Pump your brakes on a 2020 season.

Advertisement
The discussion is sports without fans in attendance.

I hope things improve and we can watch some football, but not at the expense of others - young men exposing themselves to a potential virus that could kill them just so we can get off on sports.

But my point is, what if the majority of people your mind sees as newly infected from that gathering, actually already had COVID without realizing it? That starts to unravel your entire analysis of why we can't open the country back up, right? And it's not out of the realm of possibility, at all. In fact, my prediction is that is will be the end result. COVID was spreading far and wide before we ever knew, TONS of people had it already and weren't aware, quarantine was never feasible (and general lockdown was utterly asinine by the time we implemented it), the virus is going to spread no matter what (I believe it's already done the bulk of its spreading) and we need to protect the most vulnerable rather than demanding the healthy stay inside as our economy collapses.

Again, I'm not saying "I'm right and you're wrong". I'm saying this is a possibility, and it completely crumbles the foundation of your arguments as to why it's not ok for Americans to return to things like work and sports on a mass scale.

I get what your saying. Keep in mind there are plenty cases where people have caught the virus twice but also keep in mind testing in the U.S sucks. It's way behind and not nearly enough people have been tested. The virus wI'll continue to spread because you have those who are taking it serious and those who are not. Our economy will take at a minimum 10 years to rebound what were experiencing now is worse than the 08 house market crisis. This will take just like that over a decade to recover.

Advertisement
This thread has started to suck something serious. For ****'s sake, of course cases are going to rise as we open back up. What I don't understand is why people describe getting the virus like a death sentence. "Oh no! 1000 new cases!" Yes, that's how it works. The data shows it doesn't significantly harm the vast number of people who get it. Our alternative is to stay in our foxholes for another year. Seems like a weird plan, but I'll go with the flow.

Agree!
Also I dont understand people that make it seem like we can pick and chose when to open.
The government is out of money. When you say we can chose when to reopen the economy is like being in an aitplane thats diving toward the ground and you say we can choose when to pull up.
People really aren't getting the size of the bankruptcy tidal wave thats about to hit us soon...and they definitely dont understand what follows that.

Last edited:
So how do we have a football season if colleges in some states can't or won't open till July to December? Not all conferences are willing to play. I know the SEC wants to go forward with it, but how do you have a conference only football season? I still think the liability thing is off the charts for players and fans alike. This also snow balls into recruiting and eligibility nightmares. Just looking for ways forward. Thoughts?

https://bestlifeonline.com/fauci-schools-open-fall/

https://www.latimes.com/california/...pen-los-angeles-county-move-toward-new-normal

I get what your saying. Keep in mind there are plenty cases where people have caught the virus twice but also keep in mind testing in the U.S sucks. It's way behind and not nearly enough people have been tested. The virus wI'll continue to spread because you have those who are taking it serious and those who are not. Our economy will take at a minimum 10 years to rebound what were experiencing now is worse than the 08 house market crisis. This will take just like that over a decade to recover.
Agree. Bad sh-t all around, man, no matter how you slice it.

I was just saying to the Mrs last night, how freakin mind blowing is it how this word "coronavirus" came out of absolutely nowhere a few months ago and just completely consumed our world in pretty much every manner possible. A wild time to be alive!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure there are some honest doctors on CIS? Hopefully some will chime in and you will know a little bit more. My niece is an ER doctor at an extremely busy emergency room. Hasn't seen a case in over a month that she can claim is really any type of coronavirus. A new code was made a couple of months ago. Many illnesses are falsely being reported Covid-19 under that code. I checked with a neurosurgeon friend of mine and he confirmed as much. Not trying to make this political but even the far left media has reported this as going on as well as more conservative media
I guess you haven't been watching the Midwest. I was born there. I have family there. Some of them work in those meat plants. It real. I talk or text with family in Iowa every day.

They are paying people $500 extra each week if they don't miss work. They take everyone's temperature before they start their shift each day. A woman took Tylenol for her fever so she wouldn't be flagged on her temperature so she wouldn't miss work and get her weekly bonus. She died a few days later because of her Covid-19 infection. There are plenty of sad stories. Most of us don't hear about them. We have to open up the country, but these sad stories will continue.

That's a strange question. I've not seen anyone who says they "want it again," but I've also discussed with dozens of people who've had it and didn't experience much at all. In either case, what would my or your anecdotal experiences have to do with making non-emotional, data-driven decisions? I'll gladly comply with whatever is set, but the point is we're not going to be 100% in the clear or near herd immunity for a really long time. Nonsensical on many levels to wait till then. To what end?

Glad you recovered from what sounds like a more serious case.

We wont be out of the clear for years. This is major. What non emotional data driven decisions are you referring to?

So how do we have a football season if colleges in some states can't or won't open till July to December? Not all conferences are willing to play. I know the SEC wants to go forward with it, but how do you have a conference only football season? I still think the liability thing is off the charts for players and fans alike. This also snow balls into recruiting and eligibility nightmares. Just looking for ways forward. Thoughts?

https://bestlifeonline.com/fauci-schools-open-fall/

https://www.latimes.com/california/...pen-los-angeles-county-move-toward-new-normal
It's very problematic, I agree. Someone on this thread made a great point earlier about how it's tough to apply the same analysis to CFB as it is to NFL. In the pros, those players are making the decision to play and get paid - at least, you can legally argue they are. Can't say the same about college kids. In fact, they could potentially argue they are forced to play, right? Because if they don't, they could lose their scholarship. I could definitely see WAY more lawsuits against colleges from athletes than from pros.

Having said that, yes, I believe conferences (like the SEC) will play it alone if that's the only option they are left with. But I believe the majority will play, not just a small handful like SEC teams. Only time will tell.

Thank god for "The Last Dance"! lol

We shut down, so hospitals weren’t over run. Hospitals aren’t
being deluged with Chinese virus patients in 99 % of country. They are ready now for the pandemic, so open it the **** up.
Who are Chinese virus patients? Did the Chinese get American swine infections?

Advertisement
Agree. Bad sh-t all around, man, no matter how you slice it.

I was just saying to the Mrs last night, how freakin mind blowing is it how this word "coronavirus" came out of absolutely nowhere a few months ago and just complete consumed our world in pretty much every manner possible. A wild time to be alive!

Yeah its wild times it's like the 1918 Spanish Flu but in modern times. The word coronavirus has been around forever its justice weren't in the infectious disease fields that use it.

Advertisement
Yeah its wild times it's like the 1918 Spanish Flu but in modern times. The word coronavirus has been around forever its justice weren't in the infectious disease fields that use it.
Yeah, I realize that now. Although I'll be honest, I had never heard of the term "coronavirus until this year. I was surprised when I first saw my can of lysol at home said it kills it. LOL (I know that's not COVID-19)

I guess you haven't been watching the Midwest. I was born there. I have family there. Some of them work in those meat plants. It real. I talk or text with family in Iowa every day.

They are paying people $500 extra each week if they don't miss work. They take everyone's temperature before they start their shift each day. A woman took Tylenol for her fever so she wouldn't be flagged on her temperature so she wouldn't miss work and get her weekly bonus. She died a few days later because of her Covid-19 infection. There are plenty of sad stories. Most of us don't hear about them. We have to open up the country, but these sad stories will continue.
Sad for sure. Terrible working conditions TBH in most of those places. Never see the light of day. Side by side. If same job could be done outside, and I know that's impractical, the number of cases would be close to zero. I feel sorry for that woman for sure. But she put her life in danger if she had a high enough fever where she couldn't be allowed to work. Most places that temperature is 100.4. if she was above that, she should definitely not have been there. That definitely caused a risk to many other people in there. Not smart. Again tragic loss, I feel terrible for her and any others that do succumb to any illness like that. On the other side, we have a family member in Austin. She has had a fever for 3 weeks. Tested for covid-19 during the first week. Negative. But the doctor insisted it was covid-19. A week later she was tested again for covid-19. Negative again. but the doctor continued to call her illness covid-19. finally a few days ago she had the antibody test which was also negative. The doctor continued to call it covid 19. Now one of her daughters is involved and the doctor will consider some other options. Still calling it covid-19 until proven otherwise. I'm calling BS.

We shut down, so hospitals weren’t over run. Hospitals aren’t
being deluged with Chinese virus patients in 99 % of country. They are ready now for the pandemic, so open it the **** up.
Hospitals barely have any more PPE now than they had 2 months ago and they certainly don't have any extra staff. When I can buy an n95 mask on Amazon, then you say we jave enough supply.

Along with throttling the cases, we were to prepare ourselves to function in a Covid-19 world until we have a vaccine. I think there are only a few states that have prepared well and we don't have a national plan.

We can't keep the country shutdown. The country will open up. Covid-19 cases will climb.

Advertisement
Back