Punt Block

S

selectsix

Doc Holiday "we blocked 6 punts this year and won all 6 games"

Seriously, when was the last time we blocked a punt? 6 years ago, maybe???

Advertisement
seems like every time we try we get a roughing call. I cringe when I see the punt block formation

I don't see as many blocked punts anymore overall in college. People been studying Beamer I guess.

I don't see as many blocked punts anymore overall in college. People been studying Beamer I guess.

6 in one year by one team is a lot so its doable. a punt block every other game is sick. at least Al came after the punter this year but Blandy's brainwashing below 0 football IQ had the hit the punter instead of the ball

Advertisement
Golden has begun to rebuild our special teams, but prior to him they were a mess under Coker and Shannon. Butch and Soldinger had our STs playing at an elite level to the point that teams were mentally stressed to kick FGs or punts against us. Urban Meyer did this, coached STs himself, and it made a huge difference. In fact, they won a game on a blocked FG that helped put them in the national title game. It might have been against Ole Miss or Arkanasas. My point is that STs play well when they are prioritized.

Advertisement
Back