push the rankings up drastically in one year.

I think they'll be between 30th-50th range. We're looking at a major jump this year. I also went and looked for some teams to compare to and found FSU as a good comparison. In 2009 FSU had an abysmal season on defense due to poor recruiting and development of talent just like Miami went through. They were ranked 108th. In 2010 FSU's defense jumped to 42nd. Miami is set for a jump just like that IMO.

Advertisement

I think they'll be between 30th-50th range. We're looking at a major jump this year. I also went and looked for some teams to compare to and found FSU as a good comparison. In 2009 FSU had an abysmal season on defense due to poor recruiting and development of talent just like Miami went through. They were ranked 108th. In 2010 FSU's defense jumped to 42nd. Miami is set for a jump just like that IMO.

A jump like that for UM should be expected and if D'onofrio is anything worth his salt then he is going to have to get it done.

FSU's jump from 108 to 42 also coincided with them hiring a DC worth a ****.

Less than 20 points/game.
2 more sacks a game and 1 more turnover a game from last year.

What ever that ranks us is fine with me.

Advertisement
Does Total defense includes yards?

If so our DC doesnt value it, so I will say 100 and include that he says that is a major step in the right direction and he deserves a raise.

Miami is in great hands on defense. Golden was a stud DC and Coach D's defense at Temple was nasty. When Coach D builds a monster and gets a new gig as a HC somewhere you'll be hoping that new DC that Golden hires is as good as him.

44th!

We have some teams FAU, Savanah St, USF that we should shut down completely. Virginia and Duke better get trucked this year too. Wake Forest, Pitt and VT arent offensive Juggernauts.

Comes down to Florida, FSU, GT and UNC. If we hold those teams to avg less than 24 it will be successful.

44th!

We have some teams FAU, Savanah St, USF that we should shut down completely. Virginia and Duke better get trucked this year too. Wake Forest, Pitt and VT arent offensive Juggernauts.

Comes down to Florida, FSU, GT and UNC. If we hold those teams to avg less than 24 it will be successful.

24 yards will be tough.

Advertisement

Miami is in great hands on defense. Golden was a stud DC and Coach D's defense at Temple was nasty. When Coach D builds a monster and gets a new gig as a HC somewhere you'll be hoping that new DC that Golden hires is as good as him.

What planet do you live on?

Good one! Way to make a case proving Coach D is such a turrible DC. Fans like you remind me of the early Butch years. You have zero patience or vision.

Advertisement

Good one! Way to make a case proving Coach D is such a turrible DC. Fans like you remind me of the early Butch years. You have zero patience or vision.

I have to make a case that he's a disaster? WTF are you talking about? I just rummaged through my garage and couldn't find a **** to give that he shut down Villanova 5 years ago. He's a clown of a coach and he'll be the damnation of Golden if he's kept on.

Advertisement
Back