Pump your brakes on a 2020 season.

Advertisement
Yah, you lost me. Most not wear mask? The virus is in the White House. They didn't wear masks either. The virus transmits from respiratory infection.

Wearing a mask is your only defense other than total isolation.

I do believe there'll be a college football season. I just dont think it's going to happen in the Fall. I hope I'm wrong because that would mean we have the virus under control.
I'm old as dirt brother. I remember being in elementary school during Hong Kong flu. Supposedly 100,000 people or thereabouts died in the US that year. approximately 1 million worldwide. All attributed to the Hong Kong flu. Here's the deal. The vast majority of us never felt it. Never missed a day of school. Never saw anyone wearing masks. And get this, the vast majority of the people that died had pretty bad pre-existing health conditions and/or were elderly. Sound familiar? Oh yeah, Woodstock occurred. I think for most of us we missed mask season. The masks, if they are helpful, probably should have been implemented late March or so. Now, free the people, get them outdoors. It is nice now around much of the nation. Why did they still have beaches closed in South Florida for so long? Idiotic if true. The elderly and people with pretty bad health in general absolutely need to continue to be careful.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yah, you lost me. Most not wear mask? The virus is in the White House. They didn't wear masks either. The virus transmits from respiratory infection.

Wearing a mask is your only defense other than total isolation.

I do believe there'll be a college football season. I just dont think it's going to happen in the Fall. I hope I'm wrong because that would mean we have the virus under control.

LOL, you don’t even know what you’re talking about. Wearing a mask is not a defense for the wearer.

See the source image

Advertisement
Ain't nobody nowhere said anything about continuing the shutdown indefinitely.

Fauci, Birx, and other federal officials put out guidance on how/when to open up. E.g., sustained decreases in new cases and deaths for 2 weeks, testing, contact tracing.

States (mostly R states) are not paying attention to those benchmarks.

1) the Ds are essentially advocating for indetermined/indefinite shutdown

2) why are deaths lower in R run states?

I mean, since you brought it up politics yet again.

By your logic, there shouldnt be a single person alive South of Martin-Palm Beach County line.

Collier should all be dead too. And lets not forget Arizona.

The Walking Dead from what I hear.

Right?

Right?

but...but...but...

Advertisement
I'm old as dirt brother. I remember being an elementary school for Hong Kong flu. Supposedly 100,000 people or thereabouts died in the US that year. approximately 1 million worldwide. All attributed to the Hong Kong flu. Here's the deal. The vast majority of us never felt it. Never missed a day of school. Never saw anyone wearing masks. And get this, the vast majority of the people that died had pretty bad pre-existing health conditions and/or were elderly. Sound familiar? Oh yeah, Woodstock occurred. I think for most of us we missed mask season. The masks, if they are helpful, probably should have been implemented late March or so. Now, free the people, get them outdoors. It is nice now around much of the nation. Why did they still have beaches closed in South Florida for so long? Idiotic if true. The elderly and people with pretty bad health in general absolutely need to continue to be careful.
So, you're basically saying the the whole world has it wrong except Sweden?

You assume this is the same flu. It's much more contagious. We've had 80,000 deaths in 3 months and we've been shutdown for 2 of them. It' not just the old and weak that are dying although they are the majority. Before states started shutting down, the infection rate was doubling every 2 days at one point. That meant that 280 million would have been infected within a month. Forget about the deaths. Our healthcare system would have been overwhelmed like we saw in NYC and around the country, but far worse.

Shutting down was more about throttling the outbreak so we could gain control and put mechanisms in place to better deal with it. It was buying us time.

I'm not arguing against opening the country. We have to. I just think things are going to get worse because I don't think enough has been done during the shutdown. That's my opinion. It's hard for people to grasp which is why I get attacked for saying it and that's fine.

The virus is controlling the economy whether people are back to work or not. We see that at these meat processing plants where I have relatives working in Iowa. People are getting sick and are missing work. This causes a disruption in the food supply because the plants can't operate at their maximum efficiency. The same type of thing will happen to other businesses. My dad works for a major central air and heating company. They are a natioal brand. They had to shut down because too many workers were out sick. They didn't even tell anyone that the virus was spreading in the plant until they shutdown.

So, we should be wearing mask because a lot of people are goint get sick and miss work even if they recover.

Advertisement
OMG, Yah, your wife's scarf isn't going to protect you, but that N95 mask will. Why do hospital workers wear N95 and P100 masks?
Other than N95 masks, the only thing all of the other masks will do is prevent you from spreading if you've got it. That's assuming it's being worn properly, which I guarantee it's not as often as it is.

We're supposed to wear (non-N95) masks when in the hospital, but the outbuildings or at our desk. How many paranoid people will wear them constantly and develop sinus infections from it?

Advertisement
Back