Pump your brakes on a 2020 season.

Your information is completely inaccurate and nonsensical. Do you know what a 53% drop in GDP would look like in a country like Germany? The number is 5.3% in a worst case scenario.

Your sheeples act is entertaining and just as much of a “sheeples” act on this board. But that’s all it is. Your argument that the world doesn’t revolve around people’s losses is laughable when more than 80,000 people and counting have died of the virus in the States. Actually, the world does revolve around their losses with numbers like that. It’s in a time like this that the federal government is especially needed to provide leadership to individual states. 1.4 million people have been confirmed infected with the virus, for some it’s nothing and for others it’s a death sentence. So this isn’t a 1 in a billion thing.

If you’re going to try and make a smart argument about states rights and individual freedoms by all means make it and there are some valid points to make, just make sure you get the numbers right and don’t “tough guy” degrade other people’s experiences with the virus.

Oh goodness...typo...

I meant to say ~15.3%...my bad...and right to call me on it

now, back to your hysterical pearl clutching...

Advertisement
It’s America it should be your choice. To stay home or not. It’s America! You can believe what you want to believe. That‘s what makes America great. Telling people what they can and can’t do isn’t America. That’s a bad alternative. They can ask, but they can’t tell.

Not a bad point from a simplistic and agenda driven analysis.

Wholly wrong to compare the two, but I can understand why someone who has your worldview would bring that up.

Next.

Both affected way of life, both will cost us north of 10 trillion, both affected world travel. Both were catalyst to erode civil liberties now andnin the future. They have a lot of similarities.

Because rushing this process to get back to normalcy has a significant chance to harm people more effectively and more deaths absolutely will occur that shouldn’t happen. People are putting the economy over lives at this point which is utterly crazy to see.
The purpose was to avoid the high spike in cases that would overwhelm hospitals. It was never to keep everyone shut in until a vaccine is available or 70% of the population got it. This is insane. We know exactly who is vulnerable. Why not target protecting them instead of this shotgun approach?

When does this end? What if there's never a vaccine?

Advertisement
Aside from him owning the board with 2 other Mods, no other mod wants anything to do with that Covid board from what I can tell. It’s entirely his domain.
I wander if I wood bee alive twoday without the life saving information disPenced on the covid board. Please thank Anne Drool four me.

No, but I know two families with kids that had it and it was just a nothingburger cold to them. The stats reflect that too for anyone NOT high risk.
That’s good. Neither have I but I’ve had 2 close friends fear for their lives with it. Couldn’t breathe and had to call ambulance on themselves. Made a full recovery after weeks, both in their mid 30s active and healthy.

Advertisement
People are putting the economy over lives at this point which is utterly crazy to see.
That's an inaccurate and counterproductive way to look at it, brock. This has never been an analysis of life vs death; it's an analysis of death vs death. If we were facing coronavirus in a vacuum with the sole goal of limiting COVID impact as much as possible, then your statement would hold water. But when you look at the big picture and realize it's a balancing act between continued economic devastation of lockdown and the various carnage that will bring on our country (including its fair share of death) and battling the virus, one should be able to see that as a nation any move away from "lockdown until everyone feels safe" does not equate to "they are prioritizing their wallets over people's lives". That's sensationalism, nothing more.

Both affected way of life, both will cost us north of 10 trillion, both affected world travel. Both were catalyst to erode civil liberties now andnin the future. They have a lot of similarities.

Again, from an imcredibly simistic sense.

The root cause and rationale for response are worlds apart.

You do actually bring up a good point however--the cost of veteran care for the next 70 years or so will rival the execution costs of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Fun Fact: I was not a huge fan of the premise for Iraq II, but don't recall being asked for my go/no-go input...😐

Because rushing this process to get back to normalcy has a significant chance to harm people more effectively and more deaths absolutely will occur that shouldn’t happen. People are putting the economy over lives at this point which is utterly crazy to see.

That is just wrong. Makes certain groups of people feel.good to say that, but just wrong.

Where are you on speed limits? Should we reduce them to 10 mph while we are focused on "putting economy over lives"?

Oh goodness...typo...

I meant to say ~15.3%...my bad...and right to call me on it

now, back to your hysterical pearl clutching...
Funny you reference the New York Times for this information, the granddaddy of all pearl clutching media according to the Fox News groupies around here...anyhow, the article states the 5 percent decrease in GDP, now saying could get as bad as 12%.

You can’t have a once a century pandemic and not expect financial consequences. It sucks for everyone. I’ve lost tens of thousands of dollars, I’m not kidding, in future earnings. It hurts, people are hurting worse than me, but people around here acting like we can have a pandemic and prosper at the same time. I want to get back on track, my kids to go back to school, but I also think this is nothing to play with.

Advertisement
Your information is completely inaccurate and nonsensical. Do you know what a 53% drop in GDP would look like in a country like Germany? The number is 5.3% in a worst case scenario.

Your sheeples act is entertaining and just as much of a “sheeples” act on this board. But that’s all it is. Your argument that the world doesn’t revolve around people’s losses is laughable when more than 80,000 people and counting have died of the virus in the States. Actually, the world does revolve around their losses with numbers like that. It’s in a time like this that the federal government is especially needed to provide leadership to individual states. 1.4 million people have been confirmed infected with the virus, for some it’s nothing and for others it’s a death sentence. So this isn’t a 1 in a billion thing.

If you’re going to try and make a smart argument about states rights and individual freedoms by all means make it and there are some valid points to make, just make sure you get the numbers right and don’t “tough guy” degrade other people’s experiences with the virus.

spot on.

The state by state cancellation of college sports is going to be painful to watch over the next 2 months. Every state and every conference (even the SEC) will succumb to the pressure. Very sad time to be an American.
Your time frame sounds about right. I suspect that the first college sport to return will be football, but it will be in 2021.

Half this country is so mentally weak, its a joke

South Korea can do that because THEY DID AN AMAZING JOB SINCE DAY ONE of the pandemic.

We did not. Complete opposite because America is too busy arguing stupid **** instead of working together. And it doesn’t help to have a world class narcissist imbecile leading the charge.

Advertisement
Funny you reference the New York Times for this information, the granddaddy of all pearl clutching media according to the Fox News groupies around here...anyhow, the article states the 5 percent decrease in GDP, now saying could get as bad as 12%.

You can’t have a once a century pandemic and not expect financial consequences. It sucks for everyone. I’ve lost tens of thousands of dollars, I’m not kidding, in future earnings. It hurts, people are hurting worse than me, but people around here acting like we can have a pandemic and prosper at the same time. I want to get back on track, my kids to go back to school, but I also think this is nothing to play with.
I'm opposed to continued general lockdown myself, yet I agree with every word you said above. To me, they are not mutually exclusive.

Please take this to COVID forum.

Hint: I used NYT as a media outlet for someone like you

The divide between hysterical chicken little types and those of us who are measured and rationale is impossible bridge. It's hard to even see how we have even a single thing in common. Its just too incredibly divergent worldviews.

What's next, 10 mph speed limits. I mean you care about saving lives right? Where does this insanity end?

Good luck to you.

Go Canes.

Yet MLB starting July 1st

Bundesliga starting this weekend

Premiere League starting June 1st
Bundesliga is starting because Germany wasn't hit hard and they did everything right. Premier League might start June 1, with no fans, but the teams and league have yet to agree to anything and might not. France canceled their season.

Advertisement
Back