Pump your brakes on a 2020 season.

You know what every scared person is right. Shut down the country for every sickness forever and give the government all ur rights. Never be free again bc WE THE PEOPLE are scared. Lol. Never in my life have I been so embarrassed to call myself an American.

Advertisement
You know what every scared person is right. Shut down the country for every sickness forever and give the government all ur rights. Never be free again bc WE THE PEOPLE are scared. Lol. Never in my life have I been so embarrassed to call myself an American.
Some of these clowns don't realize alot of us can't stand big gov't

People were taking to the streets protesting to go back to work all over the country - the government had to stay in front of it and let them back, or go to Martial Law. Particularly since those models were so wrong about the death rate. A lot of people with no money coming in and worried about foreclosures weren't real confident in the government voluntarily shutting down the American economy for the first time.

Still, watch how many restaurants fail - one of the biggest things that drive employment numbers. California says they will lose 30% of their 90,000 restaurants. Restaurants created middle-class jobs between 2010-2018 three times faster than the rest of the economy. It is the industry with the most minorities in management positions.

Look around at not only local restaurants closing but also national chains. We just had two in my small SW Florida town. Covid-19 will do to Restaurants what NAFTA did to manufacturing in the Rustbelt and textiles in the South; Put a lot of people into semi-permanent unemployment who have skills for jobs that no longer exist. What followed that? The opioid and meth epidemics in those regions. There are a million + restaurants in America - that's going to put lots of hopeless people out there.

Some of you are misinformed or confused. The federal government did not close the country. Your individual governors did. Both republican and democrat. They are the ones in power in those states. The feds don’t have that authority.

And the feds are led by Trump.

Advertisement
I wonder how many sporting programs are going to crumble from this. I know this is "just" Florida Tech, but I bet this is just the beginning. We really have to find a way to come out of this asap before everything really is changed permanently.....if it already hasn't.
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/...sQnhunQDHfkGRF1cVXmIFJDOmuvBrZOL3hcQJ3NOEvplg

Not manny universities can front the athletic departments budget without revenues coming in.
Maybe ours too.

Advertisement
Some of you are seeing this from a singular lens. Do you think schools will allow their students and others to attend stadiums in large numbers in the fall to watch football games? Absolutely not. If 5,000 students get COVID after attending that event, the school will be sued for millions if not hundreds of millions. This is not just about football, beer, **** and monster trucks. It's far more complex. The same goes for nursery, grade, middle and high schools.

And with all due respect, it's just football. So calm the **** down.

I'd be fine if they cancel football, beer, and monster trucks.

It's an opinion piece, but it appears there may not be sports at all in California this year. If that the case where all of the NFL, NBA, and CFB teams are shuttered, I don't think it's out of bounds to think that public pressure will be brought on other states to follow a similar model.

It’s a bad cold. The only people who’s lives are at risk are old with underlying conditions. They should be quarantined, not everyone. 99.9% of our lives aren’t at risk. Don’t be such a drama queen.
Have you had covid 19? Just asking cause I want to know if it just felt like a bad cold to you.

Thanks a lot. Dr is a She for what it's worth. And I am pretty certain you are correct that it is all about more money. If one of her daughters had not gotten involved, covid-19 would be the end of it. The daughter is a pretty insistent person. CT tomorrow of chest and abdomen.
Best wishes.

Advertisement
Some of you are seeing this from a singular lens. Do you think schools will allow their students and others to attend stadiums in large numbers in the fall to watch football games? Absolutely not. If 5,000 students get COVID after attending that event, the school will be sued for millions if not hundreds of millions. This is not just about football, beer, **** and monster trucks. It's far more complex. The same goes for nursery, grade, middle and high schools.

And with all due respect, it's just football. So calm the **** down.

How long do you think the universities can sustain the athletic departments budgets without TV revenue?

Advertisement
A bunch of people got kicked out of it. Regrettably, you were one of those. One was allowed back in by @Andrew in exchange for @RVACane becoming a mod.

We lobbied hard to let everyone back in, but sadly bAndrew is not a benevolent dictator.
I actually had asked for @MrMachete and @CFLCane to be let back in but the King of the Covid Forum only let @Go Canes!! in.

My request was not based on whether I agree or disagree with political positions, as each have different views, but just on what I saw as reasonable. I still have no idea what Machete did but in my opinión - it’s cooler to be banned from that cesspool. That board is all bAndrew. I try to avoid that place.

I fixed it *******. More testing means higher positive tests. You've already been debunked. Ill leave you to your nonsense....
No need for name calling.

So, if you don't test then there's less infected people?

If a tree falls in a forest and nobody's there does it make a sound?

Doesn't Fauci have another HIV patent to be concerned about? Seems to be a conflict of interest being head of NAIAD and having patents for a virus such as HIV but probably nothing to see here. Business as usual.

Advertisement
Back