Pump your brakes on a 2020 season.

I just also wanna mention the press called him a Russian agent for three years with zero evidence. They are now running interference for those who used them for fools to propagate those claims. The entire media is useless.

Do the Russians have a CV19 football team? This sounds “political”....

Advertisement
Why is it that every time someone doesn’t 100% blame Trump for something, they are called some form of Trump apologist? Have I said Trump did a good job? If I was in his administration I would’ve been screaming for him to stop listening. I am only talking about Fauci.

All those things you said aren’t true either. People purposely take what he says out of context. They are using whatever kind of light to disinfect. Also Many countries around the world are still using that hydroxy stuff we first used here.
They're consumed by the orange boogeyman.....

This thread has started to suck something serious. For ****'s sake, of course cases are going to rise as we open back up. What I don't understand is why people describe getting the virus like a death sentence. "Oh no! 1000 new cases!" Yes, that's how it works. The data shows it doesn't significantly harm the vast number of people who get it. Our alternative is to stay in our foxholes for another year. Seems like a weird plan, but I'll go with the flow.

July, for all intents and purposes, is indefinitely.

You don't seem to be able to grasp what economic destruction that causes to everyday people.

That order is financial catastrophe to rank and file types and government budgets.

The impacts will be felt for decades.

Now, how does the PAC 12 move forward with other conferences?

My concern is NCAA will take a "if one cant play, no one can play" approach.

July is kinda the opposite of indefinite. For your intents and purposes, it's longer than you would like or think necessary, so you prefer to dramatize it.

I certainly grasp the ramifications. I simply think that as a country, we have the resources to compensate everyday people and ensure that the devastation is minimized. But we're choosing not to do so.

I think we should be paying people to stay home, at least until states meet the recommended benchmarks. Then I think a measured re-opening is totally appropriate.

I do not think that most states that are currently opening up have heeded the benchmarks or are taking a measured approach. And I think they're gonna be screwed in a few weeks, when cases skyrocket in areas that had previously not been hit hard.

He never said the virus itself was a hoax. Again you are playing right into the media’s hands and taking things out of context. There is zero point in this conversation if you think he gets asked fair and honest questions. His pressers have become side shows for reporters to gain popularity. It literally happened yesterday with that Asian lady.

Why is everything "the media" you have to have another fallback in your playbook. She asked him a big boy question and he couldn't answer it. They're not going let him lie and have a cake walk this is the big stage and he's obviously not smart enough so he attacks the media. If he didn't lie so much maybe the media wouldn't have to hold him so accountable

Advertisement
This thread has started to suck something serious. For ****'s sake, of course cases are going to rise as we open back up. What I don't understand is why people describe getting the virus like a death sentence. "Oh no! 1000 new cases!" Yes, that's how it works. The data shows it doesn't significantly harm the vast number of people who get it. Our alternative is to stay in our foxholes for another year. Seems like a weird plan, but I'll go with the flow.

I got the coronavirus in February. Knowing what I know now staying in your foxhole is 100x better than the alternative. Have you ever seen one person who got it say it was a blast and they want it again? I had a very bad pink eye. My throat was felt like someone took nails and scraped up and down my throat. My lungs were shot. Barely felt like I could get any air. Got it right after the SB.

Last edited:

Exactly. It's not a death sentence for about 99%+ people who get it. The people at high risk (namely old people/fat people/immuno-compromised people) need to be protected/protect themselves. The rest of us need to go back to life.

MLB July 1 is simply not happening. It's bizarre to me that this is being promoted as a reality.

I think they're saying this to give people hope but the only hope we have is really a cure or to slow the spread down significantly

Advertisement
I got the coronavirus in February. Knowing what I know now staying in your foxhole is 100x better than the alternative. Have you ever seen one person who got it say it was a blast and they want it again? I had a very bad pink eye. My throat was felt like someone took nails and scraped up and down my throat. My lungs were shot. Barely felt like I could air. Got it right after the SB.

It sounds like it seriously sucks....if you get symptoms. But keeping everybody home indefinitely because of a really really crappy illness that the overwhelming majority who get it will recover from is ludicrous.

Exactly. It's not a death sentence for about 99%+ people who get it. The people at high risk (namely old people/fat people/immuno-compromised people) need to be protected/protect themselves. The rest of us need to go back to life.

It's not so much of a death sentence it's because of how it spreads and the impact it has on daily life that makes it such an impact

Advertisement
It sounds like it seriously sucks....if you get symptoms. But keeping everybody home indefinitely because of a really really crappy illness that the overwhelming majority who get it will recover from is ludicrous.

Think of like this. We work at a Microsoft call center. 400 people. We all get it. We all now cant work, 400 of now just got our family sick(wife and two kids) now that number just went from 400 to1200 not to mention who they infected. Now we just did 4 major things because we got sick. Crippled the hospitals and there Pope stock, the schools our kids go to are now closed , were not working at the call center, where are spouses worked at there not working because of the outbreak. This disease is more about responsibility than anything else. I have to he responsible enough not to put my self interest in the way of catching it and spreading it

The only hope is that rational minds will eventually prevail and we'll get life going again sooner rather than later.

Things will get get before but not by opening too soon. Dont take my word just watch how the spread picks back up as it gets warmer across the U.S

July is kinda the opposite of indefinite. For your intents and purposes, it's longer than you would like or think necessary, so you prefer to dramatize it.

I certainly grasp the ramifications. I simply think that as a country, we have the resources to compensate everyday people and ensure that the devastation is minimized. But we're choosing not to do so.

I think we should be paying people to stay home, at least until states meet the recommended benchmarks. Then I think a measured re-opening is totally appropriate.

I do not think that most states that are currently opening up have heeded the benchmarks or are taking a measured approach. And I think they're gonna be screwed in a few weeks, when cases skyrocket in areas that had previously not been hit hard.

My goodness. You live in a wholly different dimension detached from this reality.

Good luck to you.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
The response has led to as bad of an impact on daily life that I could imagine.

The problem the U S has is basically us the people. There are so many that want to open the country up too soon and it's only going to set us further behind and delay the actual opening time.

Utterly bizarre.

Think of like this. We work at a Microsoft call center. 400 people. We all get it. We all now cant work, 400 of now just got our family sick(wife and two kids) now that number just went from 400 to1200 not to mention who they infected. Now we just did 4 major things because we got sick. Crippled the hospitals and there Pope stock, the schools our kids go to are now closed , were not working at the call center, where are spouses worked at there not working because of the outbreak. This disease is more about responsibility than anything else. I have to he responsible enough not to put my self interest in the way of catching it and spreading it
But what if 390 of those 400 people are asymptomatic? As in, never become symptomatic. What if we looked around every public place or work environment and became aware that more than 50% of the people we see have COVID antibodies? Cast that hypothetical out everywhere in America. Then what in the world would be the function of the lockdown (when you also take into account its wide ranging devastation)? The reality is, AMHURT12, this hypothetical may very well prove true. Put differently, we don't at all know right now it's NOT true. And what we do know as of now is true, is that the vast majority of models we relied on to guide our decisions were off by orders of magnitude - and all missed wildly on the impact-too-extreme side.

Food for thought.

Actually 99.999% of global population survives in a walk.

Advertisement
Back