Pump your brakes on a 2020 season.

OMG, Yah, your wife's scarf isn't going to protect you, but that N95 mask will. Why do hospital workers wear N95 and P100 masks?

LOL, are you serious? One of your many disingenuous posts.

N95s are reserved for medical workers, and even they don’t have enough.

Like I said, masks aren’t protecting the people you’re talking about. You weren’t referring to health care workers. Don’t lie.

Advertisement
Ain't nobody nowhere said anything about continuing the shutdown indefinitely.

Fauci, Birx, and other federal officials put out guidance on how/when to open up. E.g., sustained decreases in new cases and deaths for 2 weeks, testing, contact tracing.

States (mostly R states) are not paying attention to those benchmarks.
It appears to becoming politicized, with conservative led states leaning towards opening and progressive led states leaning towards maintaining shelter in place.

As for colleges, I would suspect that many - even in conservative states - will lean towards caution and either have limited openings or virtual teaching in the fall 2020. That makes a 2020 CFB season unlikely, and if an Alabama and Florida try to cobble together a season with 15 other participating schools there could easily be a political backlash that: 1) Casts the institution of college football and the immense expense that it carries in a negative light, for all schools 2) By virtue of point 1, leads to schools who want to have a season backing out a few days later

Unfortunately, Fauci doesn’t think the NFL can play their games, even without crowds and player testing.

View attachment 116773

Peter King is a clown and would rather there not be sports. Less than 1K are dying a day at this point. This virus is on its way out.
Treatments and vaccines are in the way for those worried come fall.

Advertisement
1.25 million people die in car accidents every year, if we really cared about life we would ban the use of cars and go strictly to bikes and city transportation .. I mean we could save over a miilon lives.

Now Crown me and give me the Nobel Peace prize.

Freedom aint free we all know the risks...if you scared stay home for the next 2-3 years

I sincerely hope there is a football season, I think it would be workable, with no fans, and greater vigilance. But it may not happen, because of strong political headwinds - what Fauci is saying sure doesn’t help the cause, and certain people are going to jump on it

It’s a bad cold. The only people who’s lives are at risk are old with underlying conditions. They should be quarantined, not everyone. 99.9% of our lives aren’t at risk. Don’t be such a drama queen.

Dont tell me tell that to the parents when there kids die of this "bad cold" and they're suing the University or the NCAA

Advertisement
Lots of schools have already announced in-person classes this Fall.

This is like a kid making a commitment his Sophomore year before visiting other schools. It looks good but its May and school starts in August.

Correction, he leads the the US Government Institute responsible for infectious diseases (among others).

That does not make him the leading or top expert for infectious diseases.

Tomato - toemahtoe

Hey if you know someone that is better or someone else who has been the last 4 presidents top infectious disease expert bring he or she out if not he's the top guy

So, you're basically saying the the whole world has it wrong except Sweden?

You assume this is the same flu. It's much more contagious. We've had 80,000 deaths in 3 months and we've been shutdown for 2 of them. It' not just the old and weak that are dying although they are the majority. Before states started shutting down, the infection rate was doubling every 2 days at one point. That meant that 280 million would have been infected within a month. Forget about the deaths. Our healthcare system would have been overwhelmed like we saw in NYC and around the country, but far worse.

Shutting down was more about throttling the outbreak so we could gain control and put mechanisms in place to better deal with it. It was buying us time.

I'm not arguing against opening the country. We have to. I just think things are going to get worse because I don't think enough has been done during the shutdown. That's my opinion. It's hard for people to grasp which is why I get attacked for saying it and that's fine.

The virus is controlling the economy whether people are back to work or not. We see that at these meat processing plants where I have relatives working in Iowa. People are getting sick and are missing work. This causes a disruption in the food supply because the plants can't operate at their maximum efficiency. The same type of thing will happen to other businesses. My dad works for a major central air and heating company. They are a natioal brand. They had to shut down because too many workers were out sick. They didn't even tell anyone that the virus was spreading in the plant until they shutdown.

So, we should be wearing mask because a lot of people are goint get sick and miss work even if they recover.
I'm pretty sure there are some honest doctors on CIS? Hopefully some will chime in and you will know a little bit more. My niece is an ER doctor at an extremely busy emergency room. Hasn't seen a case in over a month that she can claim is really any type of coronavirus. A new code was made a couple of months ago. Many illnesses are falsely being reported Covid-19 under that code. I checked with a neurosurgeon friend of mine and he confirmed as much. Not trying to make this political but even the far left media has reported this as going on as well as more conservative media

He knows his stuff? Dude predicted Covid-19 wouldn’t affect the U.S.

Fvck this dude

You sure he said that or Bozo the clownmanader and thief who said that. I'm pretty sure the top infectious disease expert wouldn't say something that stupid when he says the reaction this administration has shown to the virus

Advertisement
You sure he said that or Bozo the clownmanader and thief who said that. I'm pretty sure the top infectious disease expert wouldn't say something that stupid when he says the reaction this administration has shown to the virus

He 100% said that. He went on tv multiple times and said this wouldn’t bother Americans.

Unfortunately, Fauci doesn’t think the NFL can play their games, even without crowds and player testing.

View attachment 116773
If Fauci says that, then we are in good shape football fans!

Advertisement
Oh man what’s that over Richard Sherman’s face?

AF02B995-FBB8-42CA-AB8B-EC7D13B32BEA.jpeg

The fact that no state has met the 14 day decline should give us pause. What this means is that Covid-19 will continue to rise as states open up their economies and they already have in 16 states.

We can't stay shut down forever, but I fear we're not prepared for what may come. We'll know in a month or two how things are playing out. I'd expect a decision to be made on football by the 1st of July if not sooner.

Not to be Jonny raincloud, but I just don't see this thing panning out for the Fall because in the short time that states have reopened, people are going back to their pre Covid-19 routines. I guess it's human nature, but nothing has occurred that people can just return to normal like nothing ever happened. The virus hasn't left. We don't have a vaccine. If we're going to be successful during this pandemic, we have to act responsibility or this whole thing won't work resulting in no football or any other sport for that matter.
We shut down, so hospitals weren’t over run. Hospitals aren’t
being deluged with Chinese virus patients in 99 % of country. They are ready now for the pandemic, so open it the **** up.

LOL, are you serious? One of your many disingenuous posts.

N95s are reserved for medical workers, and even they don’t have enough.

Like I said, masks aren’t protecting the people you’re talking about. You weren’t referring to health care workers. Don’t lie.

Isn't the point of wearing masks preventing the spread of the disease? Only works if everybody does it?

Advertisement
Back